Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Stuck case help

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    jwfire25
    Member
    • Nov 2015
    • 477

    Originally posted by sigstroker
    Sako type?
    Yes sako style extractor

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

    Comment

    • #17
      jwfire25
      Member
      • Nov 2015
      • 477

      Originally posted by elk hunter
      That one is the first Bergara broken extractor I have seen or herd about.
      Upon research I have read that others have had broken extractors. I will be contacting bergara tomorrow

      Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

      Comment

      • #18
        Mayor McRifle
        Calguns Addict
        • Dec 2013
        • 7771

        Originally posted by jwfire25
        Yeah lol people say keep your bolt gun dirty for accuracy. Testing it out haha
        Anchors Aweigh

        sigpic

        Comment

        • #19
          elk hunter
          Senior Member
          • Sep 2014
          • 2122

          It's always good to learn something, let us know what Bergara says/does? Thanks

          Comment

          • #20
            LynnJr
            Calguns Addict
            • Jan 2013
            • 7958

            That looks like a sliding plate extractor not a Sako to me.
            Lynn Dragoman, Jr.
            Southwest Regional Director
            Unlimited Range Shooters Association (URSA)
            www.unlimitedrange.org
            Not a commercial business.
            URSA - Competition starts at 2000 yards!

            Comment

            • #21
              jwfire25
              Member
              • Nov 2015
              • 477

              Originally posted by LynnJr
              That looks like a sliding plate extractor not a Sako to me.
              The website does in fact say sliding plate extractor. Then every Bergara salesman/media person calls it sako style.

              Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

              Comment

              • #22
                ar15barrels
                I need a LIFE!!
                • Jan 2006
                • 57182

                Originally posted by sigstroker
                Was that a sliding plate type extractor?
                Are they somewhat prone to breakage?
                Yep.
                Just like a salvage.
                Randall Rausch

                AR work: www.ar15barrels.com
                Handguns: www.handgunbarrels.com
                Bolt actions: www.700barrels.com
                Foreign Semi Autos: www.akbarrels.com
                Most work done while you wait on a scheduled shop visit.

                Comment

                • #23
                  ar15barrels
                  I need a LIFE!!
                  • Jan 2006
                  • 57182

                  Originally posted by longrange1
                  run a cleaning rod in from the muzzle...the case should not be stuck to bad unless it was a real hot load.
                  If it was stuck well enough to trash the extractor, it's probably REALLY hot.

                  I usually have to machine the case out after removing the barrel from the action when I have run into this.
                  Usually the case sticks in the boltface and comes out of the barrel with the bolt though.
                  Randall Rausch

                  AR work: www.ar15barrels.com
                  Handguns: www.handgunbarrels.com
                  Bolt actions: www.700barrels.com
                  Foreign Semi Autos: www.akbarrels.com
                  Most work done while you wait on a scheduled shop visit.

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    ar15barrels
                    I need a LIFE!!
                    • Jan 2006
                    • 57182

                    Originally posted by jwfire25
                    I'm not to sure. Here's a pic of one that's not broken. I've never had one break
                    Originally posted by sigstroker
                    Sako type?
                    No.
                    Sako extractors don't get put INTO a lug.
                    Randall Rausch

                    AR work: www.ar15barrels.com
                    Handguns: www.handgunbarrels.com
                    Bolt actions: www.700barrels.com
                    Foreign Semi Autos: www.akbarrels.com
                    Most work done while you wait on a scheduled shop visit.

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      ar15barrels
                      I need a LIFE!!
                      • Jan 2006
                      • 57182

                      Originally posted by jwfire25
                      The website does in fact say sliding plate extractor.
                      Then every Bergara salesman/media person calls it sako style.
                      PR people don't know what they speak of.
                      A Sako extractor is NOT a sliding plate.
                      The media people are just latching on to buzzwords with no actual understanding...

                      A sako extractor has a hole at least an inch deep for the spring and plunger.
                      There's only about half an inch in the lug.
                      Any lug of the basic 700 dimension could only hold a sliding plate with a really short spring and ball bearing, like a salvage.
                      Randall Rausch

                      AR work: www.ar15barrels.com
                      Handguns: www.handgunbarrels.com
                      Bolt actions: www.700barrels.com
                      Foreign Semi Autos: www.akbarrels.com
                      Most work done while you wait on a scheduled shop visit.

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        jwfire25
                        Member
                        • Nov 2015
                        • 477

                        Originally posted by ar15barrels
                        PR people don't know what they speak of.

                        A Sako extractor is NOT a sliding plate.

                        The media people are just latching on to buzzwords with no actual understanding...
                        Thank you sir for your input!

                        Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          sigstroker
                          I need a LIFE!!
                          • Jan 2009
                          • 19900

                          Originally posted by ar15barrels
                          No.
                          Sako extractors don't get put INTO a lug.
                          I didn't think so but I was looking at the picture weird and misinterpreted the angle. I thought I was looking at the side of the extractor but it was the end.

                          If you google Bergara extractor it appears that lots of people have trouble with them.

                          As for sliding plate extractors, I see BAT uses them. Is there something different about theirs vs others?

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            ar15barrels
                            I need a LIFE!!
                            • Jan 2006
                            • 57182

                            Originally posted by sigstroker
                            As for sliding plate extractors, I see BAT uses them. Is there something different about theirs vs others?
                            Well if you know anything about BAT, you will know that they have superior machining, fit and heat treat in everything they do.
                            That's what you are getting when you pay for a BAT action/bolt.

                            The sliding plate still sucks in my opinion, but probably less so when you make it fit perfect with good materials and machining.
                            We don't hear about extractor problems from BAT.
                            This probably has much to do with the type of shooter who uses a BAT reciever though.
                            Let's just say that you can't buy a rifle off-the-rack with a BAT action at Big5 or Turners...
                            Randall Rausch

                            AR work: www.ar15barrels.com
                            Handguns: www.handgunbarrels.com
                            Bolt actions: www.700barrels.com
                            Foreign Semi Autos: www.akbarrels.com
                            Most work done while you wait on a scheduled shop visit.

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              jwfire25
                              Member
                              • Nov 2015
                              • 477

                              I contacted bergara and they are sending me the parts I need. The representative I talked to was really nice and didnt hassle me at all. He gave me the option of sending my rifle in or just sending me the parts.

                              Watch "Broken Bergara! (and repair)" on YouTube


                              This happened to my rifle as well. They are also sending me a new shroud. As the video explains. The threads are cast on the shroud in the first released HMRs. They have addressed the issue according to the guy I talked too.

                              Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1