Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Handgun registration question

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    cusco19
    Senior Member
    • Dec 2013
    • 1067

    Good question... my customer thought the same too... if kept long enough maybe he didn't have to register it.

    Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
    DIY: 1911 idiot scratch fix

    Comment

    • #17
      Librarian
      Admin and Poltergeist
      CGN Contributor - Lifetime
      • Oct 2005
      • 44690

      Originally posted by mikeyr
      What about my old handguns, do I need to register them somewhere ? I still shoot them but there is no record I own them and I would have no way to prove I have owned them for decades. I have always assumed these toys were fine as i owned them for so long but I could not prove it if I needed to.
      The requirement for transfers to use an FFL began in 1991; anything before that may legally have been transferred without the state knowing about it.

      Sometime about 2091 for handguns, and now 2114 for long guns, it will be hard to explain why a 'modern' firearm is not registered to someone. After a hundred years, a transfer is almost certain to have occurred.
      ARCHIVED Calguns Foundation Wiki here: http://web.archive.org/web/201908310...itle=Main_Page

      Frozen in 2015, it is falling out of date and I can no longer edit the content. But much of it is still good!

      Comment

      Working...
      UA-8071174-1