Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Is this a good trade?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Triton8260
    Banned
    • Nov 2014
    • 156

    Is this a good trade?

    Wanted some advice to see if Im getting a fair deal. I have a RIA 1911 government length 9mm. It was an SSE gun. And guy is offering to trade is S&W bodyguard snubby that is NIB. Is this a fair trade? Both guns are roughly $500 from what i can tell. Thanks.
  • #2
    96snake
    Banned
    • Sep 2014
    • 279

    I wouldn't unless you really want that bodyguard. Show us some pics that will help. Also if it's the tactical model then heck no

    Comment

    • #3
      morrcarr67
      I need a LIFE!!
      • Jul 2010
      • 15053

      I wouldn't.

      RIA 9mm is off roster.

      Smith & Wesson BG 38 Special is on the roster; or at least was.

      With the SSE going away you will have a hard time getting another 1911 in 9mm.

      Sent from my DROID RAZR HD
      Yes you can have 2 C&R 03 FFL's; 1 in California and 1 in a different state.

      Originally posted by Erion929

      Comment

      • #4
        Triton8260
        Banned
        • Nov 2014
        • 156

        this is my gun. I paid about $565 for it.

        Comment

        • #5
          himurax13
          Veteran Member
          • Aug 2009
          • 3895

          Originally posted by Triton8260
          Wanted some advice to see if Im getting a fair deal. I have a RIA 1911 government length 9mm. It was an SSE gun. And guy is offering to trade is S&W bodyguard snubby that is NIB. Is this a fair trade? Both guns are roughly $500 from what i can tell. Thanks.
          I would rather just give you $500 for your RIA 9mm so you can get something you really want.
          Originally posted by Bumslie
          HK - the best 600 dollar gun, 900 dollars can buy.
          Originally posted by Sleighter
          Getting legal advice from a gun salesman, is like getting medical advice from a janitor at a hospital. Both make about the same per hour and both prove that being around something all day doesn't make you an expert.

          Lifetime NRA member.

          Comment

          • #6
            Triton8260
            Banned
            • Nov 2014
            • 156

            Originally posted by himurax13
            I would rather just give you $500 for your RIA 9mm so you can get something you really want.
            Been infatuated with a snubby as of late. Thats why im rly contemplating this trade.

            Comment

            • #7
              96snake
              Banned
              • Sep 2014
              • 279

              I say no after seeing the picture and there are much better snubbies out there than those. If you can't really go over $500 I would recommend the smith 642 or 442 depending on your choice of finish.

              Comment

              • #8
                himurax13
                Veteran Member
                • Aug 2009
                • 3895

                Originally posted by Triton8260
                Been infatuated with a snubby as of late. Thats why im rly contemplating this trade.
                Well, if that is what you want, then doo it.

                If you are having second thoughts, perhaps it is better to stay with what you have.
                Originally posted by Bumslie
                HK - the best 600 dollar gun, 900 dollars can buy.
                Originally posted by Sleighter
                Getting legal advice from a gun salesman, is like getting medical advice from a janitor at a hospital. Both make about the same per hour and both prove that being around something all day doesn't make you an expert.

                Lifetime NRA member.

                Comment

                • #9
                  bakelite
                  Junior Member
                  • Aug 2014
                  • 83

                  Keep the 1911

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    ralph.garmin
                    Banned
                    • Mar 2014
                    • 319

                    ***
                    Last edited by ralph.garmin; 12-03-2014, 4:49 PM.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      claylakers
                      Veteran Member
                      • Jun 2012
                      • 2807

                      I tend to agree with the others, the 1911 will be much more difficult to replace down the road, so unless you're REALLY hot for the revolver I'd hold off

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        rm1911
                        Veteran Member
                        • Jan 2013
                        • 4073

                        price means nothing. value is subjective and based solely on the utility of the item in question. even if the market prices are similar means not a thing as far as the relative value of item A to item B. and it is different for every transaction. a snubby 38 is entirely different from a full sized 1911, 9 or 45. both are very useful and each has their merits. alot easier to conceal a snubby 38 for ccw.

                        dollar for dollar you'd probably be able to trade it for a nice bolt action 30-06 with a scope. but do you need a bolt '06? well, if you don't, then even if the "market price" of the rifle was $200 more, to you it is worth far less.

                        all depends on need. if you need the revolver, then do it. if you don't, then it's not a good deal. besides, 1911's in 9mm are awesome. I've got one already, another in jail. you'll miss that gun the moment you sell it.
                        NRA Life Member since 1990

                        They're not liberals, they're leftists. Please don't use the former for the latter. Liberals are Locke, Jefferson, Burke, Hayek. Leftists are progressives, Prussian state-socialists, fascists. Liberals stand against the state and unequivocally support liberty. Leftists support state tyranny.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Triton8260
                          Banned
                          • Nov 2014
                          • 156

                          Originally posted by rm1911
                          price means nothing. value is subjective and based solely on the utility of the item in question. even if the market prices are similar means not a thing as far as the relative value of item A to item B. and it is different for every transaction. a snubby 38 is entirely different from a full sized 1911, 9 or 45. both are very useful and each has their merits. alot easier to conceal a snubby 38 for ccw.

                          dollar for dollar you'd probably be able to trade it for a nice bolt action 30-06 with a scope. but do you need a bolt '06? well, if you don't, then even if the "market price" of the rifle was $200 more, to you it is worth far less.

                          all depends on need. if you need the revolver, then do it. if you don't, then it's not a good deal. besides, 1911's in 9mm are awesome. I've got one already, another in jail. you'll miss that gun the moment you sell it.
                          Yeah the thing is that my other handgun is a g26 so i feel its redundant. I like the 1911 but I dont absolutely love it. I want a revolver but at the same time I feel like im getting the shorter end of the stick.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            jdben92883
                            Veteran Member
                            • Dec 2012
                            • 3635

                            It's a great trade...for the other guy.
                            NRA Benefactor Member

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              himurax13
                              Veteran Member
                              • Aug 2009
                              • 3895

                              Originally posted by Triton8260
                              Yeah the thing is that my other handgun is a g26 so i feel its redundant. I like the 1911 but I dont absolutely love it. I want a revolver but at the same time I feel like im getting the shorter end of the stick.
                              and there are the second thoughts.

                              I think you know what is right.
                              Originally posted by Bumslie
                              HK - the best 600 dollar gun, 900 dollars can buy.
                              Originally posted by Sleighter
                              Getting legal advice from a gun salesman, is like getting medical advice from a janitor at a hospital. Both make about the same per hour and both prove that being around something all day doesn't make you an expert.

                              Lifetime NRA member.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1