Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

should i beadblast my slide?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    rman
    Senior Member
    • Dec 2012
    • 2267

    i figure it'll be like this, but with the polished controls. i can rough up the controls a bit to match the beadblasted finish of the slide...



    -Armand
    Sent from my Apple Galaxy Note 5
    Last edited by rman; 09-07-2013, 5:35 PM.

    Comment

    • #17
      cwin
      Senior Member
      • Oct 2011
      • 1438

      Agree with doing what makes you happy. You've gone this far. I say go all the way.

      Comment

      • #18
        hermosabeach
        I need a LIFE!!
        • Feb 2009
        • 19819

        I prefer the look of a pistol after it has 10,000 presentations from the holster.

        If you want to go disco, you could have the entire slide jeweled.



        Last edited by hermosabeach; 07-07-2013, 9:38 PM.
        Rule 1- ALL GUNS ARE ALWAYS LOADED

        Rule 2 -NEVER LET THE MUZZLE COVER ANYTHING YOU ARE NOT PREPARED TO DESTROY (including your hands and legs)

        Rule 3 -KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER UNTIL YOUR SIGHTS ARE ON THE TARGET

        Rule 4 -BE SURE OF YOUR TARGET AND WHAT IS BEYOND IT
        (thanks to Jeff Cooper)

        Comment

        • #19
          crazyucbr
          Senior Member
          • Nov 2012
          • 794

          Originally posted by TNP'R
          Yeah im anti shiny stuff on guns too. I like my guns like I like my women.. Black.
          Well that makes sense now. I'm always fascinated with FDE color and I like my women brown.
          "get that evil thing out of the house"

          FFLs/Store I support and recommend:
          Don at Straightline Tactical in Anaheim
          Steve at OC Firearms in Fountain Valley.

          Comment

          • #20
            dc2integra
            Senior Member
            • Dec 2011
            • 912

            It looks good the way it is I say leave it.

            Comment

            • #21
              LightsOut!
              Veteran Member
              • Apr 2012
              • 2503

              It's personal preference. I beadblasted my Sig Pro along with the barrel, and after a while, wish I had left it black. Realized that I'm not a fan of the two-tone stainless configuration either.

              Comment

              • #22
                schroderson
                Junior Member
                • Sep 2011
                • 39

                I polished the barrel on my sig pro and got a stainless steel guide rod, a little bling but not overboard IMO.

                Comment

                • #23
                  SB1964
                  Veteran Member
                  • Mar 2012
                  • 4876

                  Leave the slide black!
                  Yes I took the pic, no I didn't go swimming!

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    rman
                    Senior Member
                    • Dec 2012
                    • 2267

                    I'm going back and forth... if i didn't polish the controls, I'd had blast the slide... but now with the polished controls i may leave it black.

                    -Armand
                    Sent from my Apple Galaxy Note 5

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      'ol shooter
                      Veteran Member
                      • Mar 2011
                      • 4646

                      I like my guns the way I like my women, form follows function.
                      sigpic
                      Bob B.
                      (\__/)
                      (='.'=)
                      (")_(")

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        rman
                        Senior Member
                        • Dec 2012
                        • 2267

                        update... decided to run with the polished controls



                        also added the old style grips, a little bigger than i am used to



                        -Armand
                        Sent from my Apple Galaxy Note 5
                        Last edited by rman; 09-07-2013, 5:35 PM.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        UA-8071174-1