After shooting my 308 and having it jump of target several inches I have decided to put a muzzle brake on it. Did a little research and American Precision Arms seem popular in the precision world. Does anyone here have any experience with their muzzle brakes ? I know there are quite a few other companies out there with muzzle brakes. What are you guys using ?
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
308 muzzle Brake
Collapse
X
-
Tags: None
-
They work good, but are very expensive for what you get.
I recommend a 3 port brake from Ross Schuler.
$45 made in a day or two to your specs on bullet size, barrel diameter and thread spec.Randall Rausch
AR work: www.ar15barrels.com
Handguns: www.handgunbarrels.com
Bolt actions: www.700barrels.com
Foreign Semi Autos: www.akbarrels.com
Most work done while you wait on a scheduled shop visit. -
Ross Schuler all the way...and Randall can install and time it for you, too.
You will never, in your life, have a chance like this again.
If I were you, I would not pass this up. I would not let this go by...this is rare.
Come on...what harm??
joefrank64k 251/251 100% iTrader?Comment
-
Have an American Precision Arms Fat Bastard on a 300 win mag and I can't say enough good things about it. The Little Bastard should be more than enough for a 308.
Comment
-
You will never, in your life, have a chance like this again.
If I were you, I would not pass this up. I would not let this go by...this is rare.
Come on...what harm??
joefrank64k 251/251 100% iTrader?Comment
-
If you want a clean look and an effective brake, Ross Schuler 3-port and have Randall install it. Many other good brakes out there, as paramedictim points out above with the APA Fat Bastard, but they will be 2 to 3 times the price of Schuler's brake, but not 2 to 3 times better....
.........??????????...... sigpic
.
???Everyone's a Garand expert until the Garand expert walks in the room and I have only met 3, Scott Duff, Bruce Canfield & Gus Fisher
.Comment
-
Thanks for the replies. I think I'll get with Randall and get something going.sigpicComment
-
I was having the same issue OP. I took the advise of everyone here and also got a Ross Schuler 3 port on my .308. I love it. It doesn't blow dirt in my face, and makes it feel like I'm shooting a .223. I love being able to spot my own shots.Comment
-
muzzle brake
brake
brake
brake
brake
brakeShort Action Precision ! USA !
https://g.co/fi/r/UC7661 Project Fi referral.
You/I get $20
https://www.activejunky.com/invite/167810
Active Junky Referral you get $10
WTS Springfield EMP & TRP
https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/...8#post22678428Comment
-
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,535
Posts: 25,148,762
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,908
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 17644 users online. 90 members and 17554 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.



Comment