Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Glock 19 or USP or USPc

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    Jicko
    Calguns Addict
    • Dec 2005
    • 8774

    Originally posted by NYC2SoCal
    Dude, relax on the kool-aid.. You're suppose to mix it with water...

    Honestly, all three are very good, accurate and reliable handguns.

    Actually... I do agree with ya....
    All 3 are good.... G19 was just my preference...
    - LL
    NRA Certified Firearm Instructor
    sigpic

    New to Calguns, check here first:
    http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...ad.php?t=56818

    Comment

    • #17
      NIB
      Senior Member
      • Oct 2005
      • 549

      I own a 2nd Gen Glock 17, Colt and Springfield 1911s, SIG 226 and 229, HK USP 45 and a P7 M13......after shooting 50 rounds thru a rental G19 I ran and bought one to take over home defense duties. Yes sir, I have never shot a gun so accurately like that G19 it was on the verge of rediculous.

      Comment

      • #18
        smokycuh
        Senior Member
        • Feb 2006
        • 743

        jickoricko - i just can't stand the finger grooves

        everyone else - thanks for all the input this is really helping me choose believe it or not. keep em coming guys.
        7/20/22 paper app dropped to station
        11/30/22 inputted into system
        2/15/24 email requesting docs/livescan
        2/17/24 email confirmation of docs received
        2/22/24 livescan completed
        3/15/24 phone interview completed
        7/31/24 proceed to training email
        8/11/24 ccw training 16 hours completed
        10/3/24 call to pickup ccw permit
        10/17/24 ccw permit picked up

        Comment

        • #19
          Prospector
          Senior Member
          • Oct 2005
          • 1056

          Well if you can't decide on one, then get all three.

          Comment

          • #20
            choochboost
            Member
            • Dec 2005
            • 170

            Last edited by choochboost; 03-27-2006, 6:05 PM.

            Comment

            • #21
              cpsca
              Member
              • May 2005
              • 121

              I just got back from the range to day and I rented a Glock 19 to shoot with my H&K P2000 v3. I've shot the 19 and 17 frequently (usually owned by friends) but I wanted to refresh my memory and do a side by side. Here's what I found:

              - I'm 5'10, 180 pounds and both guns fit my hand well. The 19's grip is larger (wider) than the P2000 with the 'large' backstrap installed. It still felt ok. I personally found the angle of the glock grip annoying. Since I'm a lefty, I enjoy the ambi controls of the P2000.

              - The trigger on the P2000 was smooth, light and satisfying. The trigger on the 19 was absolute crap. To be fair, the range has the NY trigger installed. However, I can say that the trigger of other 17's and 19's that I've shot have been acceptable but not great. Generally, they feel a bit clunky to me. One more thing though is that I can immediately shoot a 19 accurately while the P2000 trigger took some getting used to (long pull).

              - Both guns performed flawlessly. No failures with 200 rounds each for a total of 400 rounds of FMJ.

              - The P2000 has noticeably more recoil with the same load than the 19. It wasn't distracting, just more noticeable.

              I've never owned a Glock but have shot them extensively in 9mm and 40. I can only tell you that they are both solid and perform great. I consider the Glock to be a great "universal" pistol that appeals to the masses. The P2000 (and USP's) seem to feel a little more refined.

              My .02
              NRA Patron Member

              Comment

              • #22
                Justang
                Member
                • Jan 2005
                • 396

                Remember, a HK will do anything a Glock will do... but the HK will do it better.

                There's a little elitism for you guys.

                Comment

                • #23
                  lunde
                  Senior Member
                  • Oct 2005
                  • 1036

                  cpsca, you wrote:
                  The trigger on the 19 was absolute crap.
                  There are a couple things that can help to improve the Glock trigger. First, a factory 3.5lb connector. Second, if the pistol is a compact (like the 19) or a subcompact (like the 26), the trigger face is serrated. I find serrated trigger faces annoying and irritating. The trigger for the full-size pistols has a smooth face, and the part is identical except for the lack/presence of the serrations. Compact and subcompact Glocks have serrated trigger faces only so that they can be imported into the US, to earn sufficient ATF importation points. Glocks are simple, so if they work for you, go for it.

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    CACitUP
                    Senior Member
                    • Mar 2006
                    • 618

                    Here is an interesting thread on the Glocks..... You will also notice that the USP is mentioned in there ; )

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      bunkerbuster
                      Junior Member
                      • Mar 2006
                      • 37

                      Can't go wrong with both.

                      I really like the USP lines because they have:

                      -ambi magazine release
                      -all the variants for your need
                      -now, 10 rounds magazines are as cheap or cheaper than 10round glock magazines.
                      -life time warrenty (but their customer service is not that impressive as glock)
                      All guns are not created equal. -bunkerbuster

                      People focus on investing, because they like to make money. I focus on making money, because I like to invest. -bunkerbuster

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        swift
                        Senior Member
                        • Feb 2006
                        • 874

                        I have both the G19 and the USPC with LEM. I like them both, but really prefer the HK. Like everyone says, which fits your hand better and which points better to the target. The one problem with the HK USPC is that only one manufacturer makes night sights (meprolite), so if you want a shorter front sight, you're out of luck. If you want more flexibility, I'd suggest the full size HK.


                        Originally posted by smokycuh
                        sorry guys this might be a waste of bandwith but i need your opinions on buying my first handgun. I've tried all 3 of the listed and they all feel comfortable in my hand. I am a person who has an obssession with modifying things first it was cars but recently i've been getting into handguns. My choices are Glock 19/HK USP.40/HK USPc.40. Some people have suggested i buy a compact because i am not a big guy. I am 5'8 and 180 lbs. medium build. This gun will be used for home protection/range shooting. Well if you guys could help me with comments and suggestions it would be greatly appreciated thanks. I will list what i like and don't like about each.

                        Glock 19 - Good price, plentiful amount of mods and accessories
                        Recoil, grip is uncomfortable, strange trigger
                        HK USP - smooth, good grip, good trigger feel, low recoil, seems proportional
                        pricey and also i don't know if i can modify as much
                        HK USPc - smooth, nice trigger, grip is ok
                        pricey, modification unknown as well, more recoil, magazine looks strange, exterior wise it seems a little chunky and snubby, end of barrel seems too close to trigger guard (maybe the exterior is just the style)

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          RoboTech
                          Junior Member
                          • Feb 2006
                          • 19

                          I have a G 20 and have once owned a USP 40. Both are very good weapons. You cant go wrong with either a Glock or a HK. I think you need to get what fits you and your situation best.(dont know what your budget is) If money is a concern I would go with the Glock. If you dont like the grip angle try a Springfield XD. They are building quite the rep for reliability, and can be had for as low as 399.00.(Wild Sports runs them in the ad all the time) Two of my buddies have them and they have always perform well. They will all serve you well for many years. For me personally, if SIG made a 10mm I would be out 1 Glock. I really love my 229.
                          Last edited by RoboTech; 03-29-2006, 9:16 PM.

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            gmcem50
                            Member
                            • Dec 2005
                            • 445

                            Originally posted by Justang
                            Remember, a HK will do anything a Glock will do... but the HK will do it better.

                            There's a little elitism for you guys.
                            That is to be expected since it costs 50% more!

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              zefflyn
                              Senior Member
                              • Nov 2005
                              • 537

                              Originally posted by smokycuh
                              Glock 19 - Good price, plentiful amount of mods and accessories
                              Recoil, grip is uncomfortable, strange trigger
                              Why would you want to buy a gun for recreational shooting, if it has unpleasant recoil, and an uncomfortable grip? There's a ton of interesting handguns out there, but if it doesn't fit my hand, it's instantly disqualified from the "to be bought" list.


                              What sort of modifications do you want to do to your new gun? Is it stuff you think the gun will need, or do you just want to buy extra parts to add-on or swap out?

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                smokycuh
                                Senior Member
                                • Feb 2006
                                • 743

                                i mostly want to buy parts it needs and also parts to add on/swap out.
                                7/20/22 paper app dropped to station
                                11/30/22 inputted into system
                                2/15/24 email requesting docs/livescan
                                2/17/24 email confirmation of docs received
                                2/22/24 livescan completed
                                3/15/24 phone interview completed
                                7/31/24 proceed to training email
                                8/11/24 ccw training 16 hours completed
                                10/3/24 call to pickup ccw permit
                                10/17/24 ccw permit picked up

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1