Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Star made in Spain

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #31
    Tom-ADC
    Veteran Member
    • Apr 2010
    • 3614

    My brothers carry gun is a Star PD I keep trying to buy and he keeps saying no!
    US Navy Retired, NRA Lifetime member. Member CRPA

    Comment

    • #32
      BigPimping
      CGN Contributor
      • Feb 2010
      • 21487

      I had a Firestar Plus in 9MM. GREAT GUN!!!! Wish I still had it.
      sigpic

      PIMP stands for Positive Intellectual Motivated Person

      When pimping begins, friendship ends.

      Don't let your history be a mystery

      Comment

      • #33
        Rod79
        Junior Member
        • Apr 2013
        • 55

        Did Interarms import these at one point? I have a Virginian Dragoon .44 with a similar star emblem? Interesting history here, thank you.

        Happy 4th All!!

        Comment

        • #34
          zoid52
          Senior Member
          • Dec 2007
          • 783

          I had a Firestar in 9mm. Sold it here to another Calgunner about 4 or 5 yrs ago.
          CALIFORNIA-IF THERES NOT A LAW AGAINST IT THERES A TAX ON IT

          Comment

          • #35
            I Swan
            Calguns Addict
            • Sep 2010
            • 8770

            I think Interarms imported some and some of the Star logos looked like Interarms logo. I also remember in late 1990's when B&E was selling them NIB for $169. At time I didn't buy because they only had blued 9mm left I wanted a starvel 45.

            I passed a lnib example for $200 in 2005 but bought a lnib Llama commander clone in9mm same price it's been serviceable.

            Comment

            • #36
              psango
              CGN/CGSSA Contributor
              CGN Contributor
              • Jul 2009
              • 1303

              Last edited by psango; 07-05-2014, 12:06 AM.
              Always remember to pillage before you burn.

              Comment

              • #37
                hambam105
                Calguns Addict
                • Jan 2013
                • 7083

                In 1981 I got my arse seriously chewed from two friends of mine for spending an extra $43 dollars for buying a Colt 1911 instead of buying the new Star 1911 type pistol in 45acp.

                Spain's Star pistols are heavy like every French made MAB pistol I ever held. If Star works for you then great. I have seen a good share of them with happy owners thru the years.

                Buying non standard equipment including pistols, isn't high on my list, anymore. But that could change, quickly, maybe. Happy Trails.
                Last edited by hambam105; 07-05-2014, 12:52 AM.

                Comment

                • #38
                  beerman
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Dec 2009
                  • 5209

                  My Brother in law and I each bought one at Briklee back in the early 90s. Both 9mm with Starvel finish ( this is an electroless nickel...Not stainless..Star never made a stainless firestar)Paid about $200 apiece. We both still have them. As said they are alittle heavy for CC,But they are spot on accurate and reliable.They do have a funky pivoting trigger that takes some getting used to. They usually sell pretty reasonable,in part because a few thousand used Israili police trade ins were dumped here a year or two ago.If I were the OP,I wouldn't sell it.You would regret it,Like most posters above..

                  Comment

                  • #39
                    bikr4jc
                    CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                    CGN Contributor
                    • Oct 2011
                    • 1422

                    "T-Rex was a friendly Chap" Charles007 @ SSZS 6.5

                    "To disarm the people... was the best and most effectual way to enslave them." -- George Mason, speech of June 14, 1788

                    NRA Benefactor Life Member ~ CRPA Life Member

                    Comment

                    • #40
                      Atlast357
                      Member
                      • Sep 2012
                      • 414

                      [QUOTE=beerman;14414584].They do have a funky pivoting trigger that takes some getting used to.

                      I had the same getting used to the trigger, found out lots of oil helps the break also.

                      Comment

                      • #41
                        steadyrock
                        I need a LIFE!!
                        • Aug 2007
                        • 10236

                        I've got a Firestar M40 that a friend gave me a few years ago because times were tough and I needed a car pistol. It is heavy as all hell but fun to shoot (despite my not really liking the .40S&W cartridge.) I like it. Mine has an extraction problem, and I can't find a local smith who can find any parts or knows how to work on them. If anyone knows a smith in the LA/OC area that can work on these, please PM me.
                        Do not give in to evil, but proceed ever more boldly against it.

                        Comment

                        • #42
                          jyo
                          Calguns Addict
                          • Sep 2008
                          • 5320

                          I concealed carried a Star M43 9mm firestar during the Rodney King riots of 1992 when I managed a gunstore---the little pistol never jammed, shot as well as most full-sized pistols and I trusted it---of course, being a civil unrest situation, I kept a folding-stock Mini 14 as a backup in case things turned real nasty.
                          Star pistols have been out of production for a looooonnnggg time now, so parts and mags could be difficult...

                          Comment

                          • #43
                            Atlast357
                            Member
                            • Sep 2012
                            • 414

                            Man that brings back the King riots with a big rush. Those were scary days
                            not only in South Central but other parts of the state.
                            I had a freind that owned a clothing store there and he did the same thing to
                            try to protect his property and his life.
                            Mob mentality is a different ....animal.

                            Comment

                            • #44
                              WileyWilly
                              Senior Member
                              • May 2008
                              • 526

                              My Stars



                              .45 PD in Starvel

                              9mm BM (all steel)

                              9mm BKM (aluminum frame, steel slide)

                              .380 S in Starvel ---------------------------------- 9mm Firestar

                              Wonderful pistols

                              Comment

                              • #45
                                Atlast357
                                Member
                                • Sep 2012
                                • 414

                                Nice collection
                                Know anyone with M43 for sale ?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1