Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Mobil 1?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    Freq18Hz
    Senior Member
    • Apr 2011
    • 1243

    Already covered here:



    Please use the search function before starting a new thread.


    -Freq

    Comment

    • #17
      North Bay Guy
      Senior Member
      • Nov 2012
      • 1230

      I've used Mobil 1 Synthetic (red) grease on guns and I've used plain old White Lithium grease too. I've never had a problem with either. I've never used Mobil 1 motor oil but it looks like many others have had success with their motor oil.

      Comment

      • #18
        sd_shooter
        I need a LIFE!!
        • Dec 2008
        • 14277

        Originally posted by Freq18Hz
        Already covered here:



        Please use the search function before starting a new thread.


        -Freq
        Yes Freq, you tried to start the "This will be the last lube thread evah!", but see - another one showed up!

        But that's ok, Mobil1 is GTG and everyone should know about it (even the FrogLube guys should try it...)

        Comment

        • #19
          JMP
          Internet Warrior
          CGN Contributor - Lifetime
          • Feb 2012
          • 17056

          It works, but some action prefer slide grease to oil.

          Comment

          • #20
            Wrangler John
            Senior Member
            • Oct 2009
            • 1799

            I use Amsoil 5W-30 Series 3000 Synthetic Heavy Duty Diesel Oil not only to lube the occasional firearm, but on my press rams and other stuff. I simply use a 30cc medical syringe and place a drop or two where it's needed. Same stuff used in my trucks so it's always on hand. Mobile 1 works too. Truth is, we who use synthetic oil get more mileage from our guns than guys that use dino oil.

            Comment

            • #21
              t0kie
              Veteran Member
              • Mar 2008
              • 3419

              I use it also. Plenty left from my car (I stock them). It's 0W40.

              Comment

              • #22
                GunDog
                Senior Member
                • Dec 2008
                • 1819

                I use Mobil 1 5W-20 for lube and preservation after cleaning my small arms with Ed's Red which contains equal amounts of Mobil 1 ATF, acetone, mineral spirits, and kerosene. Good stuff and the price is right too. Should add that when grease is required such as on an M1 or M14 rifle I use Lubri-plate.
                NRA Life Benefactor Member
                CRPA Life Member
                VFW Life Member

                Comment

                • #23
                  dbbspider
                  Member
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 334

                  I had some 20w 50 syn oil left over from my Harley, so I been using that. It works fine on my 1911s and ARs

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    billped
                    Veteran Member
                    • Oct 2009
                    • 2504

                    ... and 9mm has more stopping power than .40s&w when you use CLP, unless you also have a shotgun loaded with birdshot, then that wins. Did I mention that Glock is better than Sig?



                    Seriously, using any lube is a lot better than no lube and only marginally worse than using the perfect lube.
                    Bill

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      DArBad
                      Veteran Member
                      • Dec 2009
                      • 3002

                      Originally posted by GunDog
                      I use Mobil 1 5W-20 for lube and preservation after cleaning my small arms with Ed's Red which contains equal amounts of Mobil 1 ATF, acetone, mineral spirits, and kerosene. Good stuff and the price is right too. Should add that when grease is required such as on an M1 or M14 rifle I use Lubri-plate.
                      FINALLY!!!!!! another calgunner using Eds Red! I felt alone in the universe singing its praises.

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        12voltguy
                        Veteran Member
                        • Feb 2006
                        • 4003

                        Originally posted by DArBad
                        FINALLY!!!!!! another calgunner using Eds Red! I felt alone in the universe singing its praises.
                        can you mix up a quart of this & keep it around or will it break down & turn into a mess? or just mix up a batch when needed?

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          DArBad
                          Veteran Member
                          • Dec 2009
                          • 3002

                          Originally posted by 12voltguy
                          can you mix up a quart of this & keep it around or will it break down & turn into a mess? or just mix up a batch when needed?
                          For cost and effort effectiveness, make a whole gallon. Use glasswares or steel containers so it does not " eat " the containers.

                          I " modified " mine by deleting the acetone component, and substituted pure vaseline for the lanolin.

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            JNunez23
                            Veteran Member
                            • Jan 2012
                            • 2755

                            I met a calguns member who soaks his BCGs in a bucket of motor oil prior to initial usage.
                            sigpic"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."
                            John Wooden

                            Need a holster?, please email us at StrappedKydex@gmail.com for any holsters, mag carriers, and more. Custom jobs welcomed!

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              GunDog
                              Senior Member
                              • Dec 2008
                              • 1819

                              Originally posted by DArBad
                              FINALLY!!!!!! another calgunner using Eds Red! I felt alone in the universe singing its praises.
                              Ed's Red is used for the bulk of my firearms cleaning but, will admit to the use of some Kroil and Sweet's 7.62 solvent to get the copper out when the need arises.
                              NRA Life Benefactor Member
                              CRPA Life Member
                              VFW Life Member

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                GunDog
                                Senior Member
                                • Dec 2008
                                • 1819

                                Originally posted by 12voltguy
                                can you mix up a quart of this & keep it around or will it break down & turn into a mess? or just mix up a batch when needed?
                                The acetone in Ed's Red will breakdown most common plastic containers so you need to watch that. I only mix up 8 ounces at a time and store it in a Justrite safety container.

                                NRA Life Benefactor Member
                                CRPA Life Member
                                VFW Life Member

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1