Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Ruger P93?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    USM0083
    Member
    • Feb 2010
    • 332

    Originally posted by RangerJoe
    I remember looking at a P94L years ago, but as I recall they were LE sales only...?

    Were P93's not on the roster on California?

    The one I have shot belongs to a friend in AZ.
    I believe there was an production overrun resulting in civilian P94Ls being sold. My buddy bought one to compliment his PC9.

    I believe that the P93 was already out of production (supplanted by the P95) when the roster went into effect.

    Comment

    • #17
      Fishslayer
      In Memoriam
      • Jan 2010
      • 13035

      Originally posted by 71MUSTY

      Would love a p94 in 40.
      That would be the 944 IIRC. I've actually seen a few of those in the wild. I would imagine a metal P series would be just the ticket for that cartridge.
      "He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
      You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.
      You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."


      Originally Posted by JackRydden224
      I hope Ruger pays the extortion fees for the SR1911. I mean the gun is just as good if not better than a Les Baer.
      Originally posted by redcliff
      A Colt collector shooting Rugers is like Hugh Grant cheating on Elizabeth Hurley with a hooker.

      Comment

      • #18
        I Swan
        Calguns Addict
        • Sep 2010
        • 8770

        I have a pc4. I had a p944 but it was very inaccurate. I want the p89 that came with an extra 30Luger barrel.

        Comment

        • #19
          RangerJoe
          Senior Member
          • Apr 2009
          • 606

          Still no owners chiming in here...

          Comment

          • #20
            I Swan
            Calguns Addict
            • Sep 2010
            • 8770

            Because they are not all that common and have been out of production like 20 years. They are not all that different from a P94 or a P95 thought those are polymer frame.

            Comment

            • #21
              36Ford
              Member
              • Feb 2011
              • 261

              The P94 is a great gun especially for when it was made IMO it was the best P-series pistol. Semi autos were a bit hit and miss in the early 90's. All the P's are great guns, for HD and the range, not so much for carry. Some stated they were ugly I disagree especially a P94 in stainless
              "Sometimes it is said that man cannot be trusted with the government of himself. Can he, then, be trusted with the government of others? Or have we found angels in the form of kings to govern him?"
              Thomas Jefferson


              NRA Life Member
              CRPA Life Member

              Comment

              • #22
                36Ford
                Member
                • Feb 2011
                • 261

                Originally posted by I Swan
                Because they are not all that common and have been out of production like 20 years. They are not all that different from a P94 or a P95 thought those are polymer frame.
                The P94 has a aluminum frame, the P95 is polymer.
                "Sometimes it is said that man cannot be trusted with the government of himself. Can he, then, be trusted with the government of others? Or have we found angels in the form of kings to govern him?"
                Thomas Jefferson


                NRA Life Member
                CRPA Life Member

                Comment

                • #23
                  turbobladz
                  Senior Member
                  • Jun 2012
                  • 1205

                  Not a p93 i know, but here is my wife's P94

                  Last edited by turbobladz; 06-27-2014, 7:59 PM.

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    CodyGT46
                    Senior Member
                    • Dec 2011
                    • 1846

                    Here's my greenish P89. I recently picked it up and its an amazing gun, had it to the range several times and has really impressed me, even better is the fact my girlfriend likes it.
                    RIP Edrik M Alford 1966-2014.
                    I love you and miss you pop.
                    I'll meet you on the range in heaven, keep a bench open for me.

                    Pro 2A.
                    Pro Freedom
                    Pro Everyone minding their own business.

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      I Swan
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Sep 2010
                      • 8770

                      Originally posted by 36Ford


                      The P94 has a aluminum frame, the P95 is polymer.
                      I'm aware of that I've owned or own both plus other Ruger pistols such as the P85, P97, P90, P89.
                      One of my misspellings may have made it look like I didn't know that. I also own the Ruger book by Wilson one of the designers that was quoted in book talked about how Ruger just doesn't make small pistols. At leaat at that time.

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        hmbrewr
                        Junior Member
                        • May 2013
                        • 15

                        Well, I guess I'm one of the few that own one. Bought it new back then. Don't remember what year. Bought it then because it was one of the smallest 9's I could find, and I liked the idea that it was stainless. Keep it next to the bed and occasionally to the range. Never have had a hiccup out of it, I'm very pleased with the accuracy. A little large for CC but a good home defense weapon.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        UA-8071174-1