Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Glock 9mm Single Stack Revealed?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • agent88
    replied
    Originally posted by tbc
    From me, one reason: The Shield was available when I browsed through the shelves at my LGS.
    I never seen a xds till yesterday.

    I threw my credit card at the salesman.


    It's a lot easier and cheaper to find a shield.

    But I like the trigger, grip, grip safety, front sight and mag release better on the xds. Plus I get three free mags so I'll have a total of five.

    Hickok45 carries xds he likes em better than the shield. I value his opinion.

    Leave a comment:


  • tbc
    replied
    Originally posted by Glocker23
    I'm curious on peoples thoughts on why the shield is the 9mm single stack of choice and not the xds?

    From me, one reason: The Shield was available when I browsed through the shelves at my LGS.

    Leave a comment:


  • Glocker23
    replied
    Originally posted by ElDub1950
    Extra cost to SSE the XDS and the XDS grip safety.
    No access to numbers but my sense is most people who have them have or would prefer the off-roster version and would fork the extra money over.

    Grip safety seems like it would always be an advantage?

    For me personally, I prefer where the action is relative to my grip on the Shield compared to the XDs.

    Leave a comment:


  • Whatisthis?
    replied
    ^^^ People have already said why the Shield is more popular than the XDs... but grip safety, ergonomics, and price are all big factors.

    gryff got it right on Mrs. Lenny.

    Just looking at that picture, it's ridiculous to see how much work she had done. And people think she is hot/pretty? WTF? The fact that women think they need to get that much work done to their body or even wear ridiculous amounts of makeup is absurd.

    Back on topic.

    I checked out the LC9s and it's almost the exact same size as the shield. Trigger is A LOT better than the LC9 but the reset still isn't short. I'll support S&W over Ruger any day. Also, I still won't believe there is a single stack 9mm glock until I actually see one.

    Leave a comment:


  • Gryff
    replied
    Originally posted by surefire232
    The XDs fit my hand ok, but the Shield was a custom fit.

    Plus I never liked the rear grip safety.
    I've loved my M&P Compact for LTC carry, but I would kill for it to have a grip safety. Holstering an M&P into an IWB holster means that you have to make sure that your shirt (or anything else) isn't in the trigger guard when you seat the gun. Since I wear my IWB behind my centerline, there is an element of assumption that obstructions are clear since I cannot visually confirm this.

    With an XD, you can do this safely by making sure the grip safety isn't depressed when you seat the gun (pushing down on the back of the slide rather than the grip).

    We all know that a safety is not a substitute for safe practices, but I have personal experience in believing the trigger guard to be clear when it wasn't. Happened with an unloaded gun, but it happened nonetheless.

    Leave a comment:


  • ElDub1950
    replied
    Originally posted by Glocker23
    I'm curious on peoples thoughts on why the shield is the 9mm single stack of choice and not the xds?
    Extra cost to SSE the XDS and the XDS grip safety.

    Leave a comment:


  • Daisy'sDad
    replied
    Originally posted by Glocker23
    I'm curious on peoples thoughts on why the shield is the 9mm single stack of choice and not the xds?
    Ergonomics and made in USA works for me.

    Leave a comment:


  • dyson
    replied
    If the glock comes out this year i'm in, if not I'll prob get the shield next year.

    Leave a comment:


  • surefire232
    replied
    Originally posted by Glocker23
    I'm curious on peoples thoughts on why the shield is the 9mm single stack of choice and not the xds?
    I was in this boat. Had money down on the XDs, but loved the feel of the Shield9. The XDs fit my hand ok, but the Shield was a custom fit.

    Plus I never liked the rear grip safety. Add in the recent recall as it seemed Springfield really didn't have an answer for the problem.

    I hate SW, but they nailed it with the Shield and I'm happy.

    Leave a comment:


  • Squidward
    replied
    I hear Glock will be offering the 9mm single stack paired with a 9mm carbine in a Bug Out Bag suitable for SHTF perfection.

    And the pistol comes with a set of unicorn horn grips.

    But you didn't hear it from me...
    Last edited by Squidward; 08-08-2014, 9:22 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Glocker23
    replied
    I'm curious on peoples thoughts on why the shield is the 9mm single stack of choice and not the xds?

    Leave a comment:


  • Daisy'sDad
    replied
    Originally posted by tacos3
    I bought a Shield because Glock didn't have an offering and I'm happy with it.
    Same here.

    Leave a comment:


  • tacos3
    replied
    That single stack 9mm ship has left port. Glock missed the Kalifornia window with SSEs ending in 2014. I've got to think that we are a large market and I'm glad that some manufacturers have taken advantage like S&W with the Shield, Kahr, SIG and others.

    I bought a Shield because Glock didn't have an offering and I'm happy with it. It replaced my chunky G26 and is my daily carry now. Way to screw the pooch Glock!

    Leave a comment:


  • Glocker23
    replied
    Originally posted by Gryff
    Maybe the surgeon that over-did her face and breasts is also a digital graphic artist. That has to be the ugliest "pretty" girl I have ever seen.

    As for the single-stack 9mm, that will be FY2015 Q2. They're releasing their 1911 in FY2015 Q1. The carbine will probably be out in Q3.
    You are not serious with those release dates? Not sure how would you know but you got me for sure.

    Leave a comment:


  • Garand1911
    replied
    im waiting for the single stack 40cal

    Leave a comment:

Working...
UA-8071174-1