Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Is Glock the only one?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #76
    Aaelen
    Junior Member
    • Apr 2013
    • 14

    Originally posted by deadcoyote
    a trained parakeet can do the replacements
    Do you happen to sell these parakeets after you train them, because that is AMAZING!

    Comment

    • #77
      deadcoyote
      Veteran Member
      • Apr 2010
      • 4002

      I'm telling you, I am NOT mechanically savvy at all and Glocks are plain easy to turn into a pile of parts and throw back together.
      Buying a safe and sane firework is like paying a hooker for a hug. I do not see the appeal in it.

      Comment

      • #78
        Packy14
        Calguns Addict
        • Jul 2008
        • 5312

        Originally posted by Lugiahua
        Massad Aynoob would probably disagree with you, so would I...
        Lol. I don't care who thinks xd's are good, I owned one and its a piece of trash. Enjoy if you like trash. 1911's are nice but a grip safety is still lame on a gun that just has it to have it.
        NRA Lifetime Member

        1A-2A = -1A

        Comment

        • #79
          newguy83
          Member
          • Nov 2012
          • 299

          Originally posted by kenshinoro2007
          Lol. I don't care who thinks xd's are good, I owned one and its a piece of trash. Enjoy if you like trash. 1911's are nice but a grip safety is still lame on a gun that just has it to have it.
          massad has never praised XD. ever.



          and about grip safeties i agree. i heard XD were supposed to be the polymer 1911. that is why they put the grip safety uneccesarily and added a little extra weight to the front of the frame to give it a different feel.

          Comment

          • #80
            JoshuaS
            Senior Member
            • Nov 2012
            • 1617

            For polymer guns I like the Ruger SR series and the XD series. Really everything I dislike about the SR is better on the XD and vice versa...I want the gun that is a bastard child of both. Basically a less blocky, more rounded, XD with a better trigger or an SR without a thumb safety (if one needs a manual safety for the rosary, a grip safety), the width and length of the XD subcompact (in the case of carry guns), and the weight of the XD (heavier, but easier for me to shoot)

            Comment

            • #81
              deadcoyote
              Veteran Member
              • Apr 2010
              • 4002

              Originally posted by mif_slim
              This is what i think when i hear people bash on XD. They hate the fact that a 3rd world country can design a gun that is right betweem the beloved 1911 and the "undisputed" Glock.

              People complain about the grip safety on the XD but they never complain about the same system on the 1911. They complain on how it gets stuck trying to put it back together...user error. I'm sure any car will die if you dont put gas in it. People complain the gun has high bore axis... no one else complains about the sigs and HKs....

              Ultimately I believe its comes down to the 3rd world country producing a product that makes a 1st world country have to compete with.


              With that said I had a g22 and a g19c. I liked them. In fact I like the g19 a lot more then the xd9c. But when it comes to shooting in higj stress ive shot the xd40 for so long that I have a better aim/operation with it. Bottomline OP, shoot em choose the best for you.
              I'm not a huge fan of XD pistols, they work great but I don't care for the long trigger reset and the additional weight over a Glock. Mainly I'm just chiming in to say I don't think Croatia is a 3rd world country. Just my opinion.
              Buying a safe and sane firework is like paying a hooker for a hug. I do not see the appeal in it.

              Comment

              • #82
                Gryff
                I need a LIFE!!
                • May 2006
                • 12693

                Originally posted by kenshinoro2007
                Lol. I don't care who thinks xd's are good, I owned one and its a piece of trash. Enjoy if you like trash. 1911's are nice but a grip safety is still lame on a gun that just has it to have it.
                Thank you for your valuable judgment based on your extensive experience with the platform. I'll definitely give that proper weight against the 25,000 rounds I've put through my three XDs (and the resulting 0.024% failure rate I've encountered).

                Originally posted by newguy83
                massad has never praised XD. ever.
                Guns Magazine cover story, March 2012.

                Originally posted by newguy83
                and about grip safeties i agree. i heard XD were supposed to be the polymer 1911. that is why they put the grip safety uneccesarily and added a little extra weight to the front of the frame to give it a different feel.
                I find the grip safety to be a benefit, especially when you using the gun for concealed carry. If you are using an IWB holster, it is possible to get clothing stuck inside the trigger guard while holstering. This is a major reason for "Glock Leg" and can also affect M&Ps. With the XD, if you take your hand off the back of the grip while holstering and push down on the back of the slide, the gun cannot fire because the grip safety is not depressed.

                As for basic function, I have NEVER had an XD grip safety cause a malfunction in nine years of aggressively using them in competition. I've shot one-handed, weak-handed, on my side, upside down, and even had to resort to gangsta style once because of the obstacle I was shooting over. Went bang every single time.

                While I can't run a 1911 reliably (riding the thumb safety pulls my hand off the grip safety, so the gun won't fire), the XD's grip safety has always been non-problematic.
                My friends and family disavow all knowledge of my existence, let alone my opinions.

                Comment

                • #83
                  Packy14
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Jul 2008
                  • 5312

                  Originally posted by Gryff
                  Thank you for your valuable judgment based on your extensive experience with the platform. I'll definitely give that proper weight against the 25,000 rounds I've put through my three XDs (and the resulting 0.024% failure rate I've encountered).



                  Guns Magazine cover story, March 2012.



                  I find the grip safety to be a benefit, especially when you using the gun for concealed carry. If you are using an IWB holster, it is possible to get clothing stuck inside the trigger guard while holstering. This is a major reason for "Glock Leg" and can also affect M&Ps. With the XD, if you take your hand off the back of the grip while holstering and push down on the back of the slide, the gun cannot fire because the grip safety is not depressed.

                  As for basic function, I have NEVER had an XD grip safety cause a malfunction in nine years of aggressively using them in competition. I've shot one-handed, weak-handed, on my side, upside down, and even had to resort to gangsta style once because of the obstacle I was shooting over. Went bang every single time.

                  While I can't run a 1911 reliably (riding the thumb safety pulls my hand off the grip safety, so the gun won't fire), the XD's grip safety has always been non-problematic.

                  You're right, my experience is not extensive. I owned it for a year and realized it was trash and flushed it. To each his own. Ill stick to sig, glock, even an m&p I got for the wife over any xd anytime. Oh I didn't even mention the crap trigger, poor reset, and bad finish wear. If xd ceased to exist no one would really miss it, can't say same for sigs or glocks.
                  Last edited by Packy14; 05-03-2013, 6:57 PM.
                  NRA Lifetime Member

                  1A-2A = -1A

                  Comment

                  • #84
                    Gryff
                    I need a LIFE!!
                    • May 2006
                    • 12693

                    Originally posted by kenshinoro2007
                    You're right, my experience is not extensive. I owned it for a year and realized it was trash and flushed it...Oh I didn't even mention the crap trigger, poor reset, and bad finish wear. If xd ceased to exist no one would really miss it
                    Too true. Too true. You definitely know what you're talking about.
                    My friends and family disavow all knowledge of my existence, let alone my opinions.

                    Comment

                    • #85
                      coq
                      Senior Member
                      • Apr 2009
                      • 736

                      Originally posted by kenshinoro2007
                      XD and best should never be used in the same sentence unless that sentence is "XD's are no-where near the best".

                      XD's are the only gun I've seen more than once locked up so bad it needed to be smacked hard, thanks the the stupid grip safety it is not too difficult to replicate that. Terrible gun. Also the first gun I ever bought new. Couldn't get rid of it fast enough...glad some sucker liked XD's.
                      Someone had to say it.

                      Comment

                      • #86
                        xbuilder9mm
                        Member
                        • Dec 2011
                        • 266

                        Remember you are not learning how to fly a plane here. Just how to shoot a gun and if you cannot handle the various guns out there with some basic training (a couple of hours max) you probably should stay away from guns.

                        Comment

                        • #87
                          Jet Setter
                          Calguns Addict
                          • Aug 2012
                          • 5348

                          M&P - IMO, the best.
                          *********************
                          WTS:
                          1. PW 800+ Hydro Multispeed (just the hydraulic unit that also works with Spolar press)
                          2. PW 800B converted to 800C (12 gauge) with lots of accessories and upgrades
                          3. Hornady 366 (12 gauge)

                          Comment

                          • #88
                            Lugiahua
                            Senior Member
                            • Sep 2011
                            • 1576

                            Originally posted by newguy83
                            massad has never praised XD. ever.
                            I guess he didn't write a book called "Combat Shooting with Massad Ayoob" either then?

                            ...The top five shooters were using utterly reliable guns: Blazek with J-frame S&W revolvers; Strayer with XD9 and the S&W 340 for backup; me with an XD(M) 9mm subcompact...- Chapter 4: Completion as training

                            and why would he pick an XDm as the cover of that book?
                            Last edited by Lugiahua; 05-04-2013, 2:15 AM.

                            Comment

                            • #89
                              smitty88
                              Junior Member
                              • May 2013
                              • 64

                              I'm going to have to go with a xd. I own an xd9. I shoot glocks well but like the feel of my xd better. Wouldn't trade it for any other polymer gun

                              Comment

                              • #90
                                Knomad
                                Member
                                • Feb 2012
                                • 288

                                My personal preference is H&K in the standard-weight LEM configuration (for a P2000, that's a v2 although the variant number varies with the model). There are only two external controls: The slide release which doubles for takedown, and the Euro-style mag release. Because it has a bobbed external hammer, you can ride your thumb on the hammer when re-holstering as an added safety check (it would move if you snag any clothing in the trigger guard).

                                The M&P line is also fairly simple although like Glock it has an extra takedown control. The advantage is that at least outside CA you can get it either with or without an external safety depending on personal preference.

                                I too have long since moved away from DA/SA.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1