Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Problem resolved: [malfunction] Timney Triggers for Remington 700

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    nidm
    Member
    • Jan 2014
    • 468

    Attached Files

    Comment

    • #17
      pacrat
      I need a LIFE!!
      • May 2014
      • 10285

      Originally posted by nidm
      folks,

      just like to report back. I connected the manufactory and received quick responses from Jill at Timney. His suggestion is right on , " It sounds like your overtravel screw needs to be let off just a bit.
      and also send me the attached picture with show the overtravel screw.

      so the problem resolved. And I'd also like to say thanks for your kind suggestions.

      nidm


      well, it is my first time install a trigger, and I didn't adjust anything of the trigger.
      You bought an adjustable trigger. Expect to adjust it.
      You're welcome. Glad to be of service.

      Comment

      • #18
        indobos72
        Senior Member
        • Dec 2010
        • 722

        Originally posted by nidm
        hi, folks,

        Looking for you guys help please. I bought Timney Triggers Remington 700 Calvin Elite Stage-2 Trigger and installed it on my remington 700 ADL last night. Well, it doesn't work.

        Basically, I pull the trigger, the bolt click slightly but doesn't fire, and then I lifted the bolt handle slightly, it fires. It is kind of hard to describe, so here is the youtube video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hfuVvqMO1U

        edit: per suggestion, I removed stock, and here is oather video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yw9Nx61yv5k . in the video, I tried three times, 2nd time works, and both 1st and 3rd malfuntion

        well, it is my first time install a trigger, and I didn't adjust anything of the trigger. The Remington 700 was purchased from Dick's, and never an issue.

        Thanks for your suggestions, and Merry Christmas

        nidm

        BTW, I am newbie here on 700/timney-triggers. so just like to clarify something simple/silly here. My 700 is 308, the trigger there is no different between calibers, right?
        Well no one mentioned it, so I might as well. Your first problem was you bought it at anti-2A Dicks.


        That being said. I have the same trigger and was waiting for my punches to swap this out. Your problem will not become mine. Glad you got it worked out. I will appreciate it even more once I get mine going.


        Thanks

        Comment

        Working...
        UA-8071174-1