Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Glock 30s (CA Approved List)

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #31
    tonyxcom
    Calguns Addict
    • Aug 2011
    • 6397

    Originally posted by G21Shooter
    +1 The G30S is a great idea, but if you don't have/cannot get a CCW its pretty much pointless.

    For a range gun the bigger slide of the G30 will be better for reducing recoil anyways.
    Why does anyone have to justify their need or desire to meet those of yours. If you can't get a CCW then you should have nothing smaller than a full sized handgun? That makes no kinda sense.

    Just for that I'm gonna buy a G30S right now. I have a CCW but I don't ever plan to carry it. I just want one.

    Is that OK with you guys?

    Comment

    • #32
      Woody559
      Member
      • Jun 2012
      • 468

      No. No it's not ok
      Don't do it

      Comment

      • #33
        tonyxcom
        Calguns Addict
        • Aug 2011
        • 6397

        Done deal. $599 plus tax and DROS or $675 OTD.

        Comment

        • #34
          sirgiles
          Senior Member
          • Oct 2008
          • 2311

          Originally posted by Mr.1904
          They are working to get the 30s on the roster.
          not gonna happen.
          cali is such a small market to for glock to make the necessary modifications. i wish they follow what barrett did.
          "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine."

          Bruce Lee

          Comment

          • #35
            tonyxcom
            Calguns Addict
            • Aug 2011
            • 6397

            Cali is a bigger market for Glock (or any other firearms manufacturer) than you think.

            That being said, I doubt the 30S will make it on the roster unless they can convince the powers that be that it isn't really a new model. They will just continue to produce and sell Gen3 Glocks until the roster goes away. There is some talk that Glock opened a US production plant to get away from some of the import restrictions that hampered them from building a single stack 9 and a lot of other customer and department requests. But I don't think they intend to create any models with mag disconnects and those new hideous red loaded chamber flags.

            Comment

            • #36
              sirgiles
              Senior Member
              • Oct 2008
              • 2311

              in a recent armorers class, a top executive disclosed that the real reason behind glockusa was to gain us gov't contracts. initial production was for the import market but upper management later decided to sell in the US.

              he also claimed that they will not modify their production methods for a relatively "small cali market". i guess he said this in context to their total US and global sales.
              "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine."

              Bruce Lee

              Comment

              • #37
                tonyxcom
                Calguns Addict
                • Aug 2011
                • 6397

                Yeah that makes sense and reinforces my hunch that they don't intend to make new models that meet CA's silly roster when they have just about the entire catalog short of the G30S available in roster approved Gen3 models.

                I think it might be telling that both the Austria and US factories are churning out Gen3's. Austria can feed the demand for CA and the rest of the world while the US factory can feed the other 49 states - or likely some other more complicated distribution model.

                Comment

                • #38
                  FNH5-7
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Sep 2009
                  • 9407

                  Originally posted by usclee
                  You can get one on gunbroker and do a see transfer. I be prepared to get raped with fees
                  ^^This. $150 for SSE, +taxes, don't expect fees to go down as it gets closer to the end of the year. Damn this ****en roster makes me sick.



                  Originally posted by sirgiles
                  he also claimed that they will not modify their production methods for a relatively "small cali market".
                  This makes perfect sense, even though some Californians will get pissed off. Glock's don't need anymore safeties (microstamp, mag disconnect)
                  Last edited by FNH5-7; 07-30-2013, 12:09 AM.
                  Originally posted by FalconLair
                  I weep for my country and what it is becoming.

                  Comment

                  • #39
                    Bad Caselaw
                    Senior Member
                    • Feb 2013
                    • 808

                    Originally posted by Shenaniguns
                    Or buy the 36 slide after which is used on the 30s.
                    Or buy the 36...




                    Caselaw
                    "We're surrounded. That simplifies things."

                    - Col. LB "Chesty" Puller USMC - Chosin Reservoir

                    Comment

                    • #40
                      tonyxcom
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Aug 2011
                      • 6397

                      Tracey Rifle and Pistol want $599 before tax and DROS.
                      MTG Firearms (Elk Grove) want $579 before tax and DROS.

                      Most online prices tend to vary around $549 so the above prices in CA are very reasonable. I bought at TRAP because I've purchased there before and because its closer to my work in San Ramon.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      UA-8071174-1