Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Remington R51

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • cnj
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2004
    • 1275

    Remington R51

    Anybody SSE'd one yet? Where did you have it done? Do ya really like it? Or not?
    "Bye Felicia!" - Said by me, as I looked at Kalfornia in my rearview for the last time, 9/22/17.
    NRA member
    My experience is from the '80's and '90's, when mullets ruled the world!
    If azzholes could fly, this place would be an airport!
    I support gun control.....if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it!
    You go ahead and give peace a chance. I'll cover you if it doesn't work out!
  • #2
    GardoneVT
    Member
    • Apr 2014
    • 434

    Originally posted by cnj
    Anybody SSE'd one yet? Where did you have it done? Do ya really like it? Or not?
    I live outside of California, and my physical impression of the R51 is this: Return to Sender.

    In my neck of the woods, I can drive down and buy it for about $475 out the door. I won't do it because the piece feels unfinished, with the skunky build quality remnicent of a 15 year old Dodge Intrepid.

    The gun model also has some issues with slides not returning to battery and rounds firing out of battery. I'd steer clear until Version 2.0 comes out,if ever.

    Comment

    • #3
      Varg Vikernes
      Veteran Member
      • Jan 2012
      • 2831

      I heard its a piece of crap and downright dangerous.



      Basically seems like its just living off the Remington name

      Comment

      • #4
        coldfusion
        Member
        • Oct 2012
        • 143

        I feel as though this piece has already been written off in history as an epic disaster. The fact that it's still being manufactured is just a temporal paradox.

        Comment

        • #5
          digdug74
          Senior Member
          • Dec 2009
          • 1042

          I'm seeing nothing but bad reviews on this thing. I'm staying away from it until they get the bugs are worked out and even then, I'd probably have to think hard about it.

          Comment

          • #6
            -hanko
            CGN/CGSSA Contributor
            CGN Contributor
            • Jul 2002
            • 14174

            Originally posted by Varg Vikernes
            I heard its a piece of crap and downright dangerous.



            Basically seems like its just living off the Remington name
            Remington itself is just living off the Remington name.
            True wealth is time. Time to enjoy life.

            Life's journey is not to arrive safely in a well preserved body, but rather to slide in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy schit...what a ride"!!

            Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in. Mark Twain

            A man's soul can be judged by the way he treats his dog. Charles Doran

            Comment

            • #7
              sealocan
              Calguns Addict
              • Mar 2012
              • 9956

              sometimes I listen to the "gun dudes" podcast ( more for the laughter and cult movie references than anything else.)
              and this week they had guy from North American firearms and he said when he able to check one out at a recent NRA show.
              he was not impressed and he would not buy it.
              and although he works for a company that makes firearms none of his line is in direct competition with that model.
              He suggests that "Remington stick with their rifles" and kind of implied because that's what they're good at.

              kind of makes me sad other than the Glock and then XD from Springfield through Croatia ( I believe that is where the XD design came from)
              it seems to me more semi automatic pistols of new designs failing the "real life environment" test.

              Comment

              • #8
                QXSOUP
                Senior Member
                • Sep 2011
                • 989

                The R51 is NOT a remmy product- It is made by Para USA. Stay far away.
                WTB: Sig P245 or P220 Compact

                STOP THE TUNNELS

                Comment

                • #9
                  morrcarr67
                  I need a LIFE!!
                  • Jul 2010
                  • 15053

                  On another forum I read there has been 3 people who have them. Not one of them have had a good experience with it. I really wanted one but I don't think I can buy one with all the bad stuff I've read.

                  Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk
                  Yes you can have 2 C&R 03 FFL's; 1 in California and 1 in a different state.

                  Originally posted by Erion929

                  Comment

                  • #10
                  • #11
                    cnj
                    Senior Member
                    • Nov 2004
                    • 1275

                    Wow. Well that is some overwhelming input. Looks like I won't be picking one up then. Thanks for the input folks!
                    "Bye Felicia!" - Said by me, as I looked at Kalfornia in my rearview for the last time, 9/22/17.
                    NRA member
                    My experience is from the '80's and '90's, when mullets ruled the world!
                    If azzholes could fly, this place would be an airport!
                    I support gun control.....if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it!
                    You go ahead and give peace a chance. I'll cover you if it doesn't work out!

                    Comment

                    • #12
                      riftol
                      Senior Member
                      • Apr 2014
                      • 518

                      Originally posted by cnj
                      Do ya really like it? Or not?
                      Originally posted by cnj
                      Wow. Well that is some overwhelming input. Looks like I won't be picking one up then. Thanks for the input folks!
                      A highly experienced shooter that I know handled the R51.

                      He said it felt rough; he did not like it.
                      Last edited by riftol; 05-05-2014, 6:24 AM.

                      Comment

                      • #13
                        etherwalker
                        Junior Member
                        • Feb 2013
                        • 79

                        I was gung-ho on the concept of the Remington R-51, but I haven't seen a single good review of it. Search "Remington R-51" on YouTube for a lot of examples.I will stay away from it until there is credible evidence that Remington has fixed the problems.

                        Comment

                        • #14
                          _TomT_
                          Veteran Member
                          • Jun 2013
                          • 3354

                          I will wait for Hickok45's review. I want to see him hate a gun since the man never seem to have anything negative to say about any firearm that he reviewed.

                          Comment

                          • #15
                            AreWeFree
                            Veteran Member
                            • Jan 2013
                            • 4558

                            R51 is a huge disappointment. I really wanted one for it's looks and interesting lock system, but the reputation it is building is a huge turnoff. The only thing it reliably does is fail to lock up and fire out of battery... I'll never own one.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            UA-8071174-1