Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

delete

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    Treb5
    Vietnam Vet
    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
    • Jun 2007
    • 860

    My vote goes to the Wesson.
    sigpic
    NRA Benefactor Life Member

    Comment

    • #17
      mulyhuntr
      Senior Member
      • Jun 2013
      • 786

      Originally posted by Dinosaur Jr
      Just something to think about...

      Walther has been contributing to pistol design for about 100 years.

      HK was founded in 1948.

      Not disparaging HK by any means, but Walther did have about a 66yr head start.
      You mean 34 year head start?

      Comment

      • #18
        Mr. Patis
        Senior Member
        • Aug 2012
        • 1297

        get all of them

        Comment

        • #19
          HKRick
          Senior Member
          • Aug 2011
          • 720

          If you have the money now, get the VBOB. If you have to save up and get it later I wouldn't risk missing the SSE deadline, remember many SSE dealers are not dros'ing all of December and some have waits for barrels.

          Not knocking the VP9, I have one and love it. It's a great gun. I just think a TON of people bought into the hype and will try and off load them in the new year. I think the most common trade request will be for the Walther PPQ. If you don't get the VBOB, get the Walther because I believe the market will not be as saturated with the PPQ as with the VP9's. Just my opinion though.

          Comment

          • #20
            saudadeii
            CGN/CGSSA Contributor
            CGN Contributor
            • Dec 2012
            • 3468

            VBOB! They'll be plenty of VP9s and PPQs in the marketplace next year.

            (Not mine though)
            My Marketplace Feedback: https://www.calguns.net/forum/market...k#post54003245

            Comment

            • #21
              Mr. Patis
              Senior Member
              • Aug 2012
              • 1297

              Originally posted by HKRick
              If you have the money now, get the VBOB. If you have to save up and get it later I wouldn't risk missing the SSE deadline, remember many SSE dealers are not dros'ing all of December and some have waits for barrels.

              Not knocking the VP9, I have one and love it. It's a great gun. I just think a TON of people bought into the hype and will try and off load them in the new year. I think the most common trade request will be for the Walther PPQ. If you don't get the VBOB, get the Walther because I believe the market will not be as saturated with the PPQ as with the VP9's. Just my opinion though.
              I have a VP9, PPQ 4", and Dan Wesson Valor(Duty Black) and Heritage...I dont think I will ever get rid of those guns...i would get rid of all my glocks and SA 1911..or even my Colt XSE i would get rid of before my VP9 or PPQ

              Comment

              • #22
                static2126
                Calguns Addict
                • Mar 2013
                • 5619

                Originally posted by Mr. Patis
                I have a VP9, PPQ 4", and Dan Wesson Valor(Duty Black) and Heritage...I dont think I will ever get rid of those guns...i would get rid of all my glocks and SA 1911..or even my Colt XSE i would get rid of before my VP9 or PPQ
                Preach on...ahha

                Comment

                • #23
                  HKRick
                  Senior Member
                  • Aug 2011
                  • 720

                  Originally posted by Mr. Patis
                  I have a VP9, PPQ 4", and Dan Wesson Valor(Duty Black) and Heritage...I dont think I will ever get rid of those guns...i would get rid of all my glocks and SA 1911..or even my Colt XSE i would get rid of before my VP9 or PPQ
                  Which one do you like the best?

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    toadyy
                    Junior Member
                    • Aug 2011
                    • 30

                    Originally posted by Dinosaur Jr
                    Just something to think about...

                    Walther has been contributing to pistol design for about 100 years.

                    HK was founded in 1948.

                    Not disparaging HK by any means, but Walther did have about a 66yr head start.
                    Walther has been making firearms since 1886.

                    Discover Walther Arms' legendary pistols like the iconic PPK and the innovative PDP series. Engineered for unmatched reliability, ergonomics, and performance. Walther Arms delivers precision-crafted handguns blending timeless design with cutting-edge tech. Explore today.


                    Get the PPQ 5"
                    Deadpool: Daddy needs to express some rage.
                    [starts firing his guns]

                    Deadpool: Okay guys, I only have twelve bullets, so you're all going to have to share!

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      penguinofsleep
                      Senior Member
                      • Jan 2012
                      • 2070

                      don't buy any so there are more for me

                      in all seriousness, i vote ppq or vp9 if you need it for HD. as much as i like the 1911 (more than poly guns, including the ppq which is my favorite poly gun), from a practicality standpoint and if you look at what all the instructors and schools use and teach with now, i'm going to have to say poly pistol for HD. it seems like even many of the hard core 1911 guys are now a 1911 and/or [pick gun here]. granted, they may still use 1911 for competition or whatnot, but a paper/steel target isn't going to kill you anytime soon either.

                      now if you just want a gun b/c you want it, then i vote vbob too. b/c i like 1911s. and i like DW.

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        Lead Waster
                        I need a LIFE!!
                        • Sep 2010
                        • 16650

                        1911s ... ho hum. Everyone and there mother has ine and/or makes one. You can get a 1911 after sse ends.
                        ==================

                        sigpic


                        Remember to dial 1 before 911.

                        Forget about stopping power. If you can't hit it, you can't stop it.

                        There. Are. Four. Lights!

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          Justintoxicated
                          Veteran Member
                          • Mar 2009
                          • 3836

                          Get whatever you want.

                          PPQ or VP9 are about equal I guess, I think the quality is slight better on the VP9 but they are both good quality guns. Trigger is lighter and nicer breaking when dry firing the PPQ, I bet double taps are easier as well, but the VP9's trigger does smooth out a bit (mine was a tad gritty out of the box) PPQ has shorter reset and seems slightly lighter or slightly better break, VP9 is supposed to have less muzzel flip, comes with metal glow in the dark / or night sights depending on model and metal recoil spring rod vs walthers plastic sights and rod. Ergos good on both, the VP9s are slightly more configurable but not necessarily better, I think I might have liked the PPQ's grips better in my hand. Everything is easy to reach from either weapon in the hand, the lever for mag release and slide release I believe are shorter on the VP9 which I like better (they are shorter but in places exactly where you want them and expect them to be). I like the plastic ears for gripping the slide as well on the VP9. Either gun is a an excellent purchase.

                          Get whichever one you can and don't look back, or get them both since you were going to buy a VBOB anyways

                          I would bet the VBOB is the nicest shooter though, probably has a better trigger than either plastic pistol as well.
                          Last edited by Justintoxicated; 09-20-2014, 1:29 AM.

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            tlor
                            Senior Member
                            • Oct 2011
                            • 866

                            Vbob all the way. My lgs quote the black one for 1,900.00. Still looking for a better price around 1,750.00. If anyone know any lgs around Sacramento sell for $1750.00 please let me know.

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              ruddogg
                              Veteran Member
                              • Apr 2010
                              • 2581

                              Is it my fault for putting the vbob on ur radar? my bad

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                MrExel17
                                CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                                CGN Contributor
                                • Feb 2011
                                • 9170

                                I know I'm beating a dead horse here...+1 for VP9
                                "Professionals practice to get it right, Operators practise to get it wrong."

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1