Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Mags or reloads

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    Sunday
    Calguns Addict
    • Jan 2010
    • 5574

    Try a box of factory loads to rule out soft reloads.
    California's politicians and unionized government employees are a crime gang that makes the Mexican drug cartels look like a Girl Scout Troop in comparison.

    Comment

    • #17
      calibased
      Member
      • Jun 2014
      • 476

      Mags or reloads

      Weird Op. I know a guy with your exact model and never had a issue.

      Id count your misfires every 100rds. If you pass 1% by 500-600 rounds.. Consider getting rid of it.




      Originally posted by Dionyn
      I had a 9mm loaded that was giving me issues using 10 round magazines, but they were nosediving. The 9 round magazines that came with the gun worked fine. I called Springfield, told them the situation, they asked me a bunch of questions, joked and scoffed about our gun laws, then proceeded to send me a label to ship the gun to them. They told me to send the mags I typically shoot with and two weeks later, they shipped the gun back to me with a fairly long list of things they did (including a little reforming of the barrel ramp and frame) and it works flawlessly now.

      I guess the main point is, if you've already put a few hundred rounds through it, call Springfield. They'll take care of you. They even paid for shipping both ways in my situation.
      this is why I love SA!
      Last edited by calibased; 07-28-2014, 6:21 PM.
      Using Tapatalk

      Comment

      • #18
        Justintoxicated
        Veteran Member
        • Mar 2009
        • 3836

        I'll bet it's the lack of crimp, you can just buy a decent quality taper crimp die and you will just need to run them through the press again.

        Sorry I am not all the familiar with that press but don't you resize as a seperate step. Then prime (no station taken up), drop powder & expand, seat bullet, crimp? Or do you have to expand the case neck as a separate step from dropping powder?

        Anyways you really do need to crimp, not so much because of the crimp necessarily but because after you expand the case next it will leave a ridge than cause hang up when sliding into the chamber. I had the same problem on my first batch of ammo I loaded and tried to use the ****ty crimp built into the die to take off the ridge. I learned real fast to just buy a separate taper crimp die, you just need to crimp the slightest amount to get rid of the lip and it will make a huge difference.
        Last edited by Justintoxicated; 07-28-2014, 7:37 PM.

        Comment

        Working...
        UA-8071174-1