Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

WHICH GUNSMITH WOULD YOU PICK

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #46
    bug_eyedmonster
    • Oct 2007
    • 3639

    I've had guns from both Matt Mclearn and John Jardine, and they will remain to be the two picks for me. Their builds have proven to hold up to a beating and then some. They both stand behind their work 100%, and are true craftsmen.


    Jerry
    The inconvenience of poor quality lingers long after the thrill of a good bargain.

    Comment

    • #47
      IPSICK
      Veteran Member
      • Nov 2005
      • 4259

      Originally posted by bug_eyedmonster
      I've had guns from both Matt Mclearn and John Jardine, and they will remain to be the two picks for me. Their builds have proven to hold up to a beating and then some. They both stand behind their work 100%, and are true craftsmen.


      Jerry
      Forgot to mention Mclearn. Another guy who builds for champions.
      "When you get the (men) to the range, you just get the men. But when you bring the (women) to the range, you get the (whole family). And that's what's going to save our 2nd Amendment."--Dianna Liedorff

      "Since self-preservation is the 1st law of nature, we assert the...right to self-defense. The Constitution...clearly affirms the right of every American...to bear arms. And as Americans, we will not give up a single right guaranteed under the Constitution." --Malcolm X

      Comment

      • #48
        kuletchi
        Senior Member
        • Jul 2011
        • 2121

        Jimmy Vidanes of 1911 Speed Shop wins the project. I'll post pics when it's done.

        Comment

        • #49
          1911Luvr
          Senior Member
          • Jul 2010
          • 1824

          Will O'Hara is in Corona and does amazing work with 1911s. I would out him at the top of the list out here!
          I voted against Obama before it was cool.

          Originally posted by 1911Luvr
          I beg to differ. The full length dust cover rail makes a world of difference in the "when I run out of bullets I'm going to beat you to death with the pistol" look that causes bad guys to run in fear, and lesser men to feel inadequate. It looks just plain beastly and the extra heft up front does help manage recoil a bit better. Plus, an angel told me that when God called JMB to heaven it was to build him a full rail 1911!

          Comment

          • #50
            timber cruiser
            Junior Member
            • May 2014
            • 3

            Bruce Gray, Central Oregon
            On the internet: GrayGuns

            Comment

            • #51
              Shenaniguns
              Calguns Addict
              • Dec 2006
              • 6158

              Burton of Heirloom
              Jardine
              Harrison who I've had great experience with
              CT Brian
              Stan Chen
              Randy Lee or Scott Folk who I've also had a great experience with over and over.
              My opinions are my own and do not represent the position of other companies I may be involved with.

              Comment

              • #52
                85bb
                Member
                • Nov 2009
                • 339

                tagged

                Comment

                • #53
                  Cyc Wid It
                  Veteran Member
                  • Mar 2009
                  • 4485

                  Originally posted by 9mmepiphany
                  Bruce Gray
                  Ned Christensen
                  Stan Chen

                  The each have their own signature touches and none of them will replicate that of another
                  Yeah that'll pretty much do it. I'd add CT Brian to the list. Harrison does great work too.
                  Last edited by Cyc Wid It; 05-30-2014, 8:06 PM.
                  WTS all BNIB: Colt S70 Repro, HK45c, Gen4 G19

                  Comment

                  • #54
                    PutTogether
                    Senior Member
                    • Sep 2008
                    • 2370

                    Alan Tanaka has one of my colts at the moment.
                    sigpic

                    Comment

                    • #55
                      gunner336
                      Senior Member
                      • Feb 2007
                      • 686

                      1911

                      I have one of Terry Tussey s custom combat on a early Colt 70 s that he did for me back when.
                      Still a great carry and shooting weapon

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      UA-8071174-1