I've shot an XD9 Tactical in IDPA and IPSC for the past several years. I LOVE the gun. As for reliability...15,000 rounds through the pipe, two failures to extract. Performance...well, I won my class at the IDPA National Championships with it last October (not to mention the CDP National Champion at that match was shooting an XD45 Tactical).
As for problems with then when dirty, I used to clean mine after every match. Now, I don't feel the need because I have run mine through as many as three matches without cleaning and have had no performance issues.
Some people prefer the feel of the Tactical (me!), and some like the Service model. Try renting both and see how they feel when you shoot.
Get it. You'll love it.
As for problems with then when dirty, I used to clean mine after every match. Now, I don't feel the need because I have run mine through as many as three matches without cleaning and have had no performance issues.
Some people prefer the feel of the Tactical (me!), and some like the Service model. Try renting both and see how they feel when you shoot.
Get it. You'll love it.


Comment