Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Remington Recall - Defective Trigger Settlement

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    Red-Osier
    Doesn't Abide
    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
    • Oct 2015
    • 12284

    Originally posted by daveinwoodland
    the documentary that was published at the time was pretty damning since the person that designed and worked for Remington was in it.
    Thats the documentary I saw.
    sigpic

    Comment

    • #17
      desert dog
      Senior Member
      • May 2008
      • 786

      I run Timneys in both my 700s. Even if it was perfectly safe, I don't like the factory trigger at all. The Timney is a huge improvement.

      Comment

      • #18
        LeftHand-Fu
        CGN/CGSSA Contributor
        • Mar 2013
        • 388

        There are actually two recalls:
        * Walker triggers ("trigger mechanisms with a component part known as a trigger connector") manufactured on any date, and
        * X-Mark Pro (XMP) triggers manufactured from 5/1/2006 and 4/9/2014.

        Those had separate pages on the Remington website last time I checked.

        The Walker trigger recall is based on a possible flaw in the design that could cause a rifle to fire unexpectedly if dirt or manufacturing scrap falls into the mechanism. Some claim this happened while they were trying to unload their rifles for cleaning.

        The XMP recall is just so they can clean out some excess glue that got inside during the manufacturing process. We could do that cleaning ourselves, but for legal reasons they can only guarantee the rifles if we send them back.

        In both cases, replacing your stock trigger with some aftermarket goodness is a good way to go.
        Formerly TargetMaven

        Lefty videos
        Revolver reloading: de BethencourtAyoob (lefty at 4:30)
        Semi-auto handling: SIG SAUER AcademyGunsite Academy

        Comment

        • #19
          I.am.THAT.guy
          Junior Member
          • Nov 2016
          • 25

          Sorry to revive an old thread. I know that this recall topic has been discuss to nauseam. But I still have a question that it seems has not been answered in all the online articles and/or threads. Please forgive my ignorance.

          I have looked at Remington's recall page and it clearly states on there that there is a way to tell if you are affected in this recall or not, simply by looking at the face of the trigger. If the face of the trigger is ribbed then you are NOT affected. If the face of the trigger is smooth then you ARE affected.

          Well, my Rem700 has a SMOOTH face trigger. Therefore, it should be affected by this recall. Yet when I input my serial number into the Remington Recall page, it says that my 700 is NOT affected in this recall. So I'm getting mixed messages here. One page says yes and the other says no.

          Question: Is my Rem700 affected by this recall?

          Here is the link to Remington's webpage with trigger faces.


          I have tried contacting Remington but no answers yet. I'm trying to gauge everyone's thoughts on this conundrum.
          .
          sigpic

          Something's gone wrong, for all our vigilance and battle scars over the Bill of Rights, have we let the Flame of Freedom's Torch grow cold? Because there can be no torch to pass where there's no flame... So it's not unreasonable that with one lost generation, we could lose the Second Amendment forever because we didn't teach them what the battle is all about. We didn't strike that spark in their hearts that lights the fire for Freedom.

          - Charlton Heston

          Comment

          • #20
            LeftHand-Fu
            CGN/CGSSA Contributor
            • Mar 2013
            • 388

            Originally posted by I.am.THAT.guy
            Question: Is my Rem700 affected by this recall?
            The page you sent us to, with the ribbed/smooth trigger photos, covers only the XMP trigger recall.

            You didn't provide a link to the page where you entered your serial number, but that one is probably for the Walker trigger recall.

            Those are two different recalls, as explained in my previous post (immediately above yours).

            If I'm right about your confusion, then welcome to a very large club. Remington should consolidate this stuff on one page.
            Formerly TargetMaven

            Lefty videos
            Revolver reloading: de BethencourtAyoob (lefty at 4:30)
            Semi-auto handling: SIG SAUER AcademyGunsite Academy

            Comment

            • #21
              NorCalFocus
              Veteran Member
              • Aug 2013
              • 3913

              Originally posted by I.am.THAT.guy
              Sorry to revive an old thread. I know that this recall topic has been discuss to nauseam. But I still have a question that it seems has not been answered in all the online articles and/or threads. Please forgive my ignorance.

              I have looked at Remington's recall page and it clearly states on there that there is a way to tell if you are affected in this recall or not, simply by looking at the face of the trigger. If the face of the trigger is ribbed then you are NOT affected. If the face of the trigger is smooth then you ARE affected.

              Well, my Rem700 has a SMOOTH face trigger. Therefore, it should be affected by this recall. Yet when I input my serial number into the Remington Recall page, it says that my 700 is NOT affected in this recall. So I'm getting mixed messages here. One page says yes and the other says no.

              Question: Is my Rem700 affected by this recall?

              Here is the link to Remington's webpage with trigger faces.


              I have tried contacting Remington but no answers yet. I'm trying to gauge everyone's thoughts on this conundrum.
              Spend $100 on a Timney, install yourself and move on with life.

              Comment

              • #22
                condor
                Senior Member
                • Apr 2009
                • 1102

                In my case I had 5 700's etc. that would possibly need to be sent back, but only if Rem lost the suit. It also explained that they would supply the packing material and pre-paid shipping labels if that happened. So the guns are registered, and I'm not holding my breath.. Life moves on.....
                WITHOUT THE 2nd THERE WON'T BE A 1st...]

                Comment

                • #23
                  Spyder
                  CGN Contributor
                  • Mar 2008
                  • 17273

                  I sent my brand new Sendero SF II back well over a year ago because the bolt lugs were effing crooked and it shot 10 inches at a hundred yards. They did the recall work and sent it back with an un-fixed bolt. Bastards. They did send a shipping box, and were quick at it though.

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    adamjay
                    Senior Member
                    • Dec 2010
                    • 1400

                    Went with a Timney
                    'The greatest fine art of the future will be the making of a comfortable living from a small piece of land.'

                    -Abraham Lincoln

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    UA-8071174-1