Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

cz75b 9mm & .40 mags interchangability?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    pardonmynoob
    Junior Member
    • Jul 2014
    • 23

    Breaking laws is not what I'm looking to do. Just access to buy a decently price legal magazine.

    Thanks for the links and advice guys. I am on the Greg cote notification for proper mags, but have a 40 10rd in the mail anyway purchased based upon info in old threads. Guess I'll see what happens.
    "There is no instance of a country having benefitted from prolonged warfare. It is only one who is thoroughly acquainted with the evils of war that can thoroughly understand the profitable way of carrying it on."

    Comment

    • #17
      pardonmynoob
      Junior Member
      • Jul 2014
      • 23

      Originally posted by someoneeasy
      The ones for the small frame witness will fit, $25 from midway

      http://www.midwayusa.com/product/302...ProductFinding
      Thanks for this, after searching around it looks like this is confirmed.
      "There is no instance of a country having benefitted from prolonged warfare. It is only one who is thoroughly acquainted with the evils of war that can thoroughly understand the profitable way of carrying it on."

      Comment

      • #18
        someoneeasy
        Senior Member
        • Feb 2011
        • 2372

        Originally posted by pardonmynoob
        Thanks for this, after searching around it looks like this is confirmed.
        I have both guns, cz75b and the small frame witness, I run the mags in both guns and haven't had any problems

        Comment

        • #19
          CAGLS
          Veteran Member
          • Feb 2012
          • 3709

          Librarian has commented on using .40sw 10rd magazines that can also feed 9mm in the magazine sticky post #4: Magazines: all the answers you need

          It's perfectly legal to own or use since it complies with the 10rd capacity for the caliber it was made for, but would make sense in owning a 40sw caliber gun that can use these magazines. Otherwise how can you explain why you have them or maybe you just shut up and don't talk to LE other than that you own them.
          Last edited by CAGLS; 11-21-2014, 11:30 AM.

          Comment

          • #20
            daybreak
            Senior Member
            • Dec 2010
            • 1735

            I think the inside scoop from Stuart from czcustom is that they run just fine (the mecgar blue follower ones). I think I may have read that they are identical to the 9mm mags besides the mag body markings. Same feed lips and follower I heard.

            This is not based on my own personal comparison. I'm just regurgitating something I THINK i read.

            my YouTube shooting channel

            Comment

            • #21
              003
              Veteran Member
              • Jul 2010
              • 3436

              Not a good idea.

              Substantially different specifications on the feed lips on a 9mm magazine compared to a .40 cal magazine. They are NOT interchangeable. The 9mm bullet is .355. The .40 is a true 40 caliber. While you may be able to get away with it once in a while it is definitely not a good idea.

              The allowable dimensions are:

              9mm .325 to .335
              .40 .360 to .370

              Comment

              • #22
                Mauserguy
                Senior Member
                • Feb 2014
                • 515

                The older mags would work 90% of the time, but 10% of the time they will stove pipe. I think it's because the feed lips are wider on the 40 so the rounds tend to flip up. Basically, you could do it for training purposes but don't rely on them. Personally, I wouldn't want to explain to a cop how I got those extra rounds in there. It's not a good idea to go there. Just get the proper 9MM mags and call it a day.
                Mauserguy

                Comment

                • #23
                  Click Boom
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Nov 2013
                  • 6955

                  Originally posted by dyson
                  just buy another 9 mm CZ, you'll get two more mags
                  Ding ding!

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    Click Boom
                    Calguns Addict
                    • Nov 2013
                    • 6955

                    Originally posted by RR.44
                    That is a practice I would not get used to, if you are found with a higher capacity magazine things can go bad for you in a hurry
                    Some of us have legal preban mags and do not condone illegal behavior. They should just do away with the 10 round limit, it's not saving any childruhn.

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      bsumoba
                      Veteran Member
                      • Sep 2012
                      • 4217

                      Originally posted by daybreak
                      I think the inside scoop from Stuart from czcustom is that they run just fine (the mecgar blue follower ones). I think I may have read that they are identical to the 9mm mags besides the mag body markings. Same feed lips and follower I heard.

                      This is not based on my own personal comparison. I'm just regurgitating something I THINK i read.
                      the 40 cal blue follower mecgar anti-friction finish and 9mm stamped ones work just fine in my SP-01 and P-01. The ones I had were the same dimension in every way when i did this a couple years ago.

                      Originally posted by 003
                      Not a good idea.

                      Substantially different specifications on the feed lips on a 9mm magazine compared to a .40 cal magazine. They are NOT interchangeable. The 9mm bullet is .355. The .40 is a true 40 caliber. While you may be able to get away with it once in a while it is definitely not a good idea.

                      The allowable dimensions are:

                      9mm .325 to .335
                      .40 .360 to .370
                      Originally posted by uhlan1
                      No, .40 will not work properly in a 9mm.
                      ask me how I know.
                      from my personal experience, the mecgar CZ 40 cal and 9mm mags are identical and have had no issues with them. no stovepipes either. dont know about the 40 cal oem versions.

                      Visit- www.barrelcool.com
                      The Original Chamber Flag and Barrel Cooler in 1
                      Instagram: barrelcool_

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        pardonmynoob
                        Junior Member
                        • Jul 2014
                        • 23

                        Got the .40 mec gar mag and took some comparison shots, pardon the potato shots.
                        Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users.


                        Cycling seems fine so far. Will get to try it out next weekend...
                        "There is no instance of a country having benefitted from prolonged warfare. It is only one who is thoroughly acquainted with the evils of war that can thoroughly understand the profitable way of carrying it on."

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          himurax13
                          Veteran Member
                          • Aug 2009
                          • 3895

                          Originally posted by bsumoba
                          the 40 cal blue follower mecgar anti-friction finish and 9mm stamped ones work just fine in my SP-01 and P-01. The ones I had were the same dimension in every way when i did this a couple years ago.





                          from my personal experience, the mecgar CZ 40 cal and 9mm mags are identical and have had no issues with them. no stovepipes either. dont know about the 40 cal oem versions.

                          So the 9mm and .40 Mecgar AFC mags are basically the same? Hmm, I should go test this theory out.
                          Originally posted by Bumslie
                          HK - the best 600 dollar gun, 900 dollars can buy.
                          Originally posted by Sleighter
                          Getting legal advice from a gun salesman, is like getting medical advice from a janitor at a hospital. Both make about the same per hour and both prove that being around something all day doesn't make you an expert.

                          Lifetime NRA member.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          UA-8071174-1