Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Your Thoughts

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    JTROKS
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Nov 2007
    • 13093

    CSACANNONEER, how much will it cost to send that dog here? I'm game if you are. Joking aside, I really don't feel like killing an animal, but if that dog ends up hurting any of my family member I may lose my mind and go postal. Just a figure of speech, no offense to postal workers here.
    The wise man said just find your place
    In the eye of the storm
    Seek the roses along the way
    Just beware of the thorns...
    K. Meine

    Comment

    • #17
      JTROKS
      I need a LIFE!!
      • Nov 2007
      • 13093

      Build the fence. How much money could you loose if arrested for negligent discharge? Time off of work, legal fees, loss of weapon in evidence. Wouldn’t a taller fence also provide more privacy to your whole family while in the back yard? This alone would be worth it.

      This is only my 2cents worth.
      That does make sense, but the neighbor will be right there with me and he can explain to the judge why he didn't do anything after I had a talk with him expressing all my concerns. I also have a boat load of videos showing them not doing anything when the dog is barking away at us. I think I got enough for a petition, but I'm just giving the dog's owner a chance to right what is wrong. I'm not being a butt#0!e and I think I have held my patience for a long time.
      The wise man said just find your place
      In the eye of the storm
      Seek the roses along the way
      Just beware of the thorns...
      K. Meine

      Comment

      • #18
        76231b
        Member
        • Jan 2008
        • 310

        Just set up a electric wire. He wouldn't be sticking his head over for much longer.

        Comment

        • #19
          The SoCal Gunner
          Veteran Member
          • May 2006
          • 3319

          How about talk to the neighbors and have the dog get to know you and your family? If that doesn't work, then build a better fence.

          Comment

          • #20
            Pugster
            Senior Member
            • Sep 2007
            • 964

            +1 for Pepper Spray.

            It's hard to hit a moving target (Especially under pressure) and you will be held responsible for wherever your rounds go downrange.

            Comment

            • #21
              dfletcher
              I need a LIFE!!
              • Dec 2006
              • 14811

              Isn't there some sort of electronic - as in annoying as hell can be heard by dogs only - sort of device out there?
              GOA Member & SAF Life Member

              Comment

              • #22
                Cali-V
                Senior Member
                • Dec 2006
                • 1944

                Isn't there a dog repellent you can buy... Maybe you could coat or spray your fence with something...

                or use the following...

                oh this...
                It's a Single Cylinder - Single Stroke,
                Internal Combustion Engine,
                with a Free Floating Piston...

                Comment

                • #23
                  JTROKS
                  I need a LIFE!!
                  • Nov 2007
                  • 13093

                  I sure hate to lose that gun when I have to go to court for shooting a dog in self defense. Oh and I'll hate it if the bullet exits the animal and goes somewhere unintended. The loads that gun likes and proven with are 175 grain Winchester Silvertips in 10mm.
                  Last edited by JTROKS; 03-13-2008, 9:53 PM.
                  The wise man said just find your place
                  In the eye of the storm
                  Seek the roses along the way
                  Just beware of the thorns...
                  K. Meine

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    Cali-V
                    Senior Member
                    • Dec 2006
                    • 1944

                    Just joking...

                    I did a quick google and found

                    Chili Pepper
                    This is one of the most common and most effective dog repellents. It is what you will commonly find in the commercial organic dog repellents. The capsicum in the pepper will irritate the skin of the dog, particularly the sensitive area in and around the nose. The irritation will deter the dog from returning to the area. Common chili pepper powder sprinkled around the area will help repel all dogs.
                    Ammonia
                    Vinegar
                    Vinegar is another strong smelling scent that will act as a repellent to dogs. Again, use cotton balls soaked in vinegar in the area you wish to keep dogs out of. Do not pour vinegar straight onto the ground as this will kill plants.
                    Rubbing Alcohol
                    Rubbing alcohol is another strong smelling substance that will repel dogs. Same advice applies here as well. Soak cotton balls in the rubbing alcohol and place them in areas you wish to keep dogs out of.
                    oh this...
                    It's a Single Cylinder - Single Stroke,
                    Internal Combustion Engine,
                    with a Free Floating Piston...

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      JTROKS
                      I need a LIFE!!
                      • Nov 2007
                      • 13093

                      Cali-V, you know I overlooked that. Thanks!
                      The wise man said just find your place
                      In the eye of the storm
                      Seek the roses along the way
                      Just beware of the thorns...
                      K. Meine

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        Knauga
                        Senior Member
                        • Feb 2007
                        • 1383

                        My a-hole neighbor breeds Neapolitan Mastiffs (which crap bigger than pitts) and it got to the point where I was carrying a pistol every time I went into the back yard. It was like a cartoon, you would hear growling/barking, the fence would sway and you'd see "saw dust" coming through the slats in the fence. I told him that the first one to put their head through the fence was going to catch a bullet. He put up a wall and we don't have problems with his dogs anymore.

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          Greg-Dawg
                          Banned
                          • Oct 2006
                          • 7793

                          Plugging a neighbor's annoying dog isn't the answer, unless it causes you or one of your kids/family serious bodily harm...then blast away. Think about your kids witnessing you shooting a dog to death. There will be some repercussions, my friend. Think about that.

                          Here's a suggestion, get your neighbor a short leash for the dog.

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            Knauga
                            Senior Member
                            • Feb 2007
                            • 1383

                            Originally posted by puppypower
                            +1 for Pepper Spray.

                            It's hard to hit a moving target (Especially under pressure) and you will be held responsible for wherever your rounds go downrange.
                            A focused dog will not even notice the spray. I've used it in the past more than once. One time I dumped about half a can of that stuff into the eyes and nose of a Golden Retriever (one of the nastiest dogs IMHO) charging me as I was backpedaling up the street. The dog didn't realize he had been sprayed with anything until I broke his concentration by cracking it in the skull with something really hard. The only "REAL" good the spray did in once instance was to mark the sidewalk where the dog tried to attack me when the owner (who found his dog bloody and covered in pepper spray) complained to my boss about how I attacked their loving family pet and demanded that we pay their vet bills.

                            My boss was very sympathetic listening to the story about how their dog always stays in the yard and wouldn't hurt a fly, how they couldn't understand why I went into their yard and hurt their pet. Then my boss showed him the trail of blood and pepper spray on the sidewalk a couple hundred feet up the street from his house and then went on to tell him how lucky it was for him that his employee hadn't gotten bitten and wasn't going to sue him.

                            If you use pepper spray on a dog and it works, you probably could have backed him down without it. A good stout walking stick is much more effective. Make sure it has a nice heavy handle on it too.

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              JTROKS
                              I need a LIFE!!
                              • Nov 2007
                              • 13093

                              To tell you the truth, it's not alway the dog that's a problem. Dogs in nature are protective of their territory especially if their master/family are in the area. Yes, some dogs are better than other dogs when in comes to securing an area, but it all boils down to its' owner that trains him/her. People that uses the sad excuse of, "I'm too busy to train my dog" should not own dogs. I was told by a dog breeder once, if I am the owner of a dog by law I am responsible for any damages that dog create. Pure and simple.
                              The wise man said just find your place
                              In the eye of the storm
                              Seek the roses along the way
                              Just beware of the thorns...
                              K. Meine

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                GlockComa
                                Senior Member
                                • Jan 2006
                                • 591

                                JTROKS I have 4 full grown Akitas and they are very protective dogs.
                                The first thing I did when I moved into my house was I had my neighbors on each side and in the back come over when I first moved into the house to introduce them to all my dogs. My neighbors actually like my dogs because its their early warning system as well. When the dogs bark they check to see whats going on outside.

                                In your case I would definitely speak with the neighbors about their dog.
                                Tell him that their dogs aggressive/protective behavior is very intimidating and that you fear that the dog will jump the fence one day and may attack you or a loved one.

                                If that does not work you can always contact your local animal control and let them know of your concerns. They will come out and investigate and then notify the owner of the dog to do something about it.
                                Originally posted by 5150Marcelo
                                CalGuns bacon hunt???... Im in like Ron Jeremy in the back door of an 18 year old female virgin in heat! Lets do this!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1