Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Gen4 Glock question

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • 2A-norcal
    Junior Member
    • Nov 2013
    • 24

    Gen4 Glock question

    So I bought a G17 earlier this week, I get to pick it up on black friday, so excited. However STS Guns, where I bought it, said since Glocks are shipped with "hi-caps" and they can't sell those to me my Glock will come with one 10rnd mag. Is this normal? Am I getting the run around? Also how come more shops don't understand the laws around rebuilds?
  • #2
    neomedic
    Veteran Member
    • Oct 2006
    • 3276

    Shops are only comfortable doing what they are comfortable doing regardless of the laws.

    Most shops in so cal that deal with SSE will either give you 3 ten round mags or give you 3 rebuild kits. Only having one mag and paying full price is unacceptable to me, but it seems like FFLs down is so cal are more understanding than nor cal FFLs.

    Comment

    • #3
      Mstnpete
      Veteran Member
      • Jul 2006
      • 4039

      Only time you get the Hi-caps with the pistol is if you are Law Enforcement.
      So normal Civilians will get 10 rounders
      sigpic

      Comment

      • #4
        Andy Guy
        Member
        • Aug 2012
        • 244

        Like Neo said. It depends on the shop. The shop I picked up my gen 4 g19 from would swap out all 3 mags for 10 rounders but this was when glock mags were as scarce as 22 ammo is now. They offered me the 3 mags as rebuilds instead which I opted for. Took me 2omghs to find 10 rounders at a LGS but glad I have rebuilds whenever I get outta this state.
        sigpic

        Comment

        • #5
          d4v0s
          Senior Member
          • Aug 2010
          • 1661

          Originally posted by Mstnpete
          Only time you get the Hi-caps with the pistol is if you are Law Enforcement.
          So normal Civilians will get 10 rounders
          While true in practice. EVERY shop should be giving you the rebuild kits that came with the pistol. A couple local shops used to do this, give you 10 rounders, then sell the rebuild kits. Shady if you ask me.
          Originally posted by Franklincollector
          It was administered with a toothpick and placed on a street taco.

          Comment

          • #6
            CK_32
            I need a LIFE!!
            • Sep 2010
            • 14369

            Yea most do that. Some just don't give you mags and take it out of the price.


            But that's normal and they are skirting around the law giving you rebuilds. They don't want to risk their license or get someone in trouble just to give a few guys high caps.


            Normal stuff. Nothing to worry about. Just make sure you get all 3.
            For Sale: AR500 Lvl III+ ASC Armor

            What's Your Caliber??


            My Youtube channel

            Comment

            • #7
              ScottJames
              Member
              • Aug 2010
              • 318

              I will echo what others have said. My 19 Gen 4 came with 15 rounders. They just gave them to me as rebuilds.

              Getting 1 neutered mag in return is unacceptable.

              Comment

              • #8
                kongvu
                Member
                • Feb 2010
                • 462

                That is going to suck getting only one mag. Hope they gave you a good discount for taking away the mags.

                Some shops we should think twice b4 we support them.

                Comment

                • #9
                  roger1022
                  Senior Member
                  • Jul 2008
                  • 2008

                  Gen 4 Glock better with 3 mags. That said, don't care if 10 round or the 17 round rebuild kits, 3 or no deal. Either that or a discount since the gun is now coming with only 1 mag.

                  To OP, too bad you got only 1 10 rounder.
                  You can give peace a chance...

                  We'll cover you if it doesn't work out...

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    shortround1
                    Senior Member
                    • Jul 2010
                    • 993

                    Yeah, the gen 4's all come with 3 mags. The shop is swiping 2 of them from your pistol. They owe you some kind of good deal for stealing 2 of your mags.
                    So um... moon labia or something.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      223556
                      Veteran Member
                      • Sep 2009
                      • 3345

                      IF they refuse to give the x3 standard magazines as rebuilds, I would demand x3 10 round magazines and nothing less.
                      "A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

                      "Between your faith and my Glock 9mm I'll take the Glock."
                      - Arnold Schawarzenegger (End of Days)

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        2A-norcal
                        Junior Member
                        • Nov 2013
                        • 24

                        I went in once since I started my DROS, I asked the same sales guy why I was only getting one and he said he didn't know the exact circumstances of my gun but they probably only had one 10rnd mag when they got that in so it only has one. When I pick it up I plan on talking to the owner and asking for a rain check on 2 more mags or something like that.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          neomedic
                          Veteran Member
                          • Oct 2006
                          • 3276

                          Or a $60 discount

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            roger1022
                            Senior Member
                            • Jul 2008
                            • 2008

                            Originally posted by 2A-norcal
                            I went in once since I started my DROS, I asked the same sales guy why I was only getting one and he said he didn't know the exact circumstances of my gun but they probably only had one 10rnd mag when they got that in so it only has one. When I pick it up I plan on talking to the owner and asking for a rain check on 2 more mags or something like that.
                            That sounds fishy. With the 10 round mags being hard to get they are probably having a hard time getting 3 so you get 1.
                            You can give peace a chance...

                            We'll cover you if it doesn't work out...

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              Bullets&Whitewalls
                              Senior Member
                              • May 2012
                              • 2380

                              STS is a good shop. I have bought A lot of stuff from them and they have been nothing but good to me. I'm sure if you talk to them about your concern they will make good on it. With all the magazine stuff going on right now can you really blame them for not wanting to give them as kits? I sure wouldn't.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1