Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

PPKS or MK25

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    richca
    Member
    • Jun 2014
    • 105

    MK all the way, P226 better caliber, better accuracy, better recoil system, combat gun. Seals are real, James Bond is not.
    Last edited by richca; 08-10-2014, 1:28 PM.

    Comment

    • #17
      audiction
      Senior Member
      • Mar 2012
      • 785

      buy what will make you happy...at the end of the day you're the one using it.

      Comment

      • #18
        30LPI
        Member
        • Feb 2006
        • 233

        Comment

        • #19
          richca
          Member
          • Jun 2014
          • 105

          Originally posted by neomedic
          ^^^ Why would you choose the P226 Scorpion over MK25? Beavertail?
          Does the P226 Scorpion have phosphated internals?
          Scorpion : SRT, Beavertail, Hogue grips, checkered front grip, and forward slide serrations.

          MK25 : phosphated internals, mil spec rail, Anchor engraving.

          Preference or just get both

          Comment

          • #20
            30LPI
            Member
            • Feb 2006
            • 233

            Comment

            • #21
              ct1222
              Member
              • Nov 2013
              • 119

              Wow...thanks for the responses guys, didn't think anyone would actually take me somewhat seriously. Thanks guys, I really appreciate it

              Originally posted by james758
              I would vote for the MK25. SEALS are FO' REALZ and 007 is a fictional character.
              Then again, by that logic, I WOULD prefer a lightsaber over a phaser because star wars happened a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away while Cap'n Kirk and those hot space aliens are real but just haven't happened yet.

              In all seriousness though, there are a hundred .380's out there that are better than the PPK and the MK25 is just one of a hundred flavors of the P226. If you MUST spend top dollar to get the anchor on the side then so be it. Just keep in mind that the rail on the MK25 is "milspec" and its a bear to get anything on or off that rail (compared to the "normal" P226) and it won't fit the same in most kydex holsters.
              IF IT WERE ME, I would also look at the Dark Elite model. It has the adjustable combat sights, beaver tail grip and front cocking serrations.
              Well, if money isnt an object I would get myself a Death Star and blow up the filthy rebels.

              Originally posted by NapalmCheese
              Spend your money on tuition, rent, books, beer, and chicks. In that order.
              Get a big boy job when you graduate and buy all the guns you want then.
              Originally posted by 44fred
              Starving student???
              My son is a student but not starving. No way would he think of spending that kind of money right now.
              Investment? Sounds like you are already deep into the best investment you can get--your education.
              Engineering major studying for FE exam and LSAT. Starving because there's no time to eat.....
              Got my tuition, rent, food and drinks covered, I'm using what little money and time I have to invest on the ultimate chick magnet. Just not sure if girls dig the tier one tactically tacticool operator look more or tea sipping tux rocking super spy look. Couldn't find it in GQ...........


              Originally posted by rman
              depends.... i have a MK25 and I like it... but really all it is, is a p226 with an anchor and a sticker. I added my own SRT (all da/sa sigs shoulf have one).

              I also have a P226 Scorpion and love it, except for maybe the color of the grips, however they feel fine.
              SRT, Night Sights, and Beavertail....

              Depending on what you want it for (collectability), the MK25 might have the slight edge.

              If it were me, and I had to do it all over again, for the money, it would be a P226 Scorpion or Dark Elite.... if I need a major "operator" gun i would get a P228

              Sent from my Nokia 5160 using Snake
              Yeah that's pretty much what google and people at my LGS told me. I would be paying a premium for something that could be easily replicated for 50 bucks. That said, either one of these guns would be just a collection piece.
              The only handgun I'm moderately adequate at shooting is my 1911 anyway.
              "I'll just have one lower and swap in different uppers!"

              Comment

              • #22
                Baconator
                Bacon makes it better
                CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                • Jan 2009
                • 9547

                ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407703495.399506.jpgdis one

                Comment

                • #23
                  dyson
                  Veteran Member
                  • Feb 2013
                  • 4342

                  Originally posted by 30LPI
                  Can you post a pic of the fde mk25 with the scorpion g-10 grips? Was thinking of buying an fde mk25 just to see it haha.

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    roentgen
                    Member
                    • Oct 2012
                    • 214

                    Great sense of humor, guy. Bravo!

                    Originally posted by ct1222
                    Wow...thanks for the responses guys, didn't think anyone would actually take me somewhat seriously. Thanks guys, I really appreciate it



                    Well, if money isnt an object I would get myself a Death Star and blow up the filthy rebels.


                    Engineering major studying for FE exam and LSAT. Starving because there's no time to eat.....
                    Got my tuition, rent, food and drinks covered, I'm using what little money and time I have to invest on the ultimate chick magnet. Just not sure if girls dig the tier one tactically tacticool operator look more or tea sipping tux rocking super spy look. Couldn't find it in GQ...........


                    Yeah that's pretty much what google and people at my LGS told me. I would be paying a premium for something that could be easily replicated for 50 bucks. That said, either one of these guns would be just a collection piece.
                    The only handgun I'm moderately adequate at shooting is my 1911 anyway.
                    Originally posted by IPSICK
                    And as long as Feinstein bathes in the blood of the innocent, she'll live forever.

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      rman
                      Senior Member
                      • Dec 2012
                      • 2267

                      Originally posted by richca
                      Scorpion : SRT, Beavertail, Hogue grips, checkered front grip, and forward slide serrations.

                      MK25 : phosphated internals, mil spec rail, Anchor engraving.

                      Preference or just get both


                      finally shot the scorpion last week, shot beautifully!

                      Sent from my Nokia 5160 using Snake

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        neomedic
                        Veteran Member
                        • Oct 2006
                        • 3276

                        ^^^ How many rounds through the Scorpion? No issues at all? Good to hear. Thinking about one.

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          OC Speedball
                          Member
                          • Jun 2011
                          • 244

                          People love trying to lecture college students on this forum.

                          OP was clearly joking. I would ask yourself if you want a hardcore use gun or a novelty gun. While the Walther PPK/S is reliable it is also known the slide bite many users. I don't own one but I would love to have one. As a side note: Bond used both the PPK and the PPK/S in different movies. The book is a different case though.

                          I am a proud Sig owner. The SRT trigger is the business. Reliability on the new Sigs is top notch.

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            rman
                            Senior Member
                            • Dec 2012
                            • 2267

                            Originally posted by neomedic
                            ^^^ How many rounds through the Scorpion? No issues at all? Good to hear. Thinking about one.
                            about 100, 75 or blazer brass and freedom munitions, 25 or so of my own handloads

                            Best group of the night, 10 rounds @ 5y


                            no issues. it's a Ca model, with the LCI. i took the MDS out as soon as it came home

                            Sent from my Nokia 5160 using Snake

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              44fred
                              Senior Member
                              • Sep 2011
                              • 2399

                              The only time I've ever shot at paper that close was in Kern County CCW certification class. If you're that close you better stack 'em.
                              "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."

                              "My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government."

                              "No freeman shall be debarred the use of arms"
                              -- Thomas Jefferson

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                rman
                                Senior Member
                                • Dec 2012
                                • 2267

                                Originally posted by 44fred
                                The only time I've ever shot at paper that close was in Kern County CCW certification class. If you're that close you better stack 'em.
                                that's the goal! I think it's pretty good for someone who's only 18 months into the hobby

                                5y is sufficient (for me) for testing the gun, and testing the ammo.
                                Plus 5-7y is a realistic distance for SD/HD



                                Sent from my Nokia 5160 using Snake

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1