Late 70's / Early 80's Colt Python 21/2 inch ( Blue) .Shooter grade. In about 90% condition, no box etc. Looks like it was carried , but fired very little.
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
2 1/2 inch Colt Python price check
Collapse
X
-
$2k+Stay Low, Go Fast, Take Chances -
Snub nosed Colt Pythons are quite sought after so a couple of photos would help. Does it have the original walnut checkered grips with gold colored Rampant Colt emblems? How is the lock up?Last edited by nickel plate; 05-11-2014, 8:30 AM.Comment
-

I would have to agree.
Yes you can have 2 C&R 03 FFL's; 1 in California and 1 in a different state.
Originally posted by Erion929Comment
-
Guess of $2000 plus
I went onto Gunbroker and did a search of recently closed auctions for used, blued 2.5 inch Colt Pythons. I found three auctions in which the seller's asking price was not met, at values of $2375, $2600 and $2900. I couldn't find an auction in which the deal closed and the gun was sold.
So based on this very limited sample, I would think the gun you describe would probably sell in the $2000 to $2300 range.
I have followed Python prices for quite a while, since buying a used 6 inch blue Python (95% condition) about 1999 for $630. I shot the gun a couple of times with .38 ammo but it has been a safe queen for a long time. I believe the 2.5 inch barrel length is scarce compared to 4 or 6 inch barrels, and generally goes for a little more in price. I think my gun might be worth about $2000 today. Python prices make no sense to me, but that is what they cost.Comment
-
Take a look at my post.I went onto Gunbroker and did a search of recently closed auctions for used, blued 2.5 inch Colt Pythons. I found three auctions in which the seller's asking price was not met, at values of $2375, $2600 and $2900. I couldn't find an auction in which the deal closed and the gun was sold.
So based on this very limited sample, I would think the gun you describe would probably sell in the $2000 to $2300 range.
I have followed Python prices for quite a while, since buying a used 6 inch blue Python (95% condition) about 1999 for $630. I shot the gun a couple of times with .38 ammo but it has been a safe queen for a long time. I believe the 2.5 inch barrel length is scarce compared to 4 or 6 inch barrels, and generally goes for a little more in price. I think my gun might be worth about $2000 today. Python prices make no sense to me, but that is what they cost.
Yes you can have 2 C&R 03 FFL's; 1 in California and 1 in a different state.
Originally posted by Erion929Comment
-
let your greed guide youComment
-
Not my greed. Lol. Looking to buy one from a private party. This 2 1/2 inch Python has rubber grips , no box , Action and timing are perfect. The seller says that the gun was carried but fired very little ( with 38 +p) . The price is 1400.00 +ppt.Comment
-
That's a 6". The 2 1/2" goes much higher. Look at the links in my post.
Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using TapatalkYes you can have 2 C&R 03 FFL's; 1 in California and 1 in a different state.
Originally posted by Erion929Comment
-
Buy it!
Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using TapatalkYes you can have 2 C&R 03 FFL's; 1 in California and 1 in a different state.
Originally posted by Erion929Comment
-
Better jump on that quickOriginally posted by ar15barrelsSo you are throwing out 95% of reality to select the 5% of reality where you are actually right?
We must be on calguns...Comment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,337
Posts: 25,147,029
Members: 358,387
Active Members: 5,484
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 28909 users online. 145 members and 28764 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.

Comment