Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

RUSTY GUNS IN SAFE!!!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #31
    Fern
    Senior Member
    • Feb 2011
    • 1203

    I bought a box of dessicant from Michael's and just opened the box and bag and put it in the safe. If it will dehydrate flowers it should work for my safe.

    Comment

    • #32
      westcoast362
      Member
      • Nov 2007
      • 465

      I have used RIG for 40+ years with out a problem. You just have to keep a thin coat on them and wipe the guns down after handling.

      Comment

      • #33
        vlsgmc
        Member
        • Sep 2007
        • 292

        These are the VCI emitters that I've started using recently (just over a year). I also stared keeping my rifles in silicone coated gun socks.

        Last edited by vlsgmc; 01-23-2013, 8:49 PM.

        Comment

        • #34
          pyromensch
          Calguns Addict
          • Mar 2010
          • 6881

          before i put them in the safe, a spray silicone all over them, and spray it on the interior "carpet" of the safe, it eventually evaporates, but about that time, i use them again.
          That may be a CG first!



          Spyder

          "You guys need to take more drugs. Then you can TASTE the sound, and HEAR the light!"

          Comment

          • #35
            glock1973
            Member
            • Feb 2010
            • 155

            Originally posted by BFG2000
            Step 1: Froglube!

            Step 2: http://www.eva-dry.com/
            I use the Eva dry mini 333 and the 500. I have one on the floor of my
            save and another one on the top shelf. I dry em about every 3
            months.

            Step 3: win!

            I dont like the dehumidifiers with the refillable power inserts cause they can spill.
            I agree...

            Frog Lube
            Eva Dry

            Use both of these products...excellent results.

            Comment

            • #36
              Onlyincali
              Senior Member
              • Jun 2010
              • 678

              Just researched EVA DRY. I'm going to use a safer silicone. Turns out the blue silica that turns color (like in EVA DRY) is a serious carcinogen. They now make orange stuff that's safer.

              Also grabbed the EENOX. Thanks guys!!!!!

              Comment

              • #37
                Onlyincali
                Senior Member
                • Jun 2010
                • 678

                Just researched EVA DRY. I'm going to use a safer silicone. Turns out the blue silica that turns color (like in EVA DRY) is a serious carcinogen. They now make orange stuff that's safer.

                Also grabbed the EENOX. Thanks guys!!!!!

                Comment

                • #38
                  Safety1st
                  Senior Member
                  • Jan 2011
                  • 590

                  EEZOX + Desiccant /end thread

                  Originally posted by Onlyincali
                  Just researched EVA DRY. I'm going to use a safer silicone. Turns out the blue silica that turns color (like in EVA DRY) is a serious carcinogen. They now make orange stuff that's safer.

                  Yes, but I've read that some of the orange indicator silica is also slightly toxic. Supposedly the only non-toxic indicating silica gel is "Sorbead Orange Chameleon."

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  UA-8071174-1