Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

M&P owners with conversion barrels

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    jdmacl
    Senior Member
    • Dec 2009
    • 773

    I have an M&Pc .40, which I've had for about five years. About a year ago I got a .357 Sig barrel for it. It drops in no problem and of course uses the same magazines. It shoots great, and is for all intent and purposes like a factory gun when converted. I reload both calibers, so I shoot one until I'm bored and/or out of ammunition I've loaded that day and then switch barrels.

    Comment

    • #17
      darkjedi351
      Senior Member
      • Feb 2007
      • 940

      Originally posted by dobek
      Paid the big money for the lake storm barrel - got a couple of factory mags

      True Drop In - take gun down, reassemble with 9mm barrel - pop new mag in - shoot

      Nice when taking the wife out - I can switch to 9 for her without buying her a gun (she's a once a year shooter)

      I carry the 9 barrel and mag in my range bag and can change in a matter of minutes.

      Don't over think it - buy one and get shooting. It's like having another gun for the price of a barrel / mag.

      No jams - I think more accurate than factory barrel -

      Steve
      ^^+1
      I've had a storm lake conversion barrel in my fullsize since they were released. no issues at all. I mostly shoot 9mm out of my fs and pro .40 m&p's
      http://m14hdw.proboards.com/index.cgi

      http://www.sageebr.com/

      Comment

      • #18
        gueyestan
        Junior Member
        • Dec 2014
        • 3

        I thought they no longer sell factory 9mm barrels
        oh..coo cars!!

        Comment

        • #19
          TomReloaded
          Senior Member
          • Nov 2013
          • 1637

          All the m&ps except shields and 45s are basically the same gun, so the conversions run just like factory guns.

          I have a 5 inch ported lone wolf in my m&p .40. Runs great, but id suggest skipping ported barrels. It doesnt seem to help.

          Comment

          • #20
            fmunk
            Veteran Member
            • Apr 2011
            • 3896

            Originally posted by gueyestan
            I thought they no longer sell factory 9mm barrels
            Go back and read post #5.


            FS: Atlas Bipod, Custom G23 RMR slide, ETS mags, Jagerwerks, Recover G26/27, CZ Scorpion bits, etc.

            Comment

            • #21
              fmunk
              Veteran Member
              • Apr 2011
              • 3896

              Originally posted by TomReloaded
              All the m&ps except shields and 45s are basically the same gun, so the conversions run just like factory guns.

              I have a 5 inch ported lone wolf in my m&p .40. Runs great, but id suggest skipping ported barrels. It doesnt seem to help.

              They run, but the barrels are not the same. Different tolerances and different twist rates. See article I linked in post #13.


              FS: Atlas Bipod, Custom G23 RMR slide, ETS mags, Jagerwerks, Recover G26/27, CZ Scorpion bits, etc.

              Comment

              • #22
                TomReloaded
                Senior Member
                • Nov 2013
                • 1637

                The slides arent the same either. The guns basically are otherwise. Same parts on them.

                The barrels are close enough to drop in and run like factory. This has been proven. Same ejectors and springs and triggers. Theyre more swappable than most pistols.

                Just saying you can run conversion barrels with the confidence of a factory gun.

                Comment

                • #23
                  peter209
                  Member
                  • Sep 2013
                  • 223

                  Has anyone noticed any issues down the road? Maybe past a year of constant use with a conversion barrel.

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    fmunk
                    Veteran Member
                    • Apr 2011
                    • 3896

                    Originally posted by peter209
                    Has anyone noticed any issues down the road? Maybe past a year of constant use with a conversion barrel.
                    Google. No issues.


                    FS: Atlas Bipod, Custom G23 RMR slide, ETS mags, Jagerwerks, Recover G26/27, CZ Scorpion bits, etc.

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      TomReloaded
                      Senior Member
                      • Nov 2013
                      • 1637

                      It runs exactly like factory. Factory 40 and 9 parts are the same. It works exactly as designed with factory parts. Same as buying a m&p 9.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      UA-8071174-1