Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Like your Kahr?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    Nylo
    Senior Member
    • Oct 2005
    • 877

    I had a P9 which served me well. In the beginning there was a few stove pipes but after about 200 round everything smoothed out. This was my primary CCW carry for years until I was given a G26. The light weight P9 combined with the CompTac's C.T.A.C. was a formidable combination. So comfy I would forget it was there. I wish I hadn't sold it.

    Tip: They seem to work better if you clean and oil them often.
    Last edited by Nylo; 01-25-2008, 12:41 AM.

    Comment

    • #17
      CALI-gula
      Calguns Addict
      • Jan 2006
      • 7222

      There needs to be a small 10mm Kahr. An "MK10" would be very cool.

      .
      ------------------------

      Comment

      • #18
        JMB1911
        Senior Member
        • Nov 2007
        • 948

        Originally posted by Big Bad Mojo
        what carry ammo do you use in your kahrs? i have a k9 elite and it chokes on speer gold dots -- dottie at kahr said to try something else. any recommendations?
        I use 147 gr Winchester Rangers without problems. I've also tried the 127 gr +p+ but the recoil was too much for me.

        Comment

        • #19
          RDinSacto
          Junior Member
          • Dec 2007
          • 42

          CW9

          I've got a Kahr CW9 that I like quite well. I've used WWB, Blazer and premuim self-defense ammo and had no problems.

          Comment

          • #20
            blackbox
            Member
            • Apr 2007
            • 262

            One more vote for the MK40. IMHO, ts not a beast to shoot at all. I have no trouble putting 200 rounds through it in one range session. Very reliable, and as accurate as a fullsize pistol (typical 6 shot group 3" at 7 yards for me).

            Comment

            • #21
              TacFan
              Veteran Member
              • Jan 2006
              • 3021

              I have a Kahr PM9 and the K40. Both are awesome guns and shooters.
              For Sale
              🔫 Pistols

              ☠ Rifles

              Comment

              • #22
                ELEVENTH HOUR
                Senior Member
                • Oct 2008
                • 1426

                I will give you my opinion, in about 2 weeks...
                Last edited by ELEVENTH HOUR; 04-12-2009, 2:04 AM.
                1911-The most beautiful delivery system for 230 Grains of lead.

                Comment

                • #23
                  Spyder
                  CGN Contributor
                  • Mar 2008
                  • 17276

                  Absolutely LOVE my Kahr K40 Elite '03. It shoots straight, recoil is very manageable and with a decent holster it's not even heavy.

                  I did a little bit of file work on the trigger because it bit me a little once in a while but nothing to really worry about as it was more my finger positioning than anything. Wish I would have known that then.

                  So far its not had a malfunction of any kind with any ammo.

                  The only thing I DON'T like about it is that the stainless frame, where it is not polished, once in a while develops a little bit of surface rust when I wear it in the summer and it gets sweat on it. Function and comfort and accuracy are all top notch though, and the stainless framed Kahrs look great as well.

                  Buy it and enjoy! If ya don't like it, resale on them is very good so you'll likely get most if not all of it back.

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    QuarterBoreGunner
                    Administrator
                    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                    • Oct 2005
                    • 9389

                    NECROPOST!

                    Good little guns; I have a 1st Gen K40 that is solid.
                    /Chris

                    I have a perfect Burning Man attendance record: zero.

                    You do know there are more guns in the country than there are in the city.
                    Everyone and their mums is packin' round here!
                    Like who?
                    Farmers.
                    Who else?
                    Farmers' mums.

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      Gator Monroe
                      Banned
                      • Oct 2007
                      • 6422

                      Which Kahr was used in the Jodie Foster movie (Remake of Death Wish)

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        QuarterBoreGunner
                        Administrator
                        CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                        • Oct 2005
                        • 9389

                        Stainless full-size (well... full size for a Kahr anyway) of some type, I'd guess a K9.
                        /Chris

                        I have a perfect Burning Man attendance record: zero.

                        You do know there are more guns in the country than there are in the city.
                        Everyone and their mums is packin' round here!
                        Like who?
                        Farmers.
                        Who else?
                        Farmers' mums.

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          DRSFEFA
                          Member
                          • Dec 2004
                          • 140

                          I have a CW9 that I carry probably 80% of the time. I'm very happy with it.
                          Responsible CCW is a lifetime commitment to awareness, avoidance, and de-escalation.
                          "Be nice: everyone is fighting a battle you know nothing about!"

                          PROUD MEMBER OF THE NRA!

                          It's entirely possible I responded without reading 8 pages of whining posts - live with it!

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            Spyder
                            CGN Contributor
                            • Mar 2008
                            • 17276

                            Here's a review I wrote a few years ago for the Kahr...

                            In a few short words, I love it! Accurate, small, easy to shoot, points great, awesome trigger, good grips, flawless function...

                            Kahr K40 Elite 03

                            I've been carrying it for about three months now and I love it. The particular model I picked up has smoothed edges for easier draw and more comfort. It's far more comfortable than my Sig 226. I did have to do a little bit of filing on the front sight to smooth out the sharp corner that was against my body, but the rest of the gun is perfect for carry. It's a bit heavier than I expected, but is a full stainless frame. The poly version is quite a bit lighter with the same dimensions and capacity. I opted for the stainless because of the weight, actually, as the poly one will beat you up after a long shooting session, much like Rolex's Glocks. I fire a LOT of ammo when I go, so I wanted something I could carry and still put a couple of hundred through once or twice a week without being beat up. It fits in the pocket of a loose fitting pair of jeans or shorts, although it is just barely large enough to show an outline to those who know what to look for. If you wanted to go smaller, the MK9, MK40 would be perfect guns, as they are essentially the same but about 2/3 the size.

                            It holds 6+1 of .40S&W. There are a variety of sizes, styles and calibers available, and I wanted something different than a 9mm just because I did. The .45 had not been out long enough for me to find one that I liked for a reasonable price, so I went with the .40, which is great.

                            Recoil is surprisingly light for a subcompact .40. Felt recoil seems to be only slightly more than my Sig 226 in 9mm, and I can fire two hundred rounds through the Kahr and still pull off accurate groups at the end of the session because I'm not sore or feeling too much fatigue yet. When I go, I usually warm up with my Ruger MkII, firing a hundred or so rounds through it, then move on to the 9mm, firing until I want to change, then some .357, 38 Special, 38 S&W and .40, switching every few magazines just for variety. If I'm at the outdoor range, I'll pop off a few cylinders from the blackpowder 1858 Remington, just to impress the hell out of whoever else is out there.

                            The gun feels great in your hand. It points where you look and rapid fire without sights is surprisingly easy to keep on target. Double taps were just as easy as with my Sig 226 in 9mm, and using slow fire I was producing groups of about an two inches, two handed grip, at 7 yards. One of my earlier groups surprised the HELL out of me, as every round was in the same damned spot. Seven rounds, at 10 yards, and I couldn't have passed a 30 carbine casing sideways through the hole. Very accurate gun for a 3.5" barrel. Hell, very accurate gun for any handgun without modifications.

                            Longer ranges of fifty or so yards, I wasn't really firing at a target, but at debris on the range. Bracing it against the bedrails on the truck, I could hit 1/2 gallon milk jugs better than half of the time. Great shooting gun, I'll say it again!

                            Trigger pull is awesome. Smooth, consistent and just heavy enough to be comfortable with keeping the thing in a pocket. (If I'm carrying unholstered and therefore with an unprotected trigger, I do NOT keep it hot. Only when the trigger is protected by leather is there a round in the chamber) The trigger doesn't catch or bind or grab and the stainless trigger itself has the perfect curve to fit just about anyones hand.

                            Grips are soft rubber, thin and comfortable. Single stack magazine, so its nice and narrow. Reversible thumb mag release that, so far, has been flawless.

                            Dissasembly is easy and requires no tools. Just pull the slide back about halfway and knock out the slide catch with something that won't scratch the stainless, and it comes right apart.

                            Can't really think of much bad to say about it. I've had a thousand or so rounds through it and have had no problems to speak of. I can empty a full magazine in no time, as fast as I can pull the trigger, with el cheapo ammo and have no jams yet. The one and only thing I'm not fond of is that when it arrived there were traces of rust on the frame. Shouldn't happen on a stainless gun, I know, but it did. It came to me totally dry and VERY well cleaned, but non-lubricated. I bought it lightly used. The backstrap, where the webbing of your hand between the thumb and finger, and just above the trigger guard had little spots of surface rust. I cleaned the hell out of it and applied Tetra Gun heavy penetrating lube, massaging it into the metal a couple of times and its been fine since then, no more has showed up.

                            Overall, I'm exceptionally happy with this offering from Kahr! I sometimes wish I had gotten the poly framed pistol, or the MK40, which is the 2/3 size stainless .40, but then every time I go to the range, I'm glad that this ones got a little bit of heft to it. When I test fired the MP9 (super small 9mm) and the P40 (poly .40), after a box of ammo I wanted to change guns. This one I can shoot a full session.

                            Accurate, small, reliable, pretty and getting easier and easier to find. I like it!

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              Joe
                              Calguns Addict
                              • Apr 2006
                              • 5730

                              i want a kahr

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                SS109
                                Member
                                • Aug 2007
                                • 261

                                I'm picking my CW9 up in 9 more days.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1