Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Geez girlfriend

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    NiteQwill
    Calguns Addict
    • Dec 2007
    • 6368

    Get a new woman. Many fish in the sea.

    Luckily, the woman in my life likes guns as much as I do. My birthday present from her consisted of a 8# keg of powder, primers, and magazines... I say she is a keeper.

    The fate of the wounded rest in the hands of the ones who apply the first dressing.

    Comment

    • #17
      SelfGovernor
      Member
      • Jul 2012
      • 352

      Sounds like your fine, don't worry about it, unless that is... umm, do you find yourself evaluating financial decisions based on how much ammo a given purchase represents?

      If so,... yes you're compulsive. Welcome to the club.
      ... that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom -- and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth.

      Comment

      • #18
        18Dmedic
        Senior Member
        • Feb 2011
        • 596

        If she knew you were into firearms BEFORE you were living together, then she has no leg to stand on. I am what I am...

        However, if she is anti firearms or whatever, it's only gonna get worse. She's going to get bolder as she gets older. i promise that much. BTDT! You're better off cutting her off at the knees early. Drop the zero, get with a hero...err heroine. but if you're like most of us guys, you'll think with little cheesesteak and not big cheesesteak.

        Good luck.

        Comment

        • #19
          corcoraj2002
          Senior Member
          • Dec 2010
          • 636

          My SO and I are talking about marriage and kids. She says that she feels safe having loaded weapons in the house as long as the rest are locked up and not out when we have guests or when I was not about.

          Understandable, but she knows how much I endorse 2A rights.
          I support the NRA, if you are not in, you can't win.

          Comment

          • #20
            Cheesesteak
            Member
            • Jan 2013
            • 130

            Thanks for the positive input! The GF is a sport really....

            Comment

            • #21
              Rocketrob
              Member
              • Feb 2013
              • 301

              Mr. Cheese,
              Simple solution…
              Put the guns down for a week or two and start playing the fiddle…
              play the fiddle at every waking moment.
              talk about the joy of bringing music into the home.
              doesn't matter if you can play or read music , just start squawking and squeaking and scaring the cats , dogs and neighbors after 2 weeks she will welcome the guns back

              Comment

              • #22
                diveRN
                Senior Member
                • Dec 2012
                • 1743

                I concur ... but I was thinking a drum set.

                Comment

                • #23
                  MrExel17
                  CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                  CGN Contributor
                  • Feb 2011
                  • 9170

                  No your normal like every gun lover in there forum.
                  "Professionals practice to get it right, Operators practise to get it wrong."

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    nahpungnome
                    Senior Member
                    • Oct 2013
                    • 2159

                    My wife was the same way. Now she doesn't mind when I dry-fire while watching TV. Maybe she just wants attention

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      Cheesesteak
                      Member
                      • Jan 2013
                      • 130

                      Originally posted by MrExel17
                      No your normal like every gun lover in there forum.
                      Ha Ha....phew!

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        Epaphroditus
                        Veteran Member
                        • Sep 2013
                        • 4888

                        My wife is pissed that I have not taken her to the range lately. I can't help it if she is a workaholic.
                        CA firearms laws timeline BLM land maps

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          Spyguy
                          Calguns Addict
                          • Apr 2009
                          • 7378

                          Originally posted by Cheesesteak
                          I tend to fondle my CZ 75 B quite a bit. The GF is not happy.
                          Perhaps if you let her fondle your gun once in a while, she wouldn't be so unhappy.
                          Justice Alex Kozinski, 9th US Circuit Crt of Appeals

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            pluke the 2
                            Senior Member
                            • May 2012
                            • 1926

                            your domestic life and the forum's solution either works or it doesnt.

                            forums solution: find a new girl.

                            for my situation, its easier said than done.

                            so what i do is i make it work.

                            my strategy:

                            i spend money on my hobbies, guns etc, you spend money on stuff i dont like(**** she likes), tattoos, piercings, dumb ****ing buddha statues. whatever, but always expect disconcerting and unopen arms when you're on this corridor.

                            even with agreements in place, you're still going to harassed and there will be times when you question your relationship.

                            over time, it either works or it doesnt. good luck my fellow calgunner.
                            Last edited by pluke the 2; 12-13-2013, 11:05 AM.

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              ptusa
                              Senior Member
                              • Jan 2013
                              • 860

                              Relationships are hard work, same sex relationships even more so I would guess.

                              Hang in there, I am sure you girls can work this out is you keep communicating.

                              Good luck-

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                riderr
                                Calguns Addict
                                • Sep 2013
                                • 6704

                                When get married (or get in a relationship), you anyway give up your rights for pus*y and dinner. The question is how many and which rights you could give up. The answer depends on how hot your girlfriend is.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1