Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

22 Pistol?? WHAT??

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #31
    tal3nt
    Veteran Member
    • Mar 2012
    • 3168

    I like how thin the 2245 is. And it's not like it has a lot of recoil to control for. It slips nicely into my range bag without taking up hardly any space. Some people do the whole dremel 1911 grip panel mod, but that's way too much effort IMO. The mini hogue grips fit nicely and add some thickness + finger grooves, but I keep it off because it becomes difficult to remove every time I want to field strip it.

    Comment

    • #32
      stix213
      AKA: Joe Censored
      CGN Contributor - Lifetime
      • Apr 2009
      • 19002

      Have you considered getting a .22 conversion for one of your centerfire pistols? Then your trigger time better translates to possible defensive use.

      I got a .22 conversion for my keltec pf-9, and it is a pretty sweet setup. Also it is helping me get better with the long pull trigger without the crazy snap from 9mm on this ridiculously light weight gun.

      Comment

      • #33
        Stardude82
        Junior Member
        • Aug 2012
        • 80

        Originally posted by scootle
        i think there is a special-order configuration of the 22/45 with removable grip panels... i forget which model it was, but you would likely have to SSE it in CA.
        Converting el cheapo 22/45 requires some grinding and a couple bushings. There's also the Volquartsen frame which costs most of the way of a 22/45. The Hogue universal grip is too big even though they claim on their website it should fit. I just contacted Ruger to see what they say about replacing the frame.
        Last edited by Stardude82; 10-26-2012, 4:45 PM.

        Comment

        • #34
          socal147
          Senior Member
          • Sep 2011
          • 1254

          Originally posted by Capybara
          GSG has a slide made of Zamak. As far as I am concerned, you would be shooting a gun that is a potential hand grenade, do some research here and on other sites about GSG 1911 KBs and cracked slides. Rugers are built much better, more accurate. No contest.
          I bought a GSG before I was educated on its weakness's. I am going to do my best to break it running standard ammo. Now I have a challenge.

          Comment

          • #35
            pennys dad
            Arizona Ex-Pat
            CGN Contributor - Lifetime
            • Feb 2008
            • 5984

            I use the GSG 1911 and I think it is just fine. I find the best ammo is High Velocity, I use CCI velocitor mainly or the M22 ammo.
            I also have the rugers and buckmarks.
            Buckmark over ruger.
            there is a gsg thread in the rimfire section of calguns.
            Pennys Dad

            Ps 25:4-5 NLT Show me the right path, O Lord; point out the road for me to follow. Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you.

            Comment

            • #36
              canopis
              Member
              • Aug 2012
              • 288

              Originally posted by PAKALO
              the Ruger Mark III blued 5.5" or the GSG 1911 22
              Of these two, I have not shot the GSG, but I can absolutely recommend the Ruger as an excellent choice. Another that I like shooting, and which I think is a viable lower-cost alternative to the Ruger, is the Smith and Wesson 22A. Accurate, reliable, easy to strip and clean.
              I am not a lawyer, so my dribbles are not legal advice.

              Comment

              Working...
              UA-8071174-1