Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

CZ with reloads?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    Patermagnus
    Member
    • Oct 2011
    • 229

    The only round that my P-01 has had a problem with was Hornady Critical Defense 147grn. I called the folks at CZC and they were aware of the problem. Other than that, I've put just about everything through my CZs and not had a problem.
    NRA Lifetime Member
    Front Sight Lifetime Member/Commander (PM me if you are interested in certificates or membership information that includes Ammo/Firearms purchase upgrades).

    I try to deny myself any illusions or delusions, and I think that this perhaps entitles me to try and deny the same to others, at least as long as they refuse to keep their fantasies to themselves.- Hitch

    Comment

    • #17
      himurax13
      Veteran Member
      • Aug 2009
      • 3895

      Originally posted by cusco19
      i'm not too worried about malfunctions.. but that's definitely good to know after 60K and still rocking.
      That is just for the CZ's for my friends and I. I am not even taking into account the Glocks, 1911's, and Sigs I have loaded for.

      CZ's can run for a while before cleaning is absolutely necessary as long as it is lubed properly.

      Some lead/moly ammo can be too long for the CZ depending on the profile and OAL but most FMJ ammo on the market should work fine.
      Originally posted by Bumslie
      HK - the best 600 dollar gun, 900 dollars can buy.
      Originally posted by Sleighter
      Getting legal advice from a gun salesman, is like getting medical advice from a janitor at a hospital. Both make about the same per hour and both prove that being around something all day doesn't make you an expert.

      Lifetime NRA member.

      Comment

      • #18
        cusco19
        Senior Member
        • Dec 2013
        • 1067

        Originally posted by Patermagnus
        The only round that my P-01 has had a problem with was Hornady Critical Defense 147grn. I called the folks at CZC and they were aware of the problem. Other than that, I've put just about everything through my CZs and not had a problem.
        oh that's interesting to hear. i was going to get some of that for HD use.


        himurax13: well, after every range time, i would sit down and give a good scrub down..
        DIY: 1911 idiot scratch fix

        Comment

        • #19
          himurax13
          Veteran Member
          • Aug 2009
          • 3895

          Originally posted by cusco19
          oh that's interesting to hear. i was going to get some of that for HD use.


          himurax13: well, after every range time, i would sit down and give a good scrub down..
          Well the 147g bullets are probably engaging the rifling to early. A reamer could be used to trim some of the barrel before the rifling to solve this. If done properly, it should allow any kind of ammo that can fit in the magazine to work.

          Unless its full of dirt, or at least 200 rounds was fired, I will hold off on cleaning the gun. If I need to, I will just do a quick blast of brake cleaner and then use a magazine brush.
          Originally posted by Bumslie
          HK - the best 600 dollar gun, 900 dollars can buy.
          Originally posted by Sleighter
          Getting legal advice from a gun salesman, is like getting medical advice from a janitor at a hospital. Both make about the same per hour and both prove that being around something all day doesn't make you an expert.

          Lifetime NRA member.

          Comment

          • #20
            cusco19
            Senior Member
            • Dec 2013
            • 1067

            yea i put 200 rounds through her the day i broke her out of jail.

            brake cleaner huh? for cars?
            DIY: 1911 idiot scratch fix

            Comment

            • #21
              himurax13
              Veteran Member
              • Aug 2009
              • 3895

              Originally posted by cusco19
              yea i put 200 rounds through her the day i broke her out of jail.

              brake cleaner huh? for cars?
              Yes, for cars. If you have aluminum grips then you don't need to remove them. If you have rubber or plastic grips, you do.
              Originally posted by Bumslie
              HK - the best 600 dollar gun, 900 dollars can buy.
              Originally posted by Sleighter
              Getting legal advice from a gun salesman, is like getting medical advice from a janitor at a hospital. Both make about the same per hour and both prove that being around something all day doesn't make you an expert.

              Lifetime NRA member.

              Comment

              • #22
                cusco19
                Senior Member
                • Dec 2013
                • 1067

                didn't know u can use that for pistols. yup, i'll have to remove the rubber grips. learning something new everyday.
                Last edited by cusco19; 12-31-2014, 8:45 AM.
                DIY: 1911 idiot scratch fix

                Comment

                • #23
                  CSACANNONEER
                  CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
                  CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                  • Dec 2006
                  • 44094

                  The fact that ammo is "reloaded" doesn't mean anything. The quality of the ammo can be far better or worse than "new" ammo depending on who reloaded it and the components and powder charge used. Once you start reloading, you can develop a load for your gun that will work far better than any commercially produced new or reloaded ammunition.
                  NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun and Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor
                  California DOJ Certified Fingerprint Roller
                  Ventura County approved CCW Instructor
                  Utah CCW Instructor


                  Offering low cost multi state CCW, private basic shooting and reloading classes for calgunners.

                  sigpic
                  CCW SAFE MEMBERSHIPS HERE

                  KM6WLV

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    himurax13
                    Veteran Member
                    • Aug 2009
                    • 3895

                    Originally posted by cusco19
                    didn't know u can use that for pistols. yup, i'll have to remove the rubber grips. learning something new everyday.
                    I clean my 1911's the same way.

                    You need to be aware that the brake cleaner also removes the lubricants along with all of the dirt and of course you should only use it outside.

                    I wouldn't try it on the Glocks and other tupperware though.
                    Originally posted by Bumslie
                    HK - the best 600 dollar gun, 900 dollars can buy.
                    Originally posted by Sleighter
                    Getting legal advice from a gun salesman, is like getting medical advice from a janitor at a hospital. Both make about the same per hour and both prove that being around something all day doesn't make you an expert.

                    Lifetime NRA member.

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      cusco19
                      Senior Member
                      • Dec 2013
                      • 1067

                      I used some WD40 last night and that cleaned it up quick. I ran out of brake cleaner so figured using WD40 would work as well. Then after that did a thorough lube down with the pro shot kit.
                      DIY: 1911 idiot scratch fix

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        Dattebayo
                        Senior Member
                        • Apr 2013
                        • 2344

                        I personally shoot my own reloads out of my CZ's and they have eaten everything I have shot out of it. Freedom stuff has been decent from my experience and LAX stuff not too bad either, albeit I find their reloads I the hotter spectrum of things.

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          spyde12
                          Senior Member
                          • Jun 2014
                          • 1647

                          Like others mentioned, freedom munitions remanufactured is good to go. I personally used their 124gr and haven't had any issues. BTW, I have a P-01.

                          Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            cusco19
                            Senior Member
                            • Dec 2013
                            • 1067

                            Sweet.. that's really good to know. Need to find some good deals on their 124g..
                            DIY: 1911 idiot scratch fix

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              speedrrracer
                              Veteran Member
                              • Dec 2011
                              • 3355

                              The OAL on Freedom's 147gr is just a bit too long for the tight chamber in my AccuShadow, but I doubt that'll be a problem with the P-01.

                              In terms of reliability, Freedom's stuff has always gone bang for me, but I've only shot a few thousand rounds of their reloads, so small sample size.

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                uhlan1
                                Calguns Addict
                                • Aug 2012
                                • 6217

                                Originally posted by deerdeerdeer
                                You'll be fine, it's a CZ, but it will be really dirty, I will spend at least an hour or two cleaning it thoroughly.
                                Meh, I shoot too much to clean after every outing. Generally clean every 750-1000 rounds and before a match. Occasionally run a bore snake through. They can take it.
                                "Hence it happened that all the armed prophets conquered, all the unarmed perished." - Niccolo Machiavelli

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1