Ive been looking at options for 9mm HD ammo. I've found the Federal JHP 135 or 147G, but was wondering if there are any other suggestions?
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
9mm HD ammo
Collapse
X
-
9mm HD ammo
Tags: None -
I personally use "Winchester ranger 127 grain +p+ hollow points. I'm no expert, but there's my input."The purpose of living is to find something worth dying for"Comment
-
Here's a great read and list of options on home defense ammo from m4carbine: http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=19887Comment
-
+1 on the Critical Defense.
I have the 115g 9mm loaded in Glock 17, shoots very well.
The round itself is very relaible also."A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."
"Between your faith and my Glock 9mm I'll take the Glock."
- Arnold Schawarzenegger (End of Days)Comment
-
I recently picked up two boxes of Hornady Critical Defense FTX. 115GR 9mm and 185GR .45 AUTOComment
-
Use what your local PD uses.Comment
-
I use Hornady Critical Defense. Fantastic round.Comment
-
On a side note, I believe you should train with the same weight that you intend to use for HD. Since I use 115gr at the range, 115gr Critical Defense rounds made sense.Comment
-
i use fed hst 124gr standard pressure, i wanna get some ranger t 124gr +p havent found a good price on it yetsigpicComment
-
You can find the same stuff (Speer gold dot 124 gr +p) in boxes of 50 for around $25 -$30 a box.
I would say any of these would work great:
Speer gold dot 124 gr +p Or +p+
Winchester T series or SXT
Federal HST
Any corbon
The only hollow points I would stay away from are from reloading companies.
I did notice that the 147 gr seems to have more recoil/ push then the 115 gr in +pComment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,854
Posts: 25,152,540
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,763
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 41892 users online. 118 members and 41774 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.

Comment