Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

delete

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #31
    Baer1911
    Senior Member
    • May 2011
    • 809

    Start your Dros on Sep 21

    Sep 21, VP9
    Oct 21, PPQ
    Nov 20, VBOB

    Problem solved
    Stuff I got for sale:
    +++ Dan Wesson DWX, Glock 47 MOS, Walther PPK Stainless Steel, Canik Rival Dark Side, Canik Mete SF, FN 509 LS EDGE OR, Springfield SA35 Hi Power, HK VP Match OR, Beretta 92XI SAO, Beretta APX A1 and more



    Comment

    • #32
      mievil
      Senior Member
      • Jul 2008
      • 1788

      VBOB feels like it was forged from God's hammer to fit my hand. PPQ feels like it was poured from God's plastic pot.....to fit my hand. If I had the money, I'd get the Wesson. I love my PPQ, but I really do think the 5" is unnecessary, and pretty durned ugly compared to the 4". And I am interested in the VP9, but the guys are right. There will be a shart ton on secondary next year. That is seemingly the most singularly purchased for profit weapon on the market right now. Just look at how many people are saying they bought multiples in any thread pertaining to it.

      Comment

      • #33
        RotaryRevn
        Senior Member
        • Jul 2012
        • 1079

        Originally posted by mievil
        but I really do think the 5" is unnecessary, and pretty durned ugly compared to the 4".
        +1, that 5" is one ugly beast IMO.

        Comment

        • #34
          dpop24
          Senior Member
          • Feb 2012
          • 1117

          VBOB all day, every day and twice on Sunday!

          Comment

          • #35
            manini
            Senior Member
            • Aug 2013
            • 790

            Love my 4" PPQ/ I also think the 5" PPQ is ugly. Looks like they added an extra inch as an afterthought.

            Comment

            • #36
              billybob_jcv
              Senior Member
              • Jul 2011
              • 1507

              This is a first world problem if there ever was one...
              He who exercises no forethought but makes light of his opponents is sure to be captured by them.
              -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

              I say thank God for government waste. If government is doing bad things, it's only the waste that prevents the harm from being greater.
              -Milton Friedman

              What kind of government do you guys got here? This is worse than California.
              -Woody Allen, Sleepers

              Comment

              • #37
                mievil
                Senior Member
                • Jul 2008
                • 1788

                Originally posted by manini
                Love my 4" PPQ/ I also think the 5" PPQ is ugly. Looks like they added an extra inch as an afterthought.
                Exactly. 4" looks perfect. M&P pro 5 looks perfect. PPQ 5 looks like a kluge.

                Comment

                • #38
                  Junbuster
                  Senior Member
                  • Dec 2012
                  • 668

                  I say VP9....i wouldnt bank on the secondary market....if u were to buy one through ppt after 2015 expect to pay $1000+....the pistol itself is awesome in its own right and shouldnt be viewed as just something to "flip"......the ppq is equally as nice but seems like a trade off between a nice trigger (subjectively too light) and muzzle flip....the vp9 from what ive read is a very complete and well rounded pistol with no apparent weaknesses.....vbob....shhhiiiii.....its hard for me to justify spending $1600 on a 1911
                  Last edited by Junbuster; 09-21-2014, 8:29 PM.

                  Comment

                  • #39
                    uhlan1
                    Calguns Addict
                    • Aug 2012
                    • 6217

                    Originally posted by mievil
                    Exactly. 4" looks perfect. M&P pro 5 looks perfect. PPQ 5 looks like a kluge.
                    Have you shot one? I find it a tad more accurate than my M1 4". I've shot the VP9, nice gun, but I like my Walthers better. Ergo's a little better, trigger better.
                    I think there's a little herd mentality going on with the HK.

                    Don't really care how pretty or cool a gun is. Can't really see it when I'm shooting it anyway, and that's what they're for, shooting.
                    "Hence it happened that all the armed prophets conquered, all the unarmed perished." - Niccolo Machiavelli

                    Comment

                    • #40
                      uhlan1
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Aug 2012
                      • 6217

                      Originally posted by Junbuster
                      I say VP9....i wouldnt bank on the secondary market....if u were to buy one through ppt after 2015 expect to pay $1000+....the pistol itself is awesome in its own right and shouldnt be viewed as just something to "flip"......the ppq is equally as nice but seems like a trade off between a nice trigger (subjectively too light) and muzzle flip....the vp9 from what ive read is a very complete and well rounded pistol with no apparent weaknesses.....vbob....shhhiiiii.....its hard for me to justify spending $1600 on a 1911

                      I dunno. I get the sense here that many are buying VP9's to flip after January and people are buying Walther's to shoot. I think PPQ's will be in higher demand and the secondary market flooded with VP9's and Glock Gen 4's.
                      I'm a pessimist, but I also think there will be a ruling on Pena in the next 6 months and I think there are fair odds the entire Roster is going to get its butt kicked to the curb and SSE flippers are going to be left holding an empty bag.
                      "Hence it happened that all the armed prophets conquered, all the unarmed perished." - Niccolo Machiavelli

                      Comment

                      • #41
                        Junbuster
                        Senior Member
                        • Dec 2012
                        • 668

                        Originally posted by uhlan1
                        I dunno. I get the sense here that many are buying VP9's to flip after January and people are buying Walther's to shoot. I think PPQ's will be in higher demand and the secondary market flooded with VP9's and Glock Gen 4's.
                        I'm a pessimist, but I also think there will be a ruling on Pena in the next 6 months and I think there are fair odds the entire Roster is going to get its butt kicked to the curb and SSE flippers are going to be left holding an empty bag.
                        Man i hope so......that way we can get vp9s from the flippers at less than street price like what happened to ar15s after the "panic" haha

                        Comment

                        • #42
                          RT13
                          Senior Member
                          • May 2006
                          • 1407

                          Reviews on the VP9 have been mixed. It's a great gun but some are calling it the striker fired economical version of the P30. It's nice but not as refined as the P30. On the other hand, the PPQ has received very favorable remarks. I personally prefer Hk over Walther, but between the two, I'd probably go with the PPQ.

                          Comment

                          • #43
                            optimus-primer
                            Senior Member
                            • Mar 2007
                            • 613

                            Originally posted by toadyy
                            Walther has been making firearms since 1886.

                            Discover Walther Arms' legendary pistols like the iconic PPK and the innovative PDP series. Engineered for unmatched reliability, ergonomics, and performance. Walther Arms delivers precision-crafted handguns blending timeless design with cutting-edge tech. Explore today.


                            Get the PPQ 5"

                            Spitting hairs here but according to the link posted, the corner stone was laid in 1886, not the first gun.

                            Comment

                            • #44
                              phantomx48
                              Senior Member
                              • Aug 2013
                              • 525

                              VP9 is for people who already own a Walther PPQ . . .for those times when having the second best trigger is a must. But seriously, you can't go wrong with either one, especially after you put a few hundred rounds through each. The only time a difference can be felt is if you shoot them back to back. Oh, and I must admit the cocking extensions are an awesome touch.

                              Comment

                              • #45
                                pkc168
                                Member
                                • May 2010
                                • 312

                                DW > PPQ > HK

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1