Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Glock 9mm Single Stack Revealed?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • agent88
    replied
    The thing about the 42 is it's a shooter. You can shoot the 42 all day long 10-12 yards no problem. You get some nice tight groups for such a small gun.

    I'm not sure how snappy or pleasant a 9mm shield or Glock single stack is to shoot.

    Why not just buy a cw9 kahr if you want a single stack Glock so bad?

    Leave a comment:


  • Ezekiel2000
    replied
    Originally posted by punisheryayarea
    I would have gotten both
    Me too. I don't get how everyone thinks there will be so much hate to Glock? If they were both released at the same time I still would have bought a Glock 42 first because that was my focus.
    Either you want it or you don't, no reason to get mad about it either way though, it's not that serious.

    Leave a comment:


  • gun toting monkeyboy
    replied
    Originally posted by RollingCode3
    You have no idea what you're talking about. Glock 42 has been number one selling glock for many months. They sell truck loads of it. Ask all the FFLs and they will tell you that they couldn't keep the g42 in stock for more than a few days.
    Yes. And how many people who have bought it would have rather had a 9mm in a similar size? How do you think all of those people buying it because it is the smallest Glock they can get will feel if Glock turns around and comes out with something the same size in 9mm? Do you think they might be a bit peeved? Add to that the view of the gun community as a whole. People have been hounding Glock to come out with a single-stack 9mm for decades. They chose to come out with a .380 as their CCW flagship instead. If they come out with a 9mm now, everybody is going to see that as a tacit admission that they F'd up by bringing the .380 out first. I don't care that lots of people are buying them now. That is great. But it doesn't negate the fact that they blew their shot at cornering the 9mm CCW market in one fell swoop. Aside from ticking off the people who bought the Glock 42 as a consolation prize, they will be waging an uphill battle against the Shield. A gun that I believe is selling even better than the Glock 42 at the moment.

    -Mb

    Leave a comment:


  • punisheryayarea
    replied
    Originally posted by Glocker23
    Glock fanboys will still pick up the 9mm in droves were it to be released.

    Impossible to tell if people would of skipped the 42 for certain since the 9mm single stack glock is just an idea at the moment.

    I would have gotten both

    Leave a comment:


  • Glocker23
    replied
    Originally posted by gun toting monkeyboy
    Meh. That boat has already sailed. The Shield now owns that segment of the market. Glock would only piss of many of their loyal fanboys if they came out with a single stack 9mm now, so soon after sticking their customers with a .380. Especially since so many of them would have preferred a 9mm to begin with. S&W went ahead and made a really nice single stack in 9 and 40, it is has been selling like hotcakes. Trying to play catch-up now would make them look like they made a poor marketing decision with the Glock 42. Which they did.

    -Mb


    Glock fanboys will still pick up the 9mm in droves were it to be released.

    Impossible to tell if people would of skipped the 42 for certain since the 9mm single stack glock is just an idea at the moment.

    Leave a comment:


  • punisheryayarea
    replied

    Leave a comment:


  • RollingCode3
    replied
    Originally posted by gun toting monkeyboy
    Meh. That boat has already sailed. The Shield now owns that segment of the market. Glock would only piss of many of their loyal fanboys if they came out with a single stack 9mm now, so soon after sticking their customers with a .380. Especially since so many of them would have preferred a 9mm to begin with. S&W went ahead and made a really nice single stack in 9 and 40, it is has been selling like hotcakes. Trying to play catch-up now would make them look like they made a poor marketing decision with the Glock 42. Which they did.

    -Mb
    You have no idea what you're talking about. Glock 42 has been number one selling glock for many months. They sell truck loads of it. Ask all the FFLs and they will tell you that they couldn't keep the g42 in stock for more than a few days.

    Leave a comment:


  • gun toting monkeyboy
    replied
    Meh. That boat has already sailed. The Shield now owns that segment of the market. Glock would only piss of many of their loyal fanboys if they came out with a single stack 9mm now, so soon after sticking their customers with a .380. Especially since so many of them would have preferred a 9mm to begin with. S&W went ahead and made a really nice single stack in 9 and 40, it is has been selling like hotcakes. Trying to play catch-up now would make them look like they made a poor marketing decision with the Glock 42. Which they did.

    -Mb

    Leave a comment:


  • stormvet
    replied
    I'll get one in .40 when and if they make them. Check that, Glock will make them, too hot a seller not to. Just a matter of when.

    Leave a comment:


  • tacticalcity
    replied
    Sadly I won't have the money for it even if it does come out before SSE goes away. Just bought my first house, and boy oh boy does that suck up and the money. If I had the money I would though.

    Of course, there is always a chance a higher court will toss the roster as more and more guns fall off the list. Especially since micro stamping is a technological impossibility. If they leave that as a requirement to get onto the list then no new guns will be able to get listed. It is only a matter of time before the majority of handguns grandfathered in either stop being made or have some change made to them that would require them to be reevaluated in which case they would not qualify. Those manufacturers could also simply choose to stop paying the renewal fees if they see the chance to force the list to become an issue for the courts. In short, the micro stamping requirement turns the current roster system into an outright handgun ban over time...which the court has already said it will not tolerate.

    Of course, there is the off chance somebody will perfect micro stamping...but I doubt it.
    Last edited by tacticalcity; 08-06-2014, 1:32 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Grumpyoldretiredcop
    replied
    9MM single stack revealed? We can always hope. I'll believe it when I see it buy it.

    Leave a comment:


  • tnlrat37
    replied
    My wife likes .380 she has a ppks she loves, I just got her the g42 for ccw because its a lot lighter and she hated the lc9. Im gonna either get a g26 or maybe this single stack if it shows up and comes out in time for sse.

    Leave a comment:


  • nikki#2
    replied
    Originally posted by TheExiled

    I said the exact thing when I heard about the 42 coming out. Smart, although I don't like blatantly taking advantage of your customer base like that
    You know damn well at weekly Glock HQ meetings, the DM knows exactly when the projected release date / profit lines cross on the powerpoint chart.
    Got to recoup 42 R&D & tooling expenses, etc. All data-driven. I would be surprised if the two lines cross in 2014. Apple is tech driven. Not Glock.

    Leave a comment:


  • Legasat
    replied
    They better hurry if they want any sales in PRK. SSE is running out....

    Leave a comment:


  • TheExiled
    replied
    Originally posted by -hanko
    "Looks like Glock is following the Apple sales strategy. $500 for a .380 that you really didn't want, then release the 9 for another $500" is a comment from the same story on ARF, and a comment that I echo.
    I said the exact thing when I heard about the 42 coming out. Smart, although I don't like blatantly taking advantage of your customer base like that

    Leave a comment:

Working...
UA-8071174-1