Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Glock carry trigger advise

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #31
    Shenaniguns
    Calguns Addict
    • Dec 2006
    • 6158

    I'm a fan of the stock components polished up... Either you can do it yourself, pay someone or buy Glocktriggers.com's Guardian kit (Highly polished and detailed OEM) with whatever flavor connector you prefer.
    My opinions are my own and do not represent the position of other companies I may be involved with.

    Comment

    • #32
      -hanko
      CGN/CGSSA Contributor
      CGN Contributor
      • Jul 2002
      • 14174

      Originally posted by Mstnpete
      For Concealed Carry pistols
      Not less than 4.5 trigger pull.
      You applying for CCW right?
      I already have one.

      I'm not aware of a law covering trigger pull weight.

      Does the CCW instructor bounce your application if trigger pull is <4.5 lbs?
      True wealth is time. Time to enjoy life.

      Life's journey is not to arrive safely in a well preserved body, but rather to slide in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy schit...what a ride"!!

      Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in. Mark Twain

      A man's soul can be judged by the way he treats his dog. Charles Doran

      Comment

      • #33
        Shenaniguns
        Calguns Addict
        • Dec 2006
        • 6158

        Originally posted by -hanko
        I already have one.

        I'm not aware of a law covering trigger pull weight.

        Does the CCW instructor bounce your application if trigger pull is <4.5 lbs?


        I've never seen a CCW instructor with a device to measure triggers, it must be a So Cal thing.
        My opinions are my own and do not represent the position of other companies I may be involved with.

        Comment

        • #34
          ElDub1950
          Calguns Addict
          • Aug 2012
          • 5688

          Originally posted by Shenaniguns
          I've never seen a CCW instructor with a device to measure triggers, it must be a So Cal thing.
          Yeah, lots of people in SoCal have said the SO's armorer inspects guns and measures the trigger pull to make sure it's at least 4.5. Orange county or San Diego I think.

          Comment

          • #35
            Squidward
            Senior Member
            • Dec 2006
            • 1779

            Originally posted by RollingCode3
            Leave it stock and spend more time at the range.
            Agreed!

            Comment

            • #36
              Shenaniguns
              Calguns Addict
              • Dec 2006
              • 6158

              Originally posted by ElDub1950
              Yeah, lots of people in SoCal have said the SO's armorer inspects guns and measures the trigger pull to make sure it's at least 4.5. Orange county or San Diego I think.


              Even my polished up Gen 4 G19 has a trigger weight of 5.75 pounds, so bring it on!
              My opinions are my own and do not represent the position of other companies I may be involved with.

              Comment

              • #37
                89 Vision
                Senior Member
                • Sep 2010
                • 1356

                Sorry to thread jack.......I bought a used 19 recently.................trying to figure out if the connector is OEM. Short of taking it off, can you tell from just looking at it if it's OEM or not? What can I look for? I've looked for pictures online, but haven't found any pics that have been helpful. Thanks guys.

                Comment

                • #38
                  _TomT_
                  Veteran Member
                  • Jun 2013
                  • 3354

                  This is what I did on my Glock 17 Gen 4:

                  1. 25 cent trigger job
                  2. change out the stock safety plunger spring(lighter) and the trigger spring(heavier), after a lot of research in regard to their reliability.
                  3. I didn't touch the striker spring at all

                  I've since ran 250 round through(Winchester white box) it without any stoppages. Can't say this will work for everyone, just what works for me. The trigger break is still heavy but the pull is silky smooth before you get there.

                  Comment

                  • #39
                    Press Check
                    Veteran Member
                    • Jun 2011
                    • 4879

                    Originally posted by ElDub1950
                    Yeah, lots of people in SoCal have said the SO's armorer inspects guns and measures the trigger pull to make sure it's at least 4.5. Orange county or San Diego I think.
                    Even if the trigger was rated at 4lbs, a pull gauge would probably generate various readings from 4-5.5lbs.

                    Comment

                    • #40
                      md2bpo
                      CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                      CGN Contributor
                      • Jan 2013
                      • 1404

                      Skimmer

                      Originally posted by TheCarpenter
                      OP here,
                      For those OEM nazis out there the Skinner and Guardian are OEM triggers mirror polished with slight trigger bar mods. The Skinner can have up to 5.5 lbs. trigger pull. I get the whole range time and practice deal, I have thousands of dead paper men under my belt with my Sigs. I just want my Glock set up the best way possible before I start sending thousands of precious 10mm rounds down range. As far as the $ goes I just came off a week working 45 hrs. overtime and thought I would spoil me and my little black buddy a bit.
                      If an aftermarket trigger is what you want, +1 on the SKIMMER - good choice. Why? Because I want to. Spend more time at the range and take more classes, say someone? "Rodger That..."
                      34 States and counting...
                      sigpic

                      Comment

                      • #41
                        ElDub1950
                        Calguns Addict
                        • Aug 2012
                        • 5688

                        Originally posted by Press Check
                        Even if the trigger was rated at 4lbs, a pull gauge would probably generate various readings from 4-5.5lbs.
                        Yeah, seems like he'd have to do multiple tests and take an average.

                        By the way, don't most decent 1911s come with a lighter trigger than that to start with?

                        Comment

                        • #42
                          Niviticus
                          Senior Member
                          • Feb 2009
                          • 1227

                          What I did was just pull the trigger out and lube it up. Put it back in and dry fire it a few hundred times. Then pull it back out, clean and lube it. Repeat this a few times and your trigger will lighten up and feel much smoother.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          UA-8071174-1