Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Size of firearms

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • wp50
    Member
    • Jun 2013
    • 299

    Size of firearms

    I have a g19 gen 3 and am looking for a full size semi auto. Am I missing something of is the g19 almost the sand size as a full size m@p. doesn't seem like there is much difference. I am a newbie at handguns.
  • #2
    morrcarr67
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Jul 2010
    • 15053

    The M&P is about 3/4 of an inch longer. 1/2 an inch taller and it's barrel it 1/2 an inch longer too.

    Those numbers don't look like much but it means that the M&P is about 10% bigger.
    Yes you can have 2 C&R 03 FFL's; 1 in California and 1 in a different state.

    Originally posted by Erion929

    Comment

    • #3
      wp50
      Member
      • Jun 2013
      • 299

      Does that help with recoil?

      Comment

      • #4
        morrcarr67
        I need a LIFE!!
        • Jul 2010
        • 15053

        Originally posted by wp50
        Does that help with recoil?
        It might.

        There are a lot of factors when it comes to felt recoil.

        If that is an issue for you I would highly recommend renting one at a range or going to a CalGuns Shot and maybe you'll get lucky and someone will let you shot theirs.
        Yes you can have 2 C&R 03 FFL's; 1 in California and 1 in a different state.

        Originally posted by Erion929

        Comment

        • #5
          wp50
          Member
          • Jun 2013
          • 299

          It's not for me but I think the g19 might be snappy for her

          Comment

          • #6
            missiontrails
            Calguns Addict
            • Nov 2008
            • 7879

            Originally posted by wp50
            I have a g19 gen 3 and am looking for a full size semi auto. Am I missing something of is the g19 almost the sand size as a full size m@p. doesn't seem like there is much difference. I am a newbie at handguns.
            The G19 is a "tweener"... not really full size, not a compact.......that's why I don't recommend it to friends......its great for carry/CCW though........ buying a G17 or M&P doesn't make much sense if you have the G19, those two are not a significant step up in size. You might as well go CZ 75, Beretta, 92/M9, P226, P30L, G34 if you want a real size jump.
            Last edited by missiontrails; 07-12-2013, 1:57 PM.

            Comment

            • #7
              Glock_9mm
              Junior Member
              • Jul 2013
              • 21

              I think your pretty safe any where in the 9mm arena. The G 19 is not what I would call a snappy gun, even the G 26 is manageable for my son. Look for a Gen 4 if possible so you have the option to change the backstraps. They are a bit more pricey, plus you need to do the Single Shot Exemption, but you get an extra mag when compared to the Gen 3. As mentioned above, try before you buy if possible.
              Scott

              Comment

              Working...
              UA-8071174-1