Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

New Glock 19 Gen 4 question

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #31
    Shenaniguns
    Calguns Addict
    • Dec 2006
    • 6158

    Originally posted by MXRider
    My gen 2 17 that was made in late 91 sometimes throws brass in my face. It doesn't do it any more or less than my other 2 gen 3's do. Haven't jumped on the gen 4 bandwagon yet, maybe next year.

    Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
    I said consistently... An occasional bttf (once every couple hundred rounds) is not a problem and probably ammo related, having bttf every magazine and some times more than one time per mag is a problem IMO. Certain ammo is more prone to it than others and I'm over 600 rounds of testing Apex's revised prototype extractor and over 1,000 on my Gen 4 G19 for the 2 months I've owned it. I wish we had more before testing where I had bttf a dozen times, ejection straight up, to 3 o'clock etc but it was 112 degrees and the gun was too hot to handle.

    This video is from 2 separate weeks of shooting and the goofing around at the end was mainly my buddies older 3rd Gen G19 where an occasional brass flies back at 6 o'clock but never hits him square in the face.

    Last edited by Shenaniguns; 07-19-2012, 3:09 PM.
    My opinions are my own and do not represent the position of other companies I may be involved with.

    Comment

    • #32
      Shenaniguns
      Calguns Addict
      • Dec 2006
      • 6158

      And a good article from Tim Lau on Glock's current extraction problems:
      For thirty years, Glock 9mm handguns have been nearly synonymous with reliability, but recently, many Glock owners have been suf...
      My opinions are my own and do not represent the position of other companies I may be involved with.

      Comment

      • #33
        Shenaniguns
        Calguns Addict
        • Dec 2006
        • 6158

        Originally posted by ap3572001
        I do have reliable information that ALL GEN4 Glocks in 9mm are designed around NATO BALL and TYPICAL full power (including +P+) LE ammuniton.

        We have MANY officers who buy other types off ammo to shoot in their GEN4 9mm Glocks and are having some issues.

        Glocks GEN4 in .40 and .45 SEEMS to work perfect with ALL factory loads.

        PS. Using Glocks for almost 20 years, I had the very best experience with GEN2 in 9mm

        That's *** backwards IMO, I'll probably use a different recoil setup similar to the Gen 3 setup in the future.
        My opinions are my own and do not represent the position of other companies I may be involved with.

        Comment

        • #34
          hardluck
          Member
          • Mar 2010
          • 114

          Originally posted by Shenaniguns
          Mine didn't like some Hornady stuff, not a big deal and I won't miss it since there is better practice and defensive ammo out there.
          Totally agree....
          NRA member


          Originally posted by lkwan78
          Rattlehead, dang... u have 4 guns with RMR's! I'm pooping my RMR cherry soon.

          Comment

          Working...
          UA-8071174-1