Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

AR pistol worth it?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #31
    IntoForever
    CGSSA Associate
    • Sep 2010
    • 3891

    I enjoy shooting AR and AK pistols. The AR tube isn't even noticed when shouldered and firing as I'm out having fun. I don't expect to get .1 MOA with them and accept that fact.
    With all this "gun control" talk, I've not heard one politician say how they plan on taking guns from criminals, just law abiding Citizens.

    Originally posted by Nose Nuggets
    5 guys, hot damn thats some good eat'n.
    Originally posted by pyromensch
    damn, i duped my own thread...first time i did a poll

    Comment

    • #32
      tonyxcom
      Calguns Addict
      • Aug 2011
      • 6397

      Originally posted by FireArms101
      My info is derived from my days in law school and internal bulletins my agency and other departments have put out regarding this subject. If I'm wrong then you guys better hope I'm the officer you come in contact with.
      Your agency is wrong. Wouldn't be the first time a LEA interprets gun laws wrong in this state. Oddly enough it just so happens that this time it appears your agency is too lax and your interpretation works in our favor. So those of us with bullet buttons and 10rnd mags will have absolutely nothing to worry about.

      Comment

      • #33
        tal3nt
        Veteran Member
        • Mar 2012
        • 3168

        Originally posted by tonyxcom
        But you are feloniously wrong, actually. Yes, I just made that word up.
        Fortunately for you that is actually a real word

        The pronunciation is slightly different however

        Comment

        • #34
          vintagearms
          Calguns Addict
          • Jan 2009
          • 6841

          Originally posted by Foresight88
          Absolutely do it.

          I love my AR Pistol. I would never give this thing up. I've got the CAA stock saddle on it and that really helps when shouldering it. My primary use for it is home defense since I can maneuver it about my home without dropping the muzzle as I rotate or pivot in doorways.
          Good luck trying to see after that first round as the muzzle flash is going to blind you.

          Comment

          • #35
            Whiterabbit
            Calguns Addict
            • Oct 2010
            • 7599

            Originally posted by CK_32
            Just so you know to make a pistol you will need to purchase a pistol lower. A rifle lower can not be made into a pistol. "Once a rifle always a rifle" .

            But I read that apparently you can do a pistol lower into a rifle, but pistol lowers by them selves are hard to come by, most only come complete as a set pistol already. Another reason I gave up on that spikes SBR look alike pistol build.
            might have missed it, but it's an 80. So he can still go either way with it for now, till it's all snapped together. pistol lowers are easy to come by and the cheapest too when we can make them ourselves.

            Comment

            • #36
              Whatisthis?
              Senior Member
              • Mar 2010
              • 1820

              Originally posted by vintagearms
              Good luck trying to see after that first round as the muzzle flash is going to blind you.
              I've always wondered about this. I've seen numerous YouTube videos of shooting one at night. But I don't recall one that was actually done with a 300 or 600 lumen light. Obviously from the side that wouldn't make a huge difference, but from a shooters perspective I think it would make a significant difference. You would still most likely have problems hearing, but hopefully you wouldn't be blind AND deaf.

              Just food for thought. Maybe someone has done that and I didn't notice.

              Comment

              • #37
                SDM44
                Veteran Member
                • Jul 2010
                • 3902

                yes

                Comment

                • #38
                  lavey29
                  Senior Member
                  • Nov 2012
                  • 1126

                  If you are configuring an 80% lower build for AR pistol, is there a pistol specific buffer tube that needs to be used or just the standard carbine tube with a padded sleeve on it?

                  Comment

                  • #39
                    Whiterabbit
                    Calguns Addict
                    • Oct 2010
                    • 7599

                    the internet tells me even an A2 buffer is legally OK. Makes me nervous, but other folks say it's OK.

                    Comment

                    • #40
                      Stanze
                      Veteran Member
                      • Oct 2005
                      • 3301

                      Originally posted by Whiterabbit
                      the internet tells me even an A2 buffer is legally OK. Makes me nervous, but other folks say it's OK.
                      ATF uses "constructive possession" on NFA firearms.

                      I would not use an A2 stock buffer since you can easily install an A2 stock.
                      Constitutionally, officials cannot license or register a fundamental right.

                      "It is the first responsibility of every citizen to question authority." - Benjamin Franklin


                      "Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack." -Stanze

                      Comment

                      • #41
                        Bug Splat
                        Calguns Addict
                        • Dec 2007
                        • 6561

                        Ok, pistol it is. I really want a 300blk SBR lookalike. With the right load and muzzle device I shouldn't have a fire breathing dragon.

                        Now I need to decide on a barrel length. 7.5, 8.5 or 10 barrel? Suggestions?

                        Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk

                        Comment

                        • #42
                          lavey29
                          Senior Member
                          • Nov 2012
                          • 1126

                          Originally posted by Stanze
                          ATF uses "constructive possession" on NFA firearms.

                          I would not use an A2 stock buffer since you can easily install an A2 stock.


                          What is typically used then? A buffer that is just completely round shaped withouth the notch rail at the bottom that allows for a stock to be slid on? Is this a specific buffer made for AR pistol configurations?

                          Comment

                          • #43
                            Whiterabbit
                            Calguns Addict
                            • Oct 2010
                            • 7599

                            thank you for justifying my apprehension.

                            Comment

                            • #44
                              Whiterabbit
                              Calguns Addict
                              • Oct 2010
                              • 7599

                              Originally posted by Bug Splat
                              Ok, pistol it is. I really want a 300blk SBR lookalike. With the right load and muzzle device I shouldn't have a fire breathing dragon.

                              Now I need to decide on a barrel length. 7.5, 8.5 or 10 barrel? Suggestions?

                              Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk
                              7.5. You can always twist on an extension to get whatever look you want.

                              or 10. you can always take a hacksaw to it and recrown to 7.5.
                              Last edited by Whiterabbit; 12-11-2013, 3:23 PM.

                              Comment

                              • #45
                                Whatisthis?
                                Senior Member
                                • Mar 2010
                                • 1820

                                Is 300blk really a self defense round? I haven't looked into ballistics so I know nothing about it except I heard its great with a suppressor.

                                Edit: not trying to thread jack but just curious why 300blk besides subsonic and such. I should also say for home defense as opposed to self defense. It'll obviously do damage. But a rifle round that won't fragment... Wouldn't it just penetrate lots?
                                Last edited by Whatisthis?; 12-11-2013, 3:33 PM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1