Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Got my Glock 19!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    C_1
    Senior Member
    • Jun 2008
    • 1504

    True, true, no point in having a gun if we cant shoot it. And I can shoot and handle a 9mm better than other calibers. Shot placement and followup shots are important. Thanks for you input. I might be like you, and thousands of others, and get a 9mm compact Glock 19..
    Last edited by C_1; 06-28-2008, 3:05 PM.

    Comment

    • #17
      ar15barrels
      I need a LIFE!!
      • Jan 2006
      • 57181

      Originally posted by leitung
      No thats my SD ammo.. I got some Federal British mil surplus for range time...
      Run at least 5 boxes of your SD ammo through it before you bet your life on it.
      Good ammo is not cheap, but then how much is your life worth to you?

      It's also important to pratice with what you will use.
      If you switch-up ammo all the time, you won't instinctively know how the gun behaves as well if you have to use it for real.
      Randall Rausch

      AR work: www.ar15barrels.com
      Handguns: www.handgunbarrels.com
      Bolt actions: www.700barrels.com
      Foreign Semi Autos: www.akbarrels.com
      Most work done while you wait on a scheduled shop visit.

      Comment

      • #18
        U2BassAce
        Senior Member
        • May 2007
        • 1677

        Originally posted by C_1
        True, true, no point in having a gun if we cant shoot it. And I can shoot and handle a 9mm better than other calibers. Shot placement and followup shots are important. Thanks for you input. I might be like you, and thousands of others, and get a 9mm compact Glock 19..
        Wally World 9mm WWB $18.XX
        Wally World 40S&W WWB $29.XX

        Makes the decision that much easier.

        Nice G19!

        Comment

        • #19
          ar15barrels
          I need a LIFE!!
          • Jan 2006
          • 57181

          Originally posted by U2BassAce
          Wally World 9mm WWB $18.XX
          Wally World 40S&W WWB $29.XX

          Makes the decision that much easier.
          You can reload 9mm for $75 per 1000 or 40 for $85 per 1000.
          Makes it not matter nearly as much what cartridge you choose to shoot.
          Randall Rausch

          AR work: www.ar15barrels.com
          Handguns: www.handgunbarrels.com
          Bolt actions: www.700barrels.com
          Foreign Semi Autos: www.akbarrels.com
          Most work done while you wait on a scheduled shop visit.

          Comment

          • #20
            Turbinator
            Administrator
            CGN Contributor - Lifetime
            • Oct 2005
            • 11963

            Originally posted by ar15barrels
            You can reload 9mm for $75 per 1000 or 40 for $85 per 1000.
            Makes it not matter nearly as much what cartridge you choose to shoot.
            Oh how I wish it was $75 per 1000 to reload.

            115 GR RN DS
            Box of 1000 $54.55
            Sub Total $ 54.55
            Tax (6.25% for Utah Residents) --
            Shipping * $ 0.00
            Lead Surcharge ** $ 22.10
            Total $ 76.65

            OUCH!!!

            This doesn't include primers, powder, etc. This is from Berry's - one of my favorite bullet makers.

            Turby

            Comment

            • #21
              aca72
              Veteran Member
              • Jan 2006
              • 3250

              Congrats on your GLOCK 19!
              Long live CALGUNS!

              Selling: ✮ GLOCK ✮ Beretta ✮ SIG Sauer ✮ Stuff ✮

              Comment

              • #22
                corpsedub
                Junior Member
                • Dec 2007
                • 88

                one of my favorite's to shoot.

                Comment

                • #23
                  mrkam
                  Senior Member
                  • Jun 2008
                  • 636

                  Now.... trigger job from Mike at accurate-iron.com, and you will have something SWEET!!

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    JMB1911
                    Senior Member
                    • Nov 2007
                    • 948

                    I don't have one of those. I have the 21SF, 30, and 26. All have been 100% from round 1. Now I want me a 19. Thanks a lot dude!

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      leitung
                      Veteran Member
                      • Jun 2008
                      • 2897

                      HAHAHA... The 19 is a sweet gun.. I love it..
                      Former "Subject" of the People's Republic of California in "exile" in Washington State.

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        ar15barrels
                        I need a LIFE!!
                        • Jan 2006
                        • 57181

                        Originally posted by Turbinator
                        Oh how I wish it was $75 per 1000 to reload.

                        115 GR RN DS
                        Box of 1000 $54.55
                        Sub Total $ 54.55
                        Tax (6.25% for Utah Residents) --
                        Shipping * $ 0.00
                        Lead Surcharge ** $ 22.10
                        Total $ 76.65

                        OUCH!!!

                        This doesn't include primers, powder, etc. This is from Berry's - one of my favorite bullet makers.

                        Turby
                        My local guy just adjusted his prices to reflect his new material costs.
                        It's now $50 per 1000 124gr 9mm bullets.
                        That's cash and carry and he meets me at the range with them so no shipping.

                        It used to be $38 per 1000 a couple weeks ago and I still have about 4-5K sitting on the shelf so I am good for a while before I have to start paying the higher prices.
                        Randall Rausch

                        AR work: www.ar15barrels.com
                        Handguns: www.handgunbarrels.com
                        Bolt actions: www.700barrels.com
                        Foreign Semi Autos: www.akbarrels.com
                        Most work done while you wait on a scheduled shop visit.

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          SevenFifty
                          Member
                          • Jun 2008
                          • 185

                          Originally posted by U2BassAce
                          Wally World 9mm WWB $18.XX
                          Wally World 40S&W WWB $29.XX

                          Makes the decision that much easier.

                          Nice G19!
                          Which one are you shopping at? I just got 4 boxes of 40S&W for 23$ each

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          UA-8071174-1