Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

what .45 auto would you choose?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • SoCalEnthusiast
    Senior Member
    • May 2013
    • 1734

    what .45 auto would you choose?

    I'm thinking a g30 of even the new and improved g30s!

    thoughts and what i should pay?

    where i could buy one in socal?
  • #2
    controlled_burst
    Member
    • May 2012
    • 464

    Recently paid $552 + DROS for a spanking new g30 sf

    Both awesome guns. No idea about socal availability, sorry.

    Lots around the bay area though.

    CB
    "Not the past, not the future, life is now."
    Rickson Gracie
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    ------------------

    Comment

    • #3
      SoCalEnthusiast
      Senior Member
      • May 2013
      • 1734

      Do you CCW that bad boy?

      Comment

      • #4
        1CavScout
        Veteran Member
        • Feb 2013
        • 3234

        I am buying a G30 next week for CCW. It will be replacing my G27.
        sigpic

        Comment

        • #5
          SNCaliber
          Veteran Member
          • Mar 2012
          • 3222

          depends on what you want to do with it, carry, home defense, range, all around?
          -Sang

          Comment

          • #6
            Joe'Bronco
            Senior Member
            • Sep 2010
            • 621

            1911 or go home.

            Comment

            • #7
              vtrigger77
              Senior Member
              • Aug 2012
              • 1450

              What joe said ^^

              Comment

              • #8
                LTC-J
                Senior Member
                • Aug 2012
                • 1229

                I've got two 30 SFs. One is gen 2.5, the other is gen 3. Love them both.

                I CCW the gen 3 and use the gen 2.5 for practice because ranges frown on pulling the carry gun out on the line

                Hides fairly nice on my tall skinny frame. It does have a noticeable weight to it. I keep my belt tight and it doesn't bug me.

                The big things I don't like are(this is on two 30s and one 19):
                1. Slide lock (too narrow for "easy" field stripping) I've replaced it with aftermarket one. In hindsight, I should have bought tool (done 3 now)
                2. Slide release... pain to easily manipulate 1-hand to lock the slide back for malfunction clearing. Replaced it with aftermarket one.
                3. Magazine release. Short and makes it a pain to left hand release. Replaced it with aftermarket one. Not happy with aftermarket one because it was too long. Took 1/4" off of it

                Comment

                • #9
                  WASR10
                  • Aug 2011
                  • 2455

                  I carry a G30sf everyday. Great choice for ccw. I traded for it a couple years ago so I am not sure about local availability. I know there are a few online sources that have them for decent price, but then by the time you pay the additional costs, the savings are gone. My next .45 will be the G21.
                  Last edited by WASR10; 06-26-2013, 4:27 PM.
                  Mark 16:16

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    davidb
                    Senior Member
                    • Sep 2010
                    • 1769

                    Originally posted by Joe'Bronco
                    1911 or go home.

                    this...although that FN 45 has been catching my eye lately, i might have to get one someday

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      missiontrails
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 7879

                      Originally posted by Joe'Bronco
                      1911 or go home.

                      I'm going home:O

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        TripleThreat
                        CGN Contributor
                        • Mar 2012
                        • 2642

                        If I could only have one 45, it would be a Kimber.

                        Triple
                        1911 "The MILF of handguns"

                        LINK: 9mm Shootout: BHP vs 92A1 vs SP-01 vs P-01

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          toby
                          Banned
                          • Jan 2010
                          • 10576

                          I can't get over a 45 acp and a plastic gun.......

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            Iknownot
                            Senior Member
                            • Jul 2007
                            • 2174

                            1911 of some sort would be a first choice.

                            Sig 220 would be second. After that, I don't know.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              E92335i
                              Veteran Member
                              • Mar 2013
                              • 2937

                              I just jailed a G30. There was a RIA 1911 CS cheaper that the Glock. I just don't trust a 1911 with a barrel of <4

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1