Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Glock 27 ??

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    inapirekim
    Junior Member
    • Jan 2012
    • 24

    Originally posted by Oceanbob
    The Glock 27 is a fantastic compact weapon. Sometimes I run .357SIG barrel (extended) Lots of noise. haha



    But most of the time I just run the stock .40 barrel with a Glock 23 Magazine with sleeve. Neat little package.

    how does that work with the different calibers?
    6MT Capital G

    NRA/CRPA MEMBER

    Comment

    • #17
      Oceanbob
      I need a LIFE!!
      • Jun 2010
      • 12720

      Originally posted by inapirekim
      how does that work with the different calibers?
      Works just fine. Considering the .40 caliber shell is the same shell necked down up front to make .357 Sig. The same diameter bullet allows you to use the same magazine for both. All you have to do is change the barrel. (several manufactures make conversion barrels).

      runs fine.
      May the Bridges I burn light the way.

      Life Is Not About Waiting For The Storm To Pass - Its About Learning To Dance In The Rain.

      Fewer people are killed with all rifles each year (323 in 2011) than with shotguns (356), hammers and clubs (496), and hands and feet (728).

      Comment

      • #18
        Turo
        Calguns Addict
        • May 2009
        • 5066

        Loved my 27. It carries well, shoots well, and holds 10 rounds of .40S&W. There's nothing to hate about it. Unless, of course, one can't be bothered to change their clothes a tiny bit to accommodate a slightly-wider-than-tiny gun. It's not Kahr thin, but as long as your pants are one size bigger than normal, it shouldn't be a problem.
        "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure."
        -Thomas Jefferson

        Comment

        • #19
          PerfectReset
          Member
          • Aug 2012
          • 474

          If it's your first Glock and you aren't attached to .40 I'd go with the 26. I have a 23 and have been trying to find a 26/19 just so I can practice more for less $. I've been trying to find a Shield as well, might be worth the wait if size matters...
          To be, or not to be: that is the question:
          Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
          The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
          Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,
          And by opposing end them? To die: to sleep;

          Comment

          • #20
            pdq_wizzard
            Veteran Member
            • May 2008
            • 3813

            Originally posted by PerfectReset
            If it's your first Glock and you aren't attached to .40 I'd go with the 26. I have a 23 and have been trying to find a 26/19 just so I can practice more for less $. I've been trying to find a Shield as well, might be worth the wait if size matters...
            Price of ammo is not an issue, I reload
            Also I 9s 357 44 and 45

            Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2
            Q: What was the most positive result of the "Cash for Clunkers" program?
            A: It took 95% of the Obama bumper stickers off the road.

            Originally posted by M. Sage
            More what? More crazy?
            You live in California. There's always more crazy. It's a renewable resource.

            Comment

            • #21
              dkthree
              Member
              • Jan 2010
              • 422

              The 27 disappears on me, I'm 6'4" and 205 and can do shorts and shirt with a iwb holster. I also prefer the factory length mag to carry and would carry my 23 if I wanted more grip length.

              The 27 seemed tight compared to my other glocks. It seemed to take longer for the magazine springs and recoil spring to break in and it's harder to seat the mag even when using a 23 length mag.

              Do it and enjoy!!!

              Comment

              • #22
                Virus55
                Senior Member
                • Aug 2012
                • 1697

                Make sure you try it out first buddy. i personally like the G26
                Active Law Enforcement
                Certified Glock Armorer
                Hunter & Fisherman
                God Bless The USA
                Lets Go Brandon!!!

                Comment

                • #23
                  ElDub1950
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Aug 2012
                  • 5688

                  Originally posted by PerfectReset
                  If it's your first Glock and you aren't attached to .40 I'd go with the 26. I have a 23 and have been trying to find a 26/19 just so I can practice more for less $. I've been trying to find a Shield as well, might be worth the wait if size matters...
                  Not for the OP, I saw his 'I reload' note. But you might consider a 9mm conversion barrel for your G23. For $110 + a couple of G19 mags you have a 2nd gun. Works great for me.

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    Ryan in SD
                    Senior Member
                    • Apr 2009
                    • 1966

                    I like mine, yes theres some decent recoil from it being small but it is managable.

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      PerfectReset
                      Member
                      • Aug 2012
                      • 474

                      Originally posted by ElDub1950
                      Not for the OP, I saw his 'I reload' note. But you might consider a 9mm conversion barrel for your G23. For $110 + a couple of G19 mags you have a 2nd gun. Works great for me.
                      ...and this is why i love this forum, thanks!
                      To be, or not to be: that is the question:
                      Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
                      The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
                      Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,
                      And by opposing end them? To die: to sleep;

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        MossbergMan
                        Senior Member
                        • Oct 2009
                        • 1255

                        Have daily carried my G-27 for nearly 20 years. Works everytime I press the trigger. 9 rounds of .40 in a package that small is quite easy to carry and conceal. Not the gun for extended range days IMO.
                        Larry Renner
                        Plus (+) P Proficiency LLC
                        NRA and CA. P.O.S.T certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Tactical Instructor.
                        You never rise to the occassion, you only sink to your lowest level of training" Unknown.

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          pdq_wizzard
                          Veteran Member
                          • May 2008
                          • 3813

                          OK I put one in Jail today, the cool part is the SN "TACxxx" I guess I'm drinking the Kool-aid
                          Q: What was the most positive result of the "Cash for Clunkers" program?
                          A: It took 95% of the Obama bumper stickers off the road.

                          Originally posted by M. Sage
                          More what? More crazy?
                          You live in California. There's always more crazy. It's a renewable resource.

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            Jack L
                            CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                            CGN Contributor
                            • Oct 2010
                            • 1721

                            I bought mine 'Blue Lable' so it was cheap. I carry it but may switch to a thinner profile at some point. They shoot well, work well, no issues except the profile and a little heavy.

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              pdq_wizzard
                              Veteran Member
                              • May 2008
                              • 3813

                              Originally posted by Jack L
                              I bought mine 'Blue Lable' so it was cheap. I carry it but may switch to a thinner profile at some point. They shoot well, work well, no issues except the profile and a little heavy.
                              You want to talk about heavy, I carry a 3.5" RI 1911 and a full sized Sig P-220 R now, this thing should be a dream to carry.
                              Q: What was the most positive result of the "Cash for Clunkers" program?
                              A: It took 95% of the Obama bumper stickers off the road.

                              Originally posted by M. Sage
                              More what? More crazy?
                              You live in California. There's always more crazy. It's a renewable resource.

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                SacTown
                                Senior Member
                                • Apr 2011
                                • 1784

                                I'm not a fan of the .40 but I do own the 9mm twin brother, the G26, and carry it daily. Great weapon for CCW because of it's ability to conceal really well. I use stock mags for better concealment while carrying IWB. If you like shooting .40 then get the G27, if you prefer 9mm, get the G26. Can't go wrong with either.
                                sigpic SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1