Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Turkish or Israeli

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Ragnarok043
    Junior Member
    • Sep 2013
    • 89

    Turkish or Israeli

    Ok my plan for my last 3 sse was to get a 10mm, compact 9mm and a full sized 9mm. For the 10mm I went with a tanfoglio witness stock 2(currently jailed) and for the compact it's going to be a m&p shield, that leaves the full size 9mm. I was seriously looking at the canik/tristar t120, easy on the wallet and so far I've only read good review about them. Now I maybe considering the one it was based on, the jericho/ baby eagle since my lgs may be able acquire one. I've thought about maybe including the Cz 75 sp01 but that's on roster, to throw another wrench I've seen some walther ppq at a few of my lgs. My original criteria was all metal but let's see if I can be swayed. Fyi my current line includes XD9 4", Ruger MK III, HK45, S&W 1911 Tanfoglio Stock 2
  • #2
    C&Rcollector
    Senior Member
    • Jul 2012
    • 834

    The Stock II is one of the most amazing guns I've ever put my hands on. I have one in 9mm.

    It makes my Springfield Custom look bad.

    Comment

    • #3
      Ragnarok043
      Junior Member
      • Sep 2013
      • 89

      Yes it will be the only exotic itallian I'll ever own

      Comment

      • #4
        someoneeasy
        Senior Member
        • Feb 2011
        • 2372

        Easy on the wallet? How about the witness polymer in 9mm? All for the low low price of $310

        I just dros'd mine on monday, here's a picture from google.



        Comment

        • #5
          morrcarr67
          I need a LIFE!!
          • Jul 2010
          • 15053

          Originally posted by someoneeasy
          Easy on the wallet? How about the witness polymer in 9mm? All for the low low price of $310

          I just dros'd mine on monday, here's a picture from google.



          Was that the cost of the gun before fees?

          Because you canget the SAR B6 for about $270 before fees.

          Last edited by morrcarr67; 10-18-2014, 6:04 AM.
          Yes you can have 2 C&R 03 FFL's; 1 in California and 1 in a different state.

          Originally posted by Erion929

          Comment

          • #6
            someoneeasy
            Senior Member
            • Feb 2011
            • 2372

            Originally posted by morrcarr67
            Was that the cost of the gun before fees?

            Because you canget the SAR B6 for about $270 before fees.
            It's $310 before tax and dros for both the 9mm and 40s&w version

            Comment

            • #7
              Ragnarok043
              Junior Member
              • Sep 2013
              • 89

              Honestly my budget isn't that strict but I would like to save a little for some rifles I'd like to get if I can

              Comment

              • #8
                5ZS
                Senior Member
                • Mar 2014
                • 1047

                I am pretty sure you can convert your Tanfoglio to 9mm, so you can skip the CZ 9's for now or never.

                How about a 1911-9mm?
                The Duty One Lt is pretty packed with features for the price. http://www.stiguns.com/duty-one-lt-5-0/
                Dan Wesson PM9 has a good following, wish I can find one when I have a budget.

                Like my PPQ 4" so much, getting the 5" as well.

                Comment

                • #9
                  penguinofsleep
                  Senior Member
                  • Jan 2012
                  • 2070

                  if i had to pick, it'd be a canik.

                  i haven't heard much about the caniks other than several very short blurbs saying yes, they are good but (minor caveat or complaints here).

                  as for the baby eagles, i've heard some bad things about them and nothing saying they were particularly outstanding vs another CZ clone BUT sample size was much smaller, maybe around 5-8. 1 of which included a guy saying he took 2 baby eagles, still fairly new, to a training class and both went down beyond repair (forget why) within 2 days before his class ended. also, at that price point, i'd much rather just spend the extra $50-100 and get a base or used cz75 vs with a canik, it's cheap enough that i'd find the cost savings to be worth it.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Ragnarok043
                    Junior Member
                    • Sep 2013
                    • 89

                    Originally posted by 5ZS
                    I am pretty sure you can convert your Tanfoglio to 9mm, so you can skip the CZ 9's for now or never.

                    How about a 1911-9mm?
                    The Duty One Lt is pretty packed with features for the price. http://www.stiguns.com/duty-one-lt-5-0/
                    Dan Wesson PM9 has a good following, wish I can find one when I have a budget.

                    Like my PPQ 4" so much, getting the 5" as well.
                    i havent gave much thought about a 1911 in 9mm but would like to own a Dan Wesson of some sort. yes there are conversion kits available for the tanfoglio but id much rather have a dedicated platform instead. though you do have point in that i have a future option of still getting a 9mm on the CZ platform,so chalk 1 up for the PPQ.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Ragnarok043
                      Junior Member
                      • Sep 2013
                      • 89

                      Originally posted by penguinofsleep
                      if i had to pick, it'd be a canik.

                      i haven't heard much about the caniks other than several very short blurbs saying yes, they are good but (minor caveat or complaints here).

                      as for the baby eagles, i've heard some bad things about them and nothing saying they were particularly outstanding vs another CZ clone BUT sample size was much smaller, maybe around 5-8. 1 of which included a guy saying he took 2 baby eagles, still fairly new, to a training class and both went down beyond repair (forget why) within 2 days before his class ended. also, at that price point, i'd much rather just spend the extra $50-100 and get a base or used cz75 vs with a canik, it's cheap enough that i'd find the cost savings to be worth it.
                      yeah im trying to figure out the benefit of the extra cost for the baby eagle. the simple smooth design is very aesthetically pleasing and it does have the pedigree. things im not keen on is the name "baby" eagle, to me it some what diminishes the pedigree of the jericho though im just knit picking. im also not a fan of the slide mounted safety, id prefer it to be frame mounted. maybe theres more to the baby eagle im missing but most of the reviews ive read talks about the history but id like to know more about actually owning one. havent heard any thing specifically phenomenal about the baby eagle. it also looks like cajun gun works have upgrade parts available for the canik as well.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        gixer1k
                        Member
                        • Feb 2012
                        • 207

                        I have the all steel "baby eagle" in 9mm and love it. The marking is actually Desert Eagle Pistol, not baby eagle. Its a great shooter and very comfortable grip.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          enegue
                          Senior Member
                          • Apr 2006
                          • 863

                          I have a "Desert Eagle Pistol"/ Baby Eagle as well. I don't really care what the name is. I compared side-by-side with a CZ75B and I like both but the Eagle felt better to me in every way. The trigger is incredibly smooth and crisp along with the action. Recoil and action feels like butter and friends who have shot it were very surprised and impressed. Follow-up shots are a breeze. Looks great and shoots better. It's definitely one of my favorites. That's my personal experience, everyone's different.

                          I would buy the Eagle every time because I like adding to the Israeli collection (Tavor with mepro, Desert Eagle .50AE).

                          I will say that if you're looking to use the baby eagle as a dedicated CCW gun or for serious self defense, make sure that you're okay with the slide mounted safety. I personally don't care because it's a range gun for me and is insanely fun to shoot.

                          No experience with the canik/tristar t120 or any other Turkish firearms (except a Mauser). I like experience and a track-record, not sure they have that yet. Could be good, I don't know. The frame mounted safety like most CZs is a good feature. The Canik is not for me, but it may be for you. Who knows.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            Varg Vikernes
                            Veteran Member
                            • Jan 2012
                            • 2831

                            The Tristar/Canik will have a better aftermarket. Cajun Gun Works makes parts for it.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            UA-8071174-1