Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

hi point owners

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    devster55
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2012
    • 2095

    They shoot good. I would buy one if I saw it in the store. My dad has one. My only complaint is the location of the mag release. Sometimes I hit it on accident while shooting and causes the mag to drop out .
    Good friends will come bail you out of jail. A best friend will be sitting next to you in the cell saying damn that was fun!

    Comment

    • #17
      DannyInSoCal
      Calguns Addict
      • Aug 2010
      • 8271

      I buy every HP I see for sale at or under $100 - How else are you going to arm 10 friends for less than $950 !!!

      Fugly? Yes.

      Reliable? Yes.

      Run good factory ammo in the larger 10rd mags - Keep it clean and you'll never have an issue...
      Last edited by DannyInSoCal; 07-27-2014, 8:28 PM.
      .
      $500 Donation to any Veterans Charity - Plus $500 Gift Card to any gun store: Visit 2nd Amendment Mortgage / www.2AMortgage.com

      Comment

      • #18
        saudadeii
        CGN/CGSSA Contributor
        CGN Contributor
        • Dec 2012
        • 3468

        Nutnfancy says it all....

        My Marketplace Feedback: https://www.calguns.net/forum/market...k#post54003245

        Comment

        • #19
          anthem
          Senior Member
          • Dec 2012
          • 766

          My brother has a Hi-Point pistol. I have a 995 carbine. I took it out today to really throw some lead through it. It shot everything with one FTE..Not sure why that happened. It was an anomaly.

          Ugly fricken gun, but fun to shoot. My brother has no complaints about his pistol. I'd buy a pistol.

          Comment

          • #20
            SoGetThis
            Member
            • Apr 2014
            • 304

            Which model are you looking at? They have some decent pistols for the money. There's some design elements that suck but the guns for the most part are reliable and accurate enough for SD. If you're limited on funds then get one and some ammo and range time.

            Comment

            • #21
              Rickrock1
              CGN/CGSSA Contributor
              CGN Contributor
              • Jan 2012
              • 5158

              I have a 995 carbine and a 9 pistol. They work great.
              sigpic

              Comment

              • #22
                hermosabeach
                I need a LIFE!!
                • Feb 2009
                • 19836

                Hi points work but are not as reliable as a used Glock.

                They are also... Clunky from a look and ergonomic standpoint.



                If you want to ccw, good holsters are limited or non existant.
                Rule 1- ALL GUNS ARE ALWAYS LOADED

                Rule 2 -NEVER LET THE MUZZLE COVER ANYTHING YOU ARE NOT PREPARED TO DESTROY (including your hands and legs)

                Rule 3 -KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER UNTIL YOUR SIGHTS ARE ON THE TARGET

                Rule 4 -BE SURE OF YOUR TARGET AND WHAT IS BEYOND IT
                (thanks to Jeff Cooper)

                Comment

                • #23
                  nahpungnome
                  Senior Member
                  • Oct 2013
                  • 2159

                  For some reason, they remind me of this:

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    The_Highwayman
                    Member
                    • Jul 2014
                    • 162

                    I have a carbine and think it's great in that it's fairly accurate, has never given me any problems and its cheap to shoot. I've never really considered it for SD (the bullet button is too cumbersome) but its a great plinking gun.

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      Lone_Gunman
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Jan 2009
                      • 8396

                      Originally posted by saudadeii
                      Nutnfancy takes 30 minutes to make a 10 minute point.


                      The guys from moss pawn did a hi point torture test. If I was looking for a cheap truck gun or something to throw in a tackle box I wouldn't hesitate to get one.

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        morfeeis
                        Calguns Addict
                        • Apr 2010
                        • 7605

                        I have owned and will own more Hipoints C9's in my lifetime. 9/10 people that make negative remarks about the c9 have never opened one. Is it a $2300 1911? no! will it run for 10,000 rounds without one failure? nope! will it run damn near any kind of ammo and go bang every time you pull the trigger with in reason? hell yes!

                        They are made in America, more accurate than most shooters, tough as nails and have a hell of a warranty. i trusted my families safety to them in the past and would do to any C9 i ever would own again.
                        ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
                        Originally posted by Ayn Rand
                        You seek escape from pain. We seek the achievement of happiness. You exist for the sake of avoiding punishment. We exist for the sake of earning rewards. Threats will not make us function; fear is not our incentive. It is not death we wish to avoid, but life that we wish to live.

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          Varg Vikernes
                          Veteran Member
                          • Jan 2012
                          • 2831

                          You can buy a G22 for $350 or something from J&G sales.

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            bsg
                            I need a LIFE!!
                            • Jan 2009
                            • 25954

                            regarding Hi-Point handguns, it may benefit you to check out the HiPoint Firearms Forums.

                            A forum community dedicated to Hi-point firearm owners and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about optics, gunsmithing, styles, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more!

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              Shasta Frog
                              Senior Member
                              • Nov 2012
                              • 740

                              I have a hi point C9 and it is fugly as all get out and makes a hell of a crunching noise when racking the slide, but does go bang every time. I'd say yes it's worth the $169. Great truck or tool box gun. Just my opinion

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                Otisb
                                Junior Member
                                • Jul 2014
                                • 15

                                Wow $169 will glocks are good but unless I can find one for $200 I think this is a good start until I save move thanks everyone

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1