Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Illegal California holster?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • ragenmoan
    Senior Member
    • Feb 2008
    • 567

    Illegal California holster?

    Found this item for a pocket holster for a Colt Mustang. The website says it's illegal here. Can someone tell me why?

    Shop DeSantis GunHide for premium leather and kydex holsters, duty gear, and more. Experience family-owned, American-made quality. Find your perfect fit today.
    For sale or trade:
    FN GP Comp (SOLD)
    S&W 629 Classic DX .44 mag
    Colt Government 1911 .45 acp
  • #2
    Brandon04GT
    In Memoriam
    • Feb 2011
    • 3016

    Because it's not on the safe holster roster




    i kid i kid

    I don't see why it would be illegal to own here. Some sites just say everything is illegal in CA.

    Comment

    • #3
      LMTluvr
      Senior Member
      • Aug 2012
      • 1348

      There is a link on the Holsters page to an ATF letter..


      Shop DeSantis GunHide for premium leather and kydex holsters, duty gear, and more. Experience family-owned, American-made quality. Find your perfect fit today.


      Still unsure. Im sure somebody knowledgable will come along.
      Slayer of abalone and lingcod.

      Comment

      • #4
        Exile Machine
        No longer in Business
        CGN Contributor - Lifetime
        • Oct 2009
        • 9551

        12020. (a) Any person in this state who does any of the following is punishable by imprisonment in a county jail not exceeding one year or in the state prison:
        (1) Manufactures or causes to be manufactured, imports into the state, keeps for sale, or offers or exposes for sale, or who gives, lends, or possesses any cane gun or wallet gun, [...]

        (4) As used in this section, a "wallet gun" means any firearm mounted or enclosed in a case, resembling a wallet, designed to be or capable of being carried in a pocket or purse, if the firearm may be fired while mounted or enclosed in the case.
        Manufacturer of CA AWB Compliance Products from Oct 2009 to Nov 2018

        Comment

        • #5
          Brandon04GT
          In Memoriam
          • Feb 2011
          • 3016

          hmm interesting

          Comment

          • #6
            LMTluvr
            Senior Member
            • Aug 2012
            • 1348



            Heres some further discussion on it.....
            Slayer of abalone and lingcod.

            Comment

            • #7
              Lugiahua
              Senior Member
              • Sep 2011
              • 1576

              something new to me, I never knew there is a holster law in CA...

              Comment

              • #8
                madd556
                Member
                • Jan 2010
                • 103

                Not an attorney, but looks like it violates CA penal code 12020(a)(1). It makes the pistol a "wallet gun" since pistol is capable of being fired while in the holster.

                Comment

                • #9
                  NytWolf
                  Veteran Member
                  • Feb 2010
                  • 3935

                  The description of the holster says
                  The #110 disguises itself as a wallet but can be brought into action instantly without removing the gun.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Euphoria526
                    Veteran Member
                    • Jun 2012
                    • 3812

                    Yeah that's stupid illegal. As soon as I saw the trigger port an you could pull the trigger in said holster. Yeah that's so hot I wouldn't touch that with a 50ft pole
                    Originally posted by Jimi Jah
                    I punch paper only because it is illegal to punch people.
                    Originally posted by elpaisa1
                    I think flatulence is a more serious crime. I think it should be a misdemeanor with a 1000 dollar fine or 6 months of jail. It should be a felony if done near an open flame.

                    Originally posted by Euphoria526
                    I'm so awesome, I think I'll quote myself

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Brandon04GT
                      In Memoriam
                      • Feb 2011
                      • 3016

                      So if you take Remora holster and cut a hole around the trigger area, does that become a wallet holster? lol

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Snoopy47
                        Veteran Member
                        • Aug 2010
                        • 3903

                        Originally posted by Lugiahua
                        something new to me, I never knew there is a holster law in CA...
                        What the law is going after is making sure when fired and gun looks like a gun.

                        The moment the "case" is designed to be fired while the gun is still inside the case it becomes illegal.

                        If the gun had to be drawn from the "wallet" before it could be fired it would be fine.
                        Before there was Polymer there was Accuracy.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Brandon04GT
                          In Memoriam
                          • Feb 2011
                          • 3016

                          Makes sense I suppose. No pocket versions of...

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            ragenmoan
                            Senior Member
                            • Feb 2008
                            • 567

                            Originally posted by Brandon04GT
                            Makes sense I suppose. No pocket versions of...

                            ah yes, the ole' machine gun in the briefcase setup.
                            For sale or trade:
                            FN GP Comp (SOLD)
                            S&W 629 Classic DX .44 mag
                            Colt Government 1911 .45 acp

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              Agent Orange
                              Banned
                              • May 2010
                              • 989

                              Originally posted by Lugiahua
                              something new to me, I never knew there is a holster law in CA...
                              There isn't.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1