Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

G22 Barrel conversion pros and cons

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    DT556
    CGN/CGSSA Contributor
    CGN Contributor
    • Mar 2011
    • 3671

    Originally posted by DuknBucks
    Sounds fun...think im going to pick up the 9mm...since i dont already own that caliber.

    Might have to wait a bit though looks like the standard barrel is on back order from LW. the threaded one is mighty tempting
    Only if the threads are removed or if you have a fixed magazine.

    Comment

    • #17
      DuknBucks
      Member
      • May 2012
      • 418

      Originally posted by Damiiaaannn
      Only if the threads are removed or if you have a fixed magazine.
      I was mostly kidding

      I dont want the hassles of worrying if around the next corner lurks an over zealous BLM or Forest personell who has nothing better to do than harass law abiding citizens while they enjoy whats left of 2A freedoms
      sigpic
      Most of the further discussion beyond the clear concise answer is usually people just trying to convince others that the Penal Code/Case Law doesn't really apply because their uncle's friend's cousin's son-in-law works as a gardener for a retired judge from another state who might or might not have said he doesn't think it applies to a certain case that has absolutely nothing to do with the question the OP asked.

      Comment

      • #18
        manwhowalks
        Junior Member
        • Jul 2011
        • 55

        Problems with a Lone Wolf conversion barrel.

        Originally posted by DuknBucks
        the lone wolf conversion sounds like a great way to get a "second gun" outta my G22.

        does anyone have any experiences good or bad to share?
        I have been using a Lone Wolf 40-9 mm conversion barrel in my Glock 27 and have been disappointed. My gun is broken in, is cleaned and lubed after every use, and I never have problems with .40 SW ammunition. The cheaper 9mm ammo, generally 115 grain is basically unusable in the conversion barrel. I get FTEs, on average, every 25 rounds. Granted Lone Wolf states on their website that some 115 grain "cheap" ammunition is not recommended. (Even though it works flawlessly in a Glock 26...) I also get FTEs (about once every 50 rounds...) with 9mm - 124 gr FMJ - Federal American Eagle. Once again this ammo works perfectly in a Glock 26 and 9mm CZ so I don't think it's the ammo. (Same batch used in all three guns, recent purchase...) I have not changed the extractor but I am using Glock 9mm magazines when using the conversion barrel.

        I did shot 50 rounds (and only 50) of +P+ Federal Hydra Shok ammo (which is too powerful for about half of 9mms made...) and had no FTEs but I don't think using super hot ammo is a good test. Even so when I called Lone Wolf and described my experience they basically said since the barrel worked with the +P+ ammo (and no other..) then it's the fault of the ammunition. (Even though the same ammo worked flawlessly in two guns... a Glock 26 and a CZ-75..)

        I have read plenty of praise and some complaints about the Lone Wolf conversion barrels. I tend to think I got a bad barrel, which can happen to any manufacturer, but Lone Wolf seems to shying away from addressing the problem. Based upon my experience I can not recommend them.



        From their website:
        Lone Wolf Arms is the largest manufacturer of aftermarket parts for Glocks. We also have M&P Shield, Beretta/Taurus, and Browning Hi-Power parts.

        Comment

        • #19
          vintagearms
          Calguns Addict
          • Jan 2009
          • 6841

          I have the Stormlake conversion barrel and it has given no issues with any ammo other than Wolf.

          Comment

          Working...
          UA-8071174-1