Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Bug Out/Combat Pistol

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #91
    static808
    Senior Member
    • Aug 2011
    • 893

    Originally posted by ct1222
    Are we talking about the true survival 1-3 or the WTF button smash QTE zombie bashing 4-6? I mean ammo is pretty scarce in 1-3 and often hidden behind come ridiculously over the top puzzle box......... (off topic)
    hahaha, i stopped playing after 2, but yeah, i used the knife so often since i was always conserving my ammo. damn, i need to dust off the ps1 now...

    oh, and on topic, im going xd9. closest thing to a glock i have!! =P

    Comment

    • #92
      FCOD
      CGN/CGSSA Contributor
      CGN Contributor
      • Oct 2008
      • 3961

      Mine would be a flintlock with a sack of marbles!

      Jk. Either my G21 or 1911

      Comment

      • #93
        Jimi Jah
        I need a LIFE!!
        • Jan 2014
        • 19232

        All steel Browning BDA 9mm. That thing is indestructable.

        My 7.5" AR pistol is second.

        Comment

        • #94
          coy80176
          Senior Member
          • Sep 2010
          • 1917

          Yup...more is more.

          Originally posted by roger1022
          Glock or M&P followed closely by 92FS, P226.



          I need more mags.



          Nice paint job!
          "Roger" that, Roger...Thanks.

          Mos def, ~half dozen mags per gun, and pre-ban are preferable

          Here's my "tagged" AR that is also at the ready, JIC




          "When I held that gun in my hand, I felt a surge of power... like God must feel when he's holding a gun." - Homer

          Comment

          • #95
            rdfact
            CGN Contributor
            • Nov 2012
            • 2672

            If I could only carry one handgun it would be my Glock 23 in .40 S&W and I'd grab the 9mm conversion barrel for a quick caliber change. Two common calibers in one pistol.
            But who among us would carry just one. So I'd include a .357/.38 revolver as well; 4 calibers in 2 guns.

            Comment

            • #96
              RotaryRevn
              Senior Member
              • Jul 2012
              • 1079

              Originally posted by rdfact
              If I could only carry one handgun it would be my Glock 23 in .40 S&W and I'd grab the 9mm conversion barrel for a quick caliber change. Two common calibers in one pistol.
              Smart man! I was thinking the exact same thing but have just been a lurker on this thread so far. Don't forget the 33rd mag for the 9mm!

              Comment

              • #97
                chuckdc
                Senior Member
                • Sep 2009
                • 1919

                One of my Para-Ordnance .40s. Why? Common ammo, that I reload and I've shot a lot of. I'm used to them to the point that they come up at natural point of aim without a lot of fuss. I have 2 spares, so I have repair parts, and some of the parts can be pulled from another 1911 if necessary, and I have 20+ magazines of at least 17 rounds each of .40. If I had a supply of 10mm, I'd throw in my 10mm kit and have that, too.
                "Mr. Rat, I have a writ here that says you are to stop eating Chen Lee's cornmeal forthwith. Now, It's a rat writ, writ for a rat, and this is lawful service of same!"

                Comment

                • #98
                  Canadadry
                  Senior Member
                  • Mar 2014
                  • 1065

                  Article from Swat Magazine. They would chose an AR as a possible bug out gun.

                  "One hundred rounds of 45 ACP ammo, eight 10 round and three seven round magazines weigh more than five 30 round magazines and 1800 rounds of the much more powerful 5.56 ammo"

                  Comment

                  • #99
                    Edwood
                    Senior Member
                    • Dec 2010
                    • 777

                    So AR Pistol with 10.5" barrel and Sig Brace.

                    Comment

                    • ruchik
                      Senior Member
                      • Apr 2010
                      • 1189

                      IMO, one factor alone should drive your decision for a bug out/combat gun.

                      Above all else, the gun HAS to work in less than optimal conditions. In a bug out scenario, or a combat scenario for that matter, you will probably not have the time or resources to regularly maintain your weapon. In less than ideal circumstances such as this, accuracy, capacity, ergonomics, etc. takes a back seat to the thing working to begin with. It doesn't matter how good it looks, how accurate it is, or whatever, if it doesn't fire when you need it to.

                      That's why guns such as AK's, Glocks, etc. are so popular.

                      Comment

                      • EVGRambis
                        Member
                        • May 2008
                        • 217

                        To be honest I do not have a Bug Out plan as I am content to Bug In and try to wait out (and defend if necessary) whatever is going on. I do have Get Home plans and the GH bag has a G19 with 2 spare G19 mags and 5 G17 mags. G17 will be on my hip.

                        Comment

                        • Chris61
                          Junior Member
                          • Jun 2009
                          • 14

                          Heckler & Koch HK45
                          This thing was designed to withstand the end of the world. Just keep some extra mags around, she only holds 10.

                          Comment

                          • TacticalThug
                            Member
                            • Aug 2014
                            • 230

                            Funny how people think they will find ammo, no you won't, you would steal it from those you killed in battle. If you didn't kill them, then who ever did would ransack their supply first long before you found them.

                            On another point, ammo was so hard to find for a long time now just because of Obama, now imagine a true shtf. You won't find diddily squat.
                            WTB Springfield Armory 1911-A1 Stainless Steel and Black bought a Kimber Stainless instead baby.

                            Comment

                            • mlevans66
                              Calguns Addict
                              • Oct 2009
                              • 9516

                              I really like my XDm with free states mags. Should we ever me free here I will get some but with the mag capacity, nice trigger and accuracy. It's my go to. Also it a real trooper even when dirty.
                              The liberal see's the glass as half full and tries to take more.
                              The conservative see's glass as half empty and tries to keep it that way.
                              I'm with the people on the side just pouring water in the glass trying to get a drink!

                              Comment

                              • jg7
                                Junior Member
                                • Apr 2013
                                • 53

                                Bug out:Combat:

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1