Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Sig Sauer P6/P225

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Rimfire123
    Senior Member
    • Oct 2011
    • 709

    Sig Sauer P6/P225

    How are these pistols? they are selling for $436 at Budsguns are they like P226 or 229s or these are totally different from them?

    Is it worth getting this for this price? please advice
  • #2
    morrcarr67
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Jul 2010
    • 15053

    It's a single stack gun.
    Yes you can have 2 C&R 03 FFL's; 1 in California and 1 in a different state.

    Originally posted by Erion929

    Comment

    • #3
      smittty
      Calguns Addict
      • Feb 2008
      • 6270

      I had one few years ago. It couldn't feed hollow points.

      My LC9 cost less, holds almost same number of rounds, weighs about 1/2 and feeds hollow points.
      Last edited by smittty; 11-03-2012, 3:23 PM.

      Comment

      • #4
        wilit
        Calguns Addict
        • Dec 2005
        • 5213

        I've got one manufactured in 1981. Nice gun. Shoots like any typical Sig. Good value. The sights suck as does it being a single stack. Mine fed hollow points no problem and I don't think I have the revised feed ramp.
        "If a man hasn't found something worth dying for, he isn't fit to live." - Martin Luther King Jr.
        "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin
        "You have to be willing to swing your nuts like a deadblow hammer to put these jackasses in their place." - AJAX22
        "The best defense against usurpatory government is an assertive citizenry." - William F Buckley Jr.
        sigpic

        Comment

        • #5
          MRbaker
          Member
          • Jan 2012
          • 148

          I have had two of them and think they are great guns. I put new springs in with a lighter hammer spring and they shoot really nice. They have a heavy trigger stock but replacing the spring does wonders. And the price sounds fair to me as long as it is in decent shape.

          Comment

          • #6
            unusedusername
            Veteran Member
            • Sep 2008
            • 4124

            Early P6s were not designed to feed hollowpoints as the police using the pistols were not allowed to use hollowpoints.

            Later models (post 1985) feed them fine.

            The ones marked p225 all feed hollowpoints fine.

            They use an old heavy spring design, but this can be modernized or lightened without affecting reliability.

            They are a bit thick compared to other single stack Sigs (p239), but they are thinner then the main double stacks from Sig (p228,p229,p226).

            Also be aware that you can't mount a flashlight as it has no rail, but some people prefer rail-less guns anyways.

            Ive found my personal P6 to be very accurate, although it can't keep up with a dedicated target pistol.

            Overall the P6 is a nice little compact gun for some uses.

            Comment

            • #7
              mjmagee67
              Veteran Member
              • Jun 2011
              • 2771

              I have a P6 and really like it. If I ever get my CCW it will be my concealed gun of choice. It's slim reasonably small and light, and shoots accurately. Mine was made in 1984 and feeds hollow points fine. I know some moan it only holds 8+1 but my way of thinking if I ever need 9 shots in a self-defense situation I got a lot of other problem to deal with beside a reload.
              If you want change you have to put in your 2 cents, you can't just sit on the sidelines and whine.

              Comment

              • #8
                paul0660
                In Memoriam
                • Jul 2007
                • 15669

                I ever need 9 shots in a self-defense situation I got a lot of other problem to deal with beside a reload.
                I never understood that logic, and never will.
                *REMOVE THIS PART BEFORE POSTING*

                Comment

                • #9
                  navycorpsman
                  Senior Member
                  • Dec 2011
                  • 708

                  A german Made sig for less than 500;. How can you go wrong. Its a great little gun. Perfect Conceal Carry. And I dont mind 8+1, I agree if i need more in a defense situation thn i am in more trouble than just bullets. Other than that who cares. Wow i mean 2 less bullets than all CA complient Handguns
                  If you Are not behind us, then take your place in front of us" Devil Doc, Corpsman Up!
                  Love My country and My fellow Vets
                  R.I.P my brothers
                  HM3 John D. House, HN Aaron A. Kent, HM2 Cesar O. Baez, HM3 Travis Youngblood, HM3 Christopher W. Thompson, HM2 Allan M. Cundanga Espiritu (True Heros)

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    navycorpsman
                    Senior Member
                    • Dec 2011
                    • 708

                    BTW get the gun based on what you think and how it feels to you. IMHO Who cares what anyone thinks about a gun. All that matters is what you think. I love sigs, others hate sigs its always gonna be that way. Only thing that matters its YOUR GUN so u should deceide.
                    If you Are not behind us, then take your place in front of us" Devil Doc, Corpsman Up!
                    Love My country and My fellow Vets
                    R.I.P my brothers
                    HM3 John D. House, HN Aaron A. Kent, HM2 Cesar O. Baez, HM3 Travis Youngblood, HM3 Christopher W. Thompson, HM2 Allan M. Cundanga Espiritu (True Heros)

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      SilverTauron
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Jan 2012
                      • 5699

                      Originally posted by paul0660
                      I never understood that logic, and never will.
                      Its pretty simple . Outside of a squad of ex-KGB mercenaries targeting you for a hit, if a bad guy pulls a gun on you its for compliance with their demands for money . The moment you clear holster Mr Hood will be somewhere else quick fast and in a hurry-and if he does shoot its in the process of getting out of your line of fire. As such they won't be waiting for you to reach slide lock before GTFO of your home or immediate presence.

                      Hence the comment. Illinois State Police studies conducted when they switched to semi-autos found that most criminal engagements ended inside of 8 rounds. Long drawn out gunfights are a thing of combat zones and action movies.
                      The more prohibitions you have, the less virtuous people will be.
                      The more subsidies you have, the less self reliant people will be.
                      -Lao-Tzu, Tau Te Ching. 479 BCE

                      The 1911 may have been in wars for 100 years, but Masetro Bartolomeo Beretta was arming the world 400 years before John Browning was ever a wet dream.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Rimfire123
                        Senior Member
                        • Oct 2011
                        • 709

                        I want to get it if it has any collector value, as it was made in West Germany, unlike current day Sigs made in USA and also it was police/military issue.

                        What do you think? is there any collector value?

                        How does it compare to P226 or 229?

                        thanks

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          raymartrading
                          Member
                          • Feb 2009
                          • 264

                          Sig P6

                          Originally posted by Rimfire123
                          How are these pistols? they are selling for $436 at Budsguns are they like P226 or 229s or these are totally different from them?

                          Is it worth getting this for this price? please advice
                          The classic Sig P Series, weapons for a more civilized age, before the dark times, before the polymers...

                          You should try to shoot several models of Sigs before you buy. The P6 is an excellent pistol of a bygone era; very high manufacturing quality and it fits small hands well. You are limited to 8 rounds, but if they are all on target - who cares. The Sig p226 is bigger, the p228/229 is smaller than the p226 but bigger than the p6. Also, you should be aware of the long and heavy pull of the double action, you gotta want it to make that shot.

                          Finally, I don't think the Century import version is on the Cal Handgun Roster, that means you have to go SSE. You will have to find one to ppt in Kali (they always seem to be available). If your heart is still set on one, you should go for the p225 which is the more modern version with the improved feed ramp for hollow points.

                          I had to sell mine, and I will get another one someday.

                          Good Luck.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            ontmark
                            Senior Member
                            • Dec 2007
                            • 1237

                            I bought one when they were first coming in hordes. It did not feed hollow points with three brands. Was dated 1980. I have carried it in states that I can with it loaded with +P Powerball. +P Powerball shoots to point of aim plus 1 inch high at 25 yards. I can live with that.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              Rule .308
                              Veteran Member
                              • Oct 2005
                              • 2531

                              I have a couple of them and absolutely love 'em. Mine have no feed issues and they are German made Sigs, what is not to like about them?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1