Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Which three guns for concealed carry?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    SILENT GUNMAN
    Senior Member
    • Jan 2013
    • 1468

    I'm with you on the Glock 20 for full size and a small 9 for your second. My choice for the small 9 is a Ruger LC9. The Slo county sheriff only allows 2 guns on your permit. He doesn't believe anyone can be proficient with more than that. For my 3rd choice if I had one I would go with either a Glock 32 or my SIG 229 in 357 SIG. You get a lot of power in a smallish package with either of those. Or you could get a Glock 29 to compliment the Glock 20. So many guns, so little time.
    "Suck on my machine gun" (Ted Nugent)

    Originally posted by Fishslayer
    "9mm is for killing Europeans. For truly dangerous people you need a .45."
    Originally posted by fighterpilot562
    I showed up naked to ur house with cake. But you weren't home. YOur wife maced me. And I was arrested

    Comment

    • #17
      jimster716
      Senior Member
      • Oct 2011
      • 839

      Sig P229 .40 S&W
      Sig SP2022 9mm
      S&W M&P Shield 9mm
      LA County CCW Renewal Progress
      4/01/21: Mailed CCW app w/GC: Yellow.
      4/14/21: $30 App Fee check deposited
      5/25/21: Request for interview
      6/03/21: Interview completed and Livescan submitted w/CA and FBI completed
      6/14/21: Firearms Livescan: completed
      8/16/21: Request to complete firearms training
      8/22/21: Gun training completed/Certs submitted
      10/11/21: Call to pickup
      10/13/21: CCW permit picked up

      Comment

      • #18
        dan6414
        Member
        • Nov 2011
        • 250

        Sig P250
        Glock 30
        Kahr CW9

        Comment

        • #19
          RUSSIAN
          Member
          • Mar 2009
          • 491

          Still in the "no chance in hell of getting an LTC" ... No idea what Alameda co will "permit" when they are finally forced to...

          Comment

          • #20
            dpop24
            Senior Member
            • Feb 2012
            • 1117

            I really like the small, medium, large lineup as it provides more options for varying needs of concealability vs firepower.

            1. Something you'll carry all the time. For me it's a Glock 27

            2. Something super easy to conceal. Mine is a J Frame 442

            3. This is either a micro gun or full size. I used to have a Bodyguard 380 but never actually carried it over the J Frame so I'm going to put my new Sig P227 in this spot. It will be reserved for camping, car gun, and trips to anywhere that 10 rounds of .40 seems like not enough

            Comment

            • #21
              FUBAR
              Senior Member
              • May 2010
              • 2453

              SW MP 45C
              SW MP 9C
              Ruger LCP

              Comment

              • #22
                flyer898
                Senior Member
                • Feb 2009
                • 2018

                In Mendocino County the limit was how many you could qualify with. Now that I am limited to three they are:
                S&W 337 .38 special, normaly carried in an elastic ankle holster.
                H&K P7M8 carried in a left hand Jim Thorpe holster.
                Light weight Colt Commander .45-acp in a Bianchi Pistol a Pocket.
                Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. So said somebody but not Mark Twain
                "One argues to a judge, one does not argue with a judge." Me
                "Never argue unless you are getting paid." CDAA
                "I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it." George Bernard Shaw

                Comment

                • #23
                  Squidward
                  Senior Member
                  • Dec 2006
                  • 1779

                  G26
                  G29
                  S&W J-frame .38spl.

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    Shumba
                    Member
                    • Nov 2006
                    • 489

                    I currently have the following listed on my CCW:

                    G20
                    G23
                    S&W 642

                    I carry the G23 90% of the time. I carry the G20 mostly for camping, trips outdoors, etc.

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      Mojave Desert
                      Member
                      • May 2011
                      • 309

                      Small
                      Medium
                      Large

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        phase1
                        Senior Member
                        • Aug 2013
                        • 1753

                        its hard to pick just three, because I personally want:

                        small - xDs 3.3
                        medium - glock 19
                        medium .45 acp - m&p45c
                        back-up revolver - NAA mini revolver .22LR
                        Originally posted by Intimid8tor
                        I don't need one but I might need one.

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          mrfat
                          Member
                          • Feb 2014
                          • 208

                          I'm probably going to go with the following:

                          1. M&P Shield 9mm or Model 640
                          2. Sig 2022 or FNS-9 or CZ P-07 or Walther PPQ all in 9mm
                          3. 1911 .45

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            Port Authority
                            Member
                            • Mar 2014
                            • 231

                            You are already 'ready' w/ your Glock 20 and your Colt Officers.

                            That's why you have them now.

                            You could get a .45 barrel and mag for your Glock and upspring it and shoot Supers for hunting wookie and still shoot ACP along w/ your Officers.

                            My Officers was my ccw gun before I had to trade it in for a Glock 36.

                            I don't think the Colt barrel supports well enough for Supers.

                            Pretty raspy from a short barrel anyways.

                            Port
                            .
                            "To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize." - Voltaire

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              Frisco3Gun
                              Senior Member
                              • Jan 2014
                              • 709

                              Glock 22
                              Sig P228
                              Colt Detective Special

                              Now if only Alameda would start letting the CCWs flow freely..
                              God may have made men, but Samuel Colt made them equal.

                              Send me pics of your: Colt Detective Special, AMT Hardballer, pre-64 Winchester Model 70. I'm looking for them.

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                av8erprince
                                Junior Member
                                • Feb 2013
                                • 73

                                Bersa Thunder .380
                                Glock 19
                                Para 1911
                                :-)

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1