Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Springfield 1911 question...

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #31
    vliberatore
    CGN/CGSSA Contributor
    CGN Contributor
    • Dec 2011
    • 10055

    Originally posted by himurax13
    Umm, yes you can.


    There is one dot, you aren't lining it up because there is nothing to line it up with.
    Originally posted by fighterpilot562
    Damn it man! We could have got drunk, called a taxi and drop by Kest house with a mega phone.

    Comment

    • #32
      VictorFranko
      I need a LIFE!!
      • Jan 2010
      • 13737

      Same boat, love shooting my Springfield 1911 Loaded 9MM, but am not real fond of the sights..................

      Comment

      • #33
        elusive916
        Senior Member
        • Dec 2012
        • 535

        Get some Dawson Precision sights. I had a set put on mine and they're great!! Green in the rear and red in the front.

        Comment

        • #34
          97F1504RAD
          Calguns Addict
          • Dec 2008
          • 6319

          Originally posted by elusive916
          Get some Dawson Precision sights. I had a set put on mine and they're great!! Green in the rear and red in the front.
          Where did you have that done?

          Comment

          • #35
            Sigbird
            Senior Member
            • Dec 2013
            • 1237

            Other then the sights, what is the difference between the loaded and the target?
            The Target with adjustable sights is easy to find, but not one loaded for sale anywhere.

            Comment

            • #36
              elusive916
              Senior Member
              • Dec 2012
              • 535

              Originally posted by 97F1504RAD
              Where did you have that done?
              I had a local gun smith put them on here in sacramento, but I don't recommend them (his vise was too tight on my rear serrations and flattened them a bit, the pistol is now at the hands of SA custom shop), so I'm not going to drop their name.

              Comment

              • #37
                elusive916
                Senior Member
                • Dec 2012
                • 535

                Originally posted by Sigbird
                Other then the sights, what is the difference between the loaded and the target?
                The Target with adjustable sights is easy to find, but not one loaded for sale anywhere.


                Its out of stock now, but sign up for the "alert when product is back in stock" they get them in every other day.

                Comment

                • #38
                  97F1504RAD
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Dec 2008
                  • 6319

                  Originally posted by elusive916
                  I had a local gun smith put them on here in sacramento, but I don't recommend them (his vise was too tight on my rear serrations and flattened them a bit, the pistol is now at the hands of SA custom shop), so I'm not going to drop their name.

                  Thanks

                  Comment

                  • #39
                    manini
                    Senior Member
                    • Aug 2013
                    • 790

                    Originally posted by elusive916
                    http://grabagun.com/springfield-9mm-...ts-as-ldd.html

                    Its out of stock now, but sign up for the "alert when product is back in stock" they get them in every other day.
                    In stock this morning at tombstone tactical, sfarmory, impact gund and a few others. Need to be diligent and dogged in your search. Check slickguns.com. also saw it in 4 lgs in the bay area.
                    Last edited by manini; 02-12-2015, 4:41 PM.

                    Comment

                    • #40
                      Sigbird
                      Senior Member
                      • Dec 2013
                      • 1237

                      Those have the adjustable rear sight?

                      Comment

                      • #41
                        Sigbird
                        Senior Member
                        • Dec 2013
                        • 1237

                        Originally posted by HopetonBrown
                        That's what "Target" means, Sig bird.
                        I'm aware. The target is easy to find from several different shops or auctions. The loaded version with the combat sights isn't in stock anywhere and I'm wondering if there is any difference other then the sights? Several people in this thread are talking about the loaded with the combat 3 dot sights, not the Loaded Target. There both on the Ca roster.

                        Comment

                        • #42
                          elusive916
                          Senior Member
                          • Dec 2012
                          • 535

                          The loaded target comes with adjustable sights. But there's no dots. Plain black target sights. I didn't know there was another one with combat sights.

                          Comment

                          • #43
                            himurax13
                            Veteran Member
                            • Aug 2009
                            • 3895

                            Originally posted by Sigbird
                            I'm aware. The target is easy to find from several different shops or auctions. The loaded version with the combat sights isn't in stock anywhere and I'm wondering if there is any difference other then the sights? Several people in this thread are talking about the loaded with the combat 3 dot sights, not the Loaded Target. There both on the Ca roster.
                            Well the loaded with the Novak cut hasn't been made in years. I bought mine around 5 years ago used. The entire slide is different, (serrations, roll stamp) and the fittment to the frame was poorly fitted and was made in Brazil.
                            Originally posted by Bumslie
                            HK - the best 600 dollar gun, 900 dollars can buy.
                            Originally posted by Sleighter
                            Getting legal advice from a gun salesman, is like getting medical advice from a janitor at a hospital. Both make about the same per hour and both prove that being around something all day doesn't make you an expert.

                            Lifetime NRA member.

                            Comment

                            • #44
                              jonzer77
                              • Jul 2010
                              • 8525

                              Originally posted by himurax13
                              Well the loaded with the Novak cut hasn't been made in years. I bought mine around 5 years ago used. The entire slide is different, (serrations, roll stamp) and the fittment to the frame was poorly fitted and was made in Brazil.

                              I picked up a used model for $700 a few years ago because the guy dehorned it himself but never finished it. I went to have my smith bead blast it and that's when I learned Springfield doesn't use all SS parts in their SS guns. The grip safety, thumb safety, barrel bushing, ect., we're all carbon steel parts that were flash chromed so they would turn black once they were bead blasted. I ended up selling it shortly after because like you mentioned, the fit wasn't all that great.


                              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Originally posted by barrage
                              That's because Excelsior threads are like toilet bowls. They're made for crapping in and occasionally pissing on the side of.

                              Comment

                              • #45
                                jonzer77
                                • Jul 2010
                                • 8525

                                Originally posted by HopetonBrown
                                Ed Brown uses carbon steel parts in his SS guns because many believe they're more durable.

                                I can't really argue with Mr Brown lol. I know Wilson combat likes using carbon steel frames and slides because the slide to frame fit stays tighter longer compared to SS.


                                Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                Originally posted by barrage
                                That's because Excelsior threads are like toilet bowls. They're made for crapping in and occasionally pissing on the side of.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1