Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

US made glock or not?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    hpdad
    Member
    • Dec 2012
    • 148

    Originally posted by Bad Caselaw
    Where do you find the BOD (Born-on Date)?

    I have several new Blue-box Glocks.

    Thanks.




    Caselaw
    I think it can be found on the small yellow envelope.

    Now, how to find on the XD9? Mine doesn't come with the envelope with the fired cartridge.
    Last edited by hpdad; 02-23-2013, 6:35 PM.

    Comment

    • #17
      RotaryRevn
      Senior Member
      • Jul 2012
      • 1079

      Originally posted by Oceanbob

      Only about 75 USA Glocks have been sold here. Rare indeed.

      can you please tell me where you are getting this stat from? I happen to own one of these (gen 4 G19 made in the USA) that was purchased in Nov 2012. I have a hard time believing I was so lucky to pick up 1 of just 75 sold in the state. Thanks

      Comment

      • #18
        Librarian
        Admin and Poltergeist
        CGN Contributor - Lifetime
        • Oct 2005
        • 44691

        Neither CA-DOJ nor Glock are being very talkative about this USA/Austria manufactured thing. The Roster page does have red-lettered advice that USA made Glocks are not on the Roster.

        I suspect DOJ is not buying Glock's 'It's the same thing' assertion under 32030(b)(3)
        (3) A statement, under oath, that each unlisted firearm for which
        listing is sought differs from the listed firearm only in one or more
        of the ways identified in subdivision (a) and is in all other
        respects identical to the listed firearm.
        and may be requiring testing under 32030(c)
        (c) The department may, in its discretion and at any time, require
        a manufacturer to provide to the department any model for which
        listing is sought under this section, to determine whether the model
        complies with the requirements of this section.
        Last edited by Librarian; 02-23-2013, 7:27 PM.
        ARCHIVED Calguns Foundation Wiki here: http://web.archive.org/web/201908310...itle=Main_Page

        Frozen in 2015, it is falling out of date and I can no longer edit the content. But much of it is still good!

        Comment

        • #19
          cindynles
          Veteran Member
          • Dec 2008
          • 2806

          Some Glock FRAMES have been made the US for awhile now. My Gen 3 G17 (2010 manufacture) has a US frame and Austrian slide and barrel. Since the frame is the firearm why would where the slide is made make a difference? Oh wait, this is CA our gun laws have never made sense.....

          US made frame:


          Austrian frame:
          Last edited by cindynles; 02-23-2013, 10:43 PM.
          "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." B.Franklin,1759

          Comment

          • #20
            RotaryRevn
            Senior Member
            • Jul 2012
            • 1079

            Here is a pic of my US made glock for those wondering what the roll mark looks like. My understanding is that glock has been making guns in the US for a few years if not longer now but they were strictly for export to countries like the Philippines and others that don't have trade agreements with Austria. They have only recently started selling US made glocks in the US (maybe towards the middle to end of last year).

            Attached Files
            Last edited by RotaryRevn; 02-23-2013, 11:51 PM.

            Comment

            • #21
              ElDub1950
              Calguns Addict
              • Aug 2012
              • 5688

              have seen this several time in the last couple of weeks.

              My guess is gun store employees just want to sell what ever they have in stock and discourage people from wanting to wait. We'll see, but that's my guess.

              Comment

              • #22
                tonelar
                Dinosaur
                • Mar 2008
                • 6081

                Originally posted by ptroxx
                You dont have to agree with it. im just passing on info I got from 2 LGS's...
                Originally posted by XDRoX
                Well you should stop repeating it.
                Consider the source. 99% of the FUD exposed on this forum are told over gun store counters. What your LGS is confused about is the ferritic nitrocarborizing process (tenifer finish) applied to Glock slides. The EPA outlawed the chemicals used in that process decades ago. So, it'll be interesting to see how the US made slides stand up to corrosion and wear in the coming years.
                sigpic

                Comment

                • #23
                  Krazyssays23
                  Junior Member
                  • Feb 2012
                  • 45

                  Update.... I purchased a 36 online that's good to go. Thanks to the information here. There wasn't much information about this USA/Austria thing. No thanks to the local gun stores that spoke of a crazy, horrible! Future. A future where T-800's roam, and Glocks are no longer sold in CA.

                  Now I just need to find out were I can SSE a gen4 23 (orange county area). Seems like allot of places up north do SSE...

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    Oceanbob
                    I need a LIFE!!
                    • Jun 2010
                    • 12720

                    Originally posted by Krazyssays23
                    Update.... I purchased a 36 online that's good to go. Thanks to the information here. There wasn't much information about this USA/Austria thing. No thanks to the local gun stores that spoke of a crazy, horrible! Future. A future where T-800's roam, and Glocks are no longer sold in CA.

                    Now I just need to find out were I can SSE a gen4 23 (orange county area). Seems like allot of places up north do SSE...
                    Talk to Mike at OC ARMORY. He does plenty of SSE. Good guy as well.

                    May the Bridges I burn light the way.

                    Life Is Not About Waiting For The Storm To Pass - Its About Learning To Dance In The Rain.

                    Fewer people are killed with all rifles each year (323 in 2011) than with shotguns (356), hammers and clubs (496), and hands and feet (728).

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      Shenaniguns
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Dec 2006
                      • 6158

                      Originally posted by ptroxx
                      And you are a reliable source...Please.
                      We can all speculate what is going on but so far there are non to be found..
                      And non on the Ca roster.. SO you call it what you want.

                      I work in a LGS, the source is the DOJ, those shops are wrong.

                      And yes we have more Glocks coming in next, I pre-sold two Gen 4's yesterday.
                      My opinions are my own and do not represent the position of other companies I may be involved with.

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        Shenaniguns
                        Calguns Addict
                        • Dec 2006
                        • 6158

                        Originally posted by Librarian
                        Neither CA-DOJ nor Glock are being very talkative about this USA/Austria manufactured thing. The Roster page does have red-lettered advice that USA made Glocks are not on the Roster.

                        I suspect DOJ is not buying Glock's 'It's the same thing' assertion under 32030(b)(3)
                        and may be requiring testing under 32030(c)

                        Exactly, but I suspect their ultimate goal is to make them pay the piper for more testing that won't pass without the lci and mag disco or to just make it difficult for scary evil Glocks to be sold here.
                        My opinions are my own and do not represent the position of other companies I may be involved with.

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          Shenaniguns
                          Calguns Addict
                          • Dec 2006
                          • 6158

                          Originally posted by ElDub1950
                          have seen this several time in the last couple of weeks.

                          My guess is gun store employees just want to sell what ever they have in stock and discourage people from wanting to wait. We'll see, but that's my guess.

                          Did you not read librarian above? It's not BS, the USA roll marked Glocks are excluded from the doj's roster. You can look for yourself.
                          My opinions are my own and do not represent the position of other companies I may be involved with.

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            ElDub1950
                            Calguns Addict
                            • Aug 2012
                            • 5688

                            Originally posted by Shenaniguns
                            Did you not read librarian above? It's not BS, the USA roll marked Glocks are excluded from the doj's roster. You can look for yourself.
                            I should have quoted post #3 that I was actually referring too.

                            "Wow I wonder why most shops in my area (Orange County) Say their not planning on getting any more Glocks. A guy at Field time told me over the phone that, "we won't ever see Glocks in CA again". ?

                            There have been several of those threads lately.

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              uhlan1
                              Calguns Addict
                              • Aug 2012
                              • 6217

                              Originally posted by tonelar
                              Consider the source. 99% of the FUD exposed on this forum are told over gun store counters. What your LGS is confused about is the ferritic nitrocarborizing process (tenifer finish) applied to Glock slides. The EPA outlawed the chemicals used in that process decades ago. So, it'll be interesting to see how the US made slides stand up to corrosion and wear in the coming years.

                              ^^^^^^^^^^This
                              "Hence it happened that all the armed prophets conquered, all the unarmed perished." - Niccolo Machiavelli

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                Nicoman
                                Guardian of masculinity
                                CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                                • Jul 2010
                                • 1320

                                Originally posted by CJ5&G23
                                Not sure you can rely on the frame marking. Here is a 1999 model with both:

                                Same thing on my 2009 G19
                                Last edited by Nicoman; 02-24-2013, 7:09 PM.
                                Originally posted by Bobby Ricigliano
                                I like FDE because when I pose for pictures with my FDE guns it makes me look more like an operator.
                                Originally posted by Nutnfancy
                                "Preserve your gat"

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1