Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

hi cap (standard) mags.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #31
    gef
    Member
    • Aug 2008
    • 251

    I don't know if this helps but this is from DOJ FAQ website,

    If I have a large-capacity magazine, do I need to get rid of it?

    No. Continued possession of large-capacity magazines (able to accept more than 10 rounds) that you owned in California before January 1, 2000, is not prohibited. However as of January 1, 2000, it is illegal to buy, manufacture, import, keep for sale, expose for sale, give or lend any large-capacity magazine in California except by law enforcement agencies, California peace officers, or licensed dealers.

    (PC Section 12020 (b)(19-29))

    gef

    Comment

    • #32
      RossRinSD
      Senior Member
      • Jan 2007
      • 2371

      Originally posted by richie894
      You are best to go to your local Police Dept to ask about any of these kind of legal questions. If someone gives you bad info on the board and you get caught, you could be facing a felony charge.
      You're not serious are you? Stick around with us for a while. Your views will change...

      Comment

      • #33
        vltnolia
        Junior Member
        • Oct 2008
        • 46

        I thought in the State of California you are allowed of 10 round magazines.
        Looking for my first Handgun Purchase. In the market for a Sig Sauer P226R or P229R 9mm. (Sacramento)

        Comment

        • #34
          40caldeserteagle
          Member
          • Aug 2007
          • 135

          Originally posted by vltnolia
          I thought in the State of California you are allowed of 10 round magazines.
          Que?

          Comment

          • #35
            CSACANNONEER
            CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
            CGN Contributor - Lifetime
            • Dec 2006
            • 44094

            Originally posted by vltnolia
            I thought in the State of California you are allowed of 10 round magazines.

            Use the search function! You might only be able to have 10 round mags but, many of us here have legally owned normal mags.
            NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun and Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor
            California DOJ Certified Fingerprint Roller
            Ventura County approved CCW Instructor
            Utah CCW Instructor


            Offering low cost multi state CCW, private basic shooting and reloading classes for calgunners.

            sigpic
            CCW SAFE MEMBERSHIPS HERE

            KM6WLV

            Comment

            • #36
              BTF/PTM
              Senior Member
              • Jan 2008
              • 612

              Goodness gracious me, is my hair still on fire? I do stand corrected, all, my apologies. Apparently my sources are quite wrong, I had no idea they were so wrong as this! I'll exercise my due diligence to correct my knowledge. Can I borrow a fire extinguisher?
              Originally posted by DocSkinner
              Vote pro 2A, whatever affiliation.
              SO tired of people that seem intelligent and capable of rational thought blowing that image by somehow not thinking and being a blind, party-line voter, and somehow that is good.
              Originally posted by Bizcuits
              Reading an entire thread before posting is like listening to your spouses opinion during an argument. Who the hell would do that..

              Comment

              • #37
                Blue
                Calguns Addict
                • Oct 2005
                • 8071

                Originally posted by BTF/PTM
                Goodness gracious me, is my hair still on fire? I do stand corrected, all, my apologies. Apparently my sources are quite wrong, I had no idea they were so wrong as this! I'll exercise my due diligence to correct my knowledge. Can I borrow a fire extinguisher?
                A high capacity fire extinguisher? I think I might have a preban one here somewhere....
                Lord, make my hand fast and accurate.
                Let my aim be true and my hand faster
                than those who would seek to destroy me.
                Grant me victory over my foes and those who wish to do harm to me and mine.
                Let not my last thought be 'If I only had my gun."
                And Lord, if today is truly the day you call me home, let me die in an empty pile of brass.
                sigpic
                NRA Member

                Comment

                • #38
                  CSACANNONEER
                  CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
                  CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                  • Dec 2006
                  • 44094

                  Originally posted by Blue
                  A high capacity fire extinguisher? I think I might have a preban one here somewhere....
                  Blue,
                  If you loan it to him, you better stay in close proximity of it until he returns it to you.
                  NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun and Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor
                  California DOJ Certified Fingerprint Roller
                  Ventura County approved CCW Instructor
                  Utah CCW Instructor


                  Offering low cost multi state CCW, private basic shooting and reloading classes for calgunners.

                  sigpic
                  CCW SAFE MEMBERSHIPS HERE

                  KM6WLV

                  Comment

                  • #39
                    BTF/PTM
                    Senior Member
                    • Jan 2008
                    • 612

                    Originally posted by CSACANNONEER
                    Blue,
                    If you loan it to him, you better stay in close proximity of it until he returns it to you.
                    easy there, killer, I may have earned the dunce award but I'm no thief
                    Originally posted by DocSkinner
                    Vote pro 2A, whatever affiliation.
                    SO tired of people that seem intelligent and capable of rational thought blowing that image by somehow not thinking and being a blind, party-line voter, and somehow that is good.
                    Originally posted by Bizcuits
                    Reading an entire thread before posting is like listening to your spouses opinion during an argument. Who the hell would do that..

                    Comment

                    • #40
                      JeffM
                      Veteran Member
                      • Sep 2007
                      • 4359

                      Originally posted by BTF/PTM
                      easy there, killer, I may have earned the dunce award but I'm no thief
                      LOL...

                      It's a requirement if someone uses your pre-ban high-cap mags. They can't leave your presence.




                      ETA: I own your page 2.

                      Comment

                      • #41
                        sorensen440
                        Calguns Addict
                        • Mar 2007
                        • 8612

                        Originally posted by JeffM


                        ETA: I own your page 2.
                        Own what now?
                        "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

                        Comment

                        • #42
                          BTF/PTM
                          Senior Member
                          • Jan 2008
                          • 612

                          Originally posted by JeffM
                          LOL...

                          It's a requirement if someone uses your pre-ban high-cap mags. They can't leave your presence.
                          I have a question related to this; Is the private sale of a pre-ban, high-cap magazine legal in the same manner that the private sale of certain pre-ban guns is legal?
                          Originally posted by DocSkinner
                          Vote pro 2A, whatever affiliation.
                          SO tired of people that seem intelligent and capable of rational thought blowing that image by somehow not thinking and being a blind, party-line voter, and somehow that is good.
                          Originally posted by Bizcuits
                          Reading an entire thread before posting is like listening to your spouses opinion during an argument. Who the hell would do that..

                          Comment

                          • #43
                            CSACANNONEER
                            CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
                            CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                            • Dec 2006
                            • 44094

                            Originally posted by BTF/PTM
                            easy there, killer, I may have earned the dunce award but I'm no thief
                            I sure didn't mean to offend you or in anyway imply that you are anything less than a nice, honest person. My comment had NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU! I was refering to Blue's statement regarding his alledged "Hi Cap" Extingisher. I'm sorry if you didn't understand the joke (after all, this is a thread about hi caps) and I'm deeply sorry if I offended you in anyway. Don't know where you live but, I'll invite you to come play with field artillary in Moorpark on the weekend of Nov. 8th & 9th. We can laugh about this while we pass the bottle around the campfire.
                            NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun and Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor
                            California DOJ Certified Fingerprint Roller
                            Ventura County approved CCW Instructor
                            Utah CCW Instructor


                            Offering low cost multi state CCW, private basic shooting and reloading classes for calgunners.

                            sigpic
                            CCW SAFE MEMBERSHIPS HERE

                            KM6WLV

                            Comment

                            • #44
                              BTF/PTM
                              Senior Member
                              • Jan 2008
                              • 612

                              Originally posted by CSACANNONEER
                              I sure didn't mean to offend you or in anyway imply that you are anything less than a nice, honest person. My comment had NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU! I was refering to Blue's statement regarding his alledged "Hi Cap" Extingisher. I'm sorry if you didn't understand the joke (after all, this is a thread about hi caps) and I'm deeply sorry if I offended you in anyway. Don't know where you live but, I'll invite you to come play with field artillary in Moorpark on the weekend of Nov. 8th & 9th. We can laugh about this while we pass the bottle around the campfire.
                              Wow, so all I had to do to be treated nice was whine? No wonder this country has so many democrats, they've found the easy way out. No offense taken, it's only the interweb and you're dead right in that I completely missed the joke. But if I can still come play with artillery, just say when and where and I'll be there.
                              Originally posted by DocSkinner
                              Vote pro 2A, whatever affiliation.
                              SO tired of people that seem intelligent and capable of rational thought blowing that image by somehow not thinking and being a blind, party-line voter, and somehow that is good.
                              Originally posted by Bizcuits
                              Reading an entire thread before posting is like listening to your spouses opinion during an argument. Who the hell would do that..

                              Comment

                              • #45
                                CSACANNONEER
                                CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
                                CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                                • Dec 2006
                                • 44094

                                PM sent
                                NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun and Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor
                                California DOJ Certified Fingerprint Roller
                                Ventura County approved CCW Instructor
                                Utah CCW Instructor


                                Offering low cost multi state CCW, private basic shooting and reloading classes for calgunners.

                                sigpic
                                CCW SAFE MEMBERSHIPS HERE

                                KM6WLV

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1